Paid Name Change Impacting Addons

I'm looking at getting a paid character name change, but before I do, does anyone know if it will have any impact on my installed addons/ui due to saved profiles for characters? If so, what prep work can be done to prevent this from occurring?

Thanks

Deleted
    You will have to re-select all your profiles for your addons and copy your char-specific settings folder (WTF\Accout\ACCNAME\Realm\Char\).

15+ Year Old Account
    i think the best preperation work is to look on your WTF folder \realm\ char and copy in under a different name (not the name of you new charecter) and after the name chanceyou place the copied files in the right plce whit your name charecter name

some addons might act weird tho if they expect you player name to not chance ( but then they are badly written :P )
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Alternatively, you could use Reflux, that way you can setup a config for most (all) of your Addons, which you can then enable on any new character at any time. In all it's basics, Reflux changes the profiles of most (all) Addons, and can copy all the current profiles to one single profile. All in all, a great tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerr View Post
    Alternatively, you could use Reflux, that way you can setup a config for most (all) of your Addons, which you can then enable on any new character at any time. In all it's basics, Reflux changes the profiles of most (all) Addons, and can copy all the current profiles to one single profile. All in all, a great tool.
    Yeah, if you use ACE addons.

Deleted
    Reflux can also emulate profiles for addons that don't use ACE.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yup... Reflux just copies the addon's SV into it's own SV to make it into a "profile", if you tell it to do so. Pretty slick work, really. I use it with StUF (which is on character-specific settings) to copy new UF designs to other characters (to test with things like debuffs, holy power, shards, etc).

Ah, nice. Didn't know that :]