Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's not a bad spell, but i'd rather have something else. Our teleport was very creative and it has many uses. This is just bad. It's totally worthless in PVP and works as a trinket in PVE.
    If blizzard changed it or removed it completely giving us our 14% nerf back i wouldnt mind not having an additional button to push.
    I mean omg just look at the VW one. I wanna puke all over the place just by thinking about it.

It's a worse version of demonic sacrifice. At least as destro in TBC killing your imp was worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Gherkin posted the numbers for 80 a while back; there was about 150dps difference between the Felguard at the high end, and Imp at the lower end. Like I say, this seemed to make up for the fact that Destruction's baseline was stronger overall at that time. There's no reason this design philosophy should have changed.

Ultimately, they're balanced around the spec they're intended to be used with, not around each other.
    I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but says who? Those numbers were nice and all. But 80 is irrelevant for spells usable at 85. What makes you think destro's base damage is higher? Every single piece of evidence we have proves the opposite.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but says who? Those numbers were nice and all. But 80 is irrelevant for spells usable at 85. What makes you think destro's base damage is higher? Every single piece of evidence we have proves the opposite.
    If they turn out not to be balanced, the numbers will be changed just as any other numbers are. The fact remains they're not balanced against each other, but as a part of the spec they are intended to be used with.

Edit to add: Affliction is ahead of Destruction by virtue of a 'quirk' with Improved Soul Fire; ignore that and once again, Destruction is actually some way ahead. Given the devs track record of missing 'quirks' with Warlocks, (Searing Pain and Drain Life spring to mind) regardless of how much they're discussed and abused on the PTR/Beta, I don't think it would be long after Cata is live before ISF is actually fixed.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2010-12-02 at 04:07 PM.

There are far to many nay sayers in this thread, I mean, its a free DPS CD that all three specs can use, that alone is impressive. Not to mention, it's unique to each spec, and therefore, as said before in this thread, balanced around each spec. Be happy, it's one of the most unique CDs in the game.

Also, stop acting like it won't get balanced at 85 if its under powered, they can always tweak numbers or a add a glyph.

p.s. If the VW effect really bothers you wait until do any of the cata content, add and threat management are godly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Demon Soul does it's job without giving us an I Win button (either I Win the meters or I Win pvp)
    I'm happy with it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by __sheo__ View Post
    Just because it's an 85 spell doesn't mean it has to be an amazing dps/survivability increase. I'm just happy to finally have some CDs to use.

Plus, do destro locks really need another haste buff?
    I just like the idea of seeing a ball of fel flames shooting out incinerates like a machine gun. That would be awesome imo. And as I said they were not perfect abilities, just more imaginative than the current effects.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 01:19 PM ----------

Honestly the felpup, felgaurd, and to a lesser extent the imp I can live with, but the voidwalker and succubus abilities are total garbage. Maybe adding soulburn with demon soul woud make Searing pain viable again.

Deleted
    The Imp one is a joke, a fu cking insult. What where they thinking?

Deleted
    It just seems all the other classes have gotten really cool and unique abilities, while we're stuck with a pretty mediocre one. In theory having a different effect on different pets would make it cool and unique, but in practice it just means the buff comes in different flavour for different specs. You wouldn't use the imp as affliction to get his DS buff, or use Felhunter as demo for its DS buff. So all it does is act as an "increase dps by X%" cooldown with a slightly different way of increasing dps per spec. If they changed it to flat out dps increase regardless of spec it would make no difference at all. The only unique one is the VW effect, which would be handy while levelling but kinda worthless since you get it at lv.85. The succubus effect is utter garbage and I can't see why Blizz hasn't changed it despite every lock saying so. The succy is a crowd controll and destro pvp pet, so you'd expect an ability related to that. Insead it buffs the damage of one spell which destro doesn't even use and the other two specs only use as filler.

They're great for the specs that they are intended for.

Imp - Destruction
    Felhunter - Affliction
    Felguard - Demonology

Voidwalker is meant for a soloing warlock. Not sure about succubus... can't really justify that.

I dont know .. I was expecting more TBH... I thought it was going to be something awesome... Now its just something else that I bind onto my spam keys cause my destro rotation is getting stupid. I might keep it out as a button I press but I highly doubt it.

Demo... another trinket... Demo rotation getting stupid.

Honestly its like they took warlocks and said "hey I wonder how many buttons I can add to their rotation that make no sense at all.".... I dont mind the feel for the most part, BUT this just makes it ONE MORE THING.... I am not impressed

I like it, the Warlock class has been lacking a real on demand burst button (if you exclude demon form), adding both Demon Soul and the Soul Burn features for Cataclysm seems to remedy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberoth View Post
    I dont know .. I was expecting more TBH... I thought it was going to be something awesome... Now its just something else that I bind onto my spam keys cause my destro rotation is getting stupid. I might keep it out as a button I press but I highly doubt it.

Demo... another trinket... Demo rotation getting stupid.

Honestly its like they took warlocks and said "hey I wonder how many buttons I can add to their rotation that make no sense at all.".... I dont mind the feel for the most part, BUT this just makes it ONE MORE THING.... I am not impressed
    Explain something "awesome" that you wouldn't bind to a bar and hit eventually. Are you talking about some kind of new proc or something? I'm curious as to what most of these Demon Soul haters were wanting exactly.

Deleted
    I like it, myself. I've played a 'lock too many times with having nothing to do when people shout "blow cds". Trinkets come and go, and yes, if you have 2 on use trinkets plus an on-use staff plus Soulburn plus Demon Soul, it's hard, but when you have all of those on-hit, and if you don't use Soulburn that much, Demon Soul is a Gods-send... Or a Sargeras-send for warlocks :P

(Also, think you have too many buttons to press so you can't press DS? In a normal rotation count, simply count the number of times you use your fillerspell. I'm no number cruncher, but I'll bet DS is much more important than one Shadow Bolt/Incinerate.)

Edit: Plus, with a 2min CD, forgive me if I'm wrong but on a, for example, Saurfang fight you can use it 3 times. 3 little button presses. Is that bad, for what we get?
    Last edited by mmoc95c4570f6c; 2010-12-03 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Felhunter - Periodic shadow damage increased by 20% for 20 sec. Descent[/COLOR]

Felguard - Spell haste increased by 15% and fire and shadow damage done increased by 10% for 20 sec. Descent (but only available to demo locks.)
    It's spelt Decent not "Descent" you're not going down anywhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    I like it, myself. I've played a 'lock too many times with having nothing to do when people shout "blow cds". Trinkets come and go, and yes, if you have 2 on use trinkets plus an on-use staff plus Soulburn plus Demon Soul, it's hard, but when you have all of those on-hit, and if you don't use Soulburn that much, Demon Soul is a Gods-send... Or a Sargeras-send for warlocks :P

(Also, think you have too many buttons to press so you can't press DS? In a normal rotation count, simply count the number of times you use your fillerspell. I'm no number cruncher, but I'll bet DS is much more important than one Shadow Bolt/Incinerate.)

Edit: Plus, with a 2min CD, forgive me if I'm wrong but on a, for example, Saurfang fight you can use it 3 times. 3 little button presses. Is that bad, for what we get?
    I guess it depends on the guild. Our Saurfang fights are barely 2 minutes.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/e6itk...?s=1707&e=1836

You honestly have no clue how amazing the Felhunter, Imp and Felguard are do you?

That ability can literally mean the difference between the match won or lost cause of how much pressure it puts out.

(This POV from 85 arenas)
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    It's actually not that bad if you know how and when to use it. It's not as good as Afflictions via Felhunter, but its still 60-80% as powerful.

Just because it looks like shit doesn't mean it is.

R.I.P. YARG

While none are what I expected, felhunter and felgaurd are decent. Imp is meh, and not as good as the previous two. Voidwalker is useless for 90% of the warlock community. Succubus is an absolute waste to 100% of the warlock community. The only way to get any worthy benefit out of the succubus is to spam sb for the full 20 sec which is totaly retarded.

while all of them do make since, I am really not impressed with demon soul. Now thats not to say it is a bad spell, as right now we do not have a on demand dps effect like demon soul, but it could have been done so much better.
    "¿ʞɐǝɹɟ ɐ ǝɹ,noʎ uǝɥʍ 'ʇı ʇ,usı 'ʎlǝuol s,ʇı"