Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    I am fairly certain Wrath of the Lich King came out on a Thursday so maintenance was never intended to be in the plans.

There was no maintenance this week either so it'll be interesting how they handle tuesday.
    Um there was maintenance this week - longer than normal actually. Where were you for that one?

And 8 hours ago....http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1184?page=4#61

I remember opening the portal for BC was smooth. I remember turning on the portals to Northrend being smooth.

The only trick, at least for BC, was logging out and back in before you could port to Outland. I'm not sure if the same was true for Northrend, although I was doing it anyway. Either way, there's no maintenance period planned for midnight, it's just a command we run on all the servers, and assuming your account is upgraded, shazam, everything opens up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there will be maintenance on Tuesday; I saw a blue post regarding Cataclysms release. Still, if there is going to be maintenance Tuesday, expect a thread on it to appear over the weekend on the Service Status forums on the official website.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    I don't think there will be maintenance on Tuesday; I saw a blue post regarding Cataclysms release. Still, if there is going to be maintenance Tuesday, expect a thread on it to appear over the weekend on the Service Status forums on the official website.
    Read the post and refer to the link above your post. No maintenance like every other expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

this is the third expansion and each has gotten better the day of launch and i suspect they are putting alot of time into making sure the transition is going to be as smooth as possible, while i doubt maintenance i would expect on higher pop realms to be waiting a while to log in, i expect at least an hour for my realm (korgath a)

10+ Year Old Account
    short answer yes

long answer YEEESSSSS

With their new streamed updated of the game, where they can just add anything they want basically as long as it exists in the data files of everyone's PC like everything in Cataclysm already does, I'm sure they have a way of just "opening" and adding the NPCs to every zone, you might be having to "download" the zone like when you try to start playing the game when it's Availible in your Launcher, but I find it hard to believe that they will add a maintenance for this to happen.

Can we just end this by saying "nobody knows, but most likely not"?

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Been a few threads about this, but chances are there will be no maint on tuesday (Unless the shit hits the fan anyway)
    Likely to only be rolling restarts.
    which it will. There will be some down times, servers crashings rolling restarts all the fun stuff with a launch, but no actual maintenance.

Pretty much everything is in the game. Why would their be a ton of crashes and maintenance required? Maybe server issues with too many people logging in at once but the world should be good to go. I can't see them doing rolling restarts. More then likely they'll just shut down all the servers an hour or two before midnight PST and do some checks/fixes of hardware and then boot up at midnight.

Either way, if you don't have your toon ready to go a day ahead of time you are pretty dumb.