Thread: Gnome or Worgen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Uh... Worgen will be available for race change at Cata release. Source.

Worgen cast animation's terrible to be honest. I'd tell you to stay human, the trinket racial's actually very useful for pve. But if you want to switch regardless, try gnome. You'd be surprised at the number of people that can't Tab target and fails to click on you. If you don't pvp, the mana pool will still help you.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Deleted
    Worgen cast animation's terrible to be honest.
    I...like the cast animations They suit a big feral wolf type character IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to choose I'd say Gnome for healer, Worgen if you're shadow. But it doesn't really matter, you should probably choose which ever you think is "cooler" in your opinion. A game should be about fun, and you can be great at any class no matter what race you are.

Worgens have cooler lore ^^
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”- Buddha

Gnome power all the way, their extra mana will totaly beat 1 plus crit

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhonors View Post
    Worgens have cooler lore ^^
    How is weird monsters from another dimension biting Humans cooler lore than Gnomes... What's cooler than being the direct descendants of clockwork robots created as toys by the Titans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes are probably the single best Priest (close 2nd & it's debatable is BE) due to the extra mana. Mana pools are going to be super inportant in Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2010-12-03 at 05:12 PM.

Gnome = Blood Elf if you have Replenishment in your group and do not use Hymn, or your Shadowfiend. If you use either cooldown Gnome is better.

Gnome > BE > Human > Goblin > Worgen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    How is weird monsters from another dimension biting Humans cooler lore than Gnomes... What's cooler than being the direct descendants of clockwork robots created as toys by the Titans?
    You left out the other juicy stuff: NE Druids, Goldrinn, pack mentality, curse, Gilneas, seclusion, paganism...good stuff right there. The Gnome lore sounds good too. Very Pinocchio...

But yeah, I'd go with Worgen. Not only will Disc put that 1% crit to good use but Dark Flight is very nice.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2010-12-03 at 07:16 PM.

I left out plenty on Gnomes too. In particular the little trinity the Alliance has going on. Remember Gnomes = clockwork constructs, Dwarves = Earthen, Humans = Vrykul. So there's a lot of layers to the core Alliance races. Then their quirky lore dealing with their own isolationism, the reunion with their 'cousins', the rise and fall of Gnomer, etc. Gnomes have one of the most interesting cultures in game. Worgen are pretty much right out of the cliche fantasy textbook. Cursed humans isolate themselves from the world then become a proud naturalist society with a dark secret. Hurray?

..and crit really isn't any better for Disc than it is for anyone else. Worgen is the new go-to race for Shadow, but for Disc/Holy? Gnome is just way too much better. Gnome and Blood Elf both are so far ahead of the other races for healing that it's not really fair to people who dislike Gnomes and Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit is better because of DA. The extra mana is a stronger bonus though, true. I've come to love Nitro Boosts in pve raiding. Having another speed boost in Dark Flight is just too good to pass up. Agree to disagree on Gnomes having interesting lore/culture (/coma)

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    Crit is better because of DA. The extra mana is a stronger bonus though, true.
    I hear people say this, but I have yet to hear a reason.

A 5% bigger mana pool is nice, but it doesnt affect the amount of healing you can do. 1% crit gives you added throughput as Disc. You get a bigger heal, and a DA proc, doing double duty to keep your target up. In pvp, I see 1% crit as stronger than a bigger mana pool any day of the week. For pve its more debatable, imo.

5% mana = 3 more Heals = 30-40k healing.

To get the same amount of healing out of 1% crit you would need to be doing something stupid like 3.15m healing.

However, you're also leaving out the +.125% mana per Rapture proc. This means another cast of Heal every ~3 minutes for another 10k+, which tacks on another 1m healing needed for 1% crit every 3 minutes.

This of course assumes you also don't have a source of Replenishment, which would mean another cast of Heal every 5 Minutes or so. That means if a fight lasted oh, say 6 minutes you would need to do 6.3m healing for 1% crit to be close... then we have to get into using Hymn, or Shadowfiend...

For PVE it isn't 'more debatable', it's actually even more clear. Gnome > Worgen as a healer. There's no contest.

Deleted
    I directly race-changed to gnome when it was available, juste because they are cute, because I PvE, because I'm Disc Priest, and if anybody tried the beta as a healer, they'll agree that 5% MANA is awesome.

If you want to help you're guild, see if someone else is going to roll gnome/worgen or race change.. since you're unsure, see which one won't be used, or is less likely to help your guild get an achievment =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InnrHvn View Post
    Come Dec. 7th i will have before me one of the greatest dilemmas of my life (not really). I am going to change my human DISC priest to either a worgen or a gnome. I'm asking for advice, all i have in mind are racials focusing on a PvE environment. Worgen racial is +1%crit and gnome racial is +5%mana pool... Thx in advance...!
    Gnome for racial, worgen for kick ass looks imo.

You'd maybe be better going gnome, even if they're fugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
    Worgen WONT be available for race change at cata release and prolly wont be until a few months into cata, so its gnome or NOTHING....
    Yes it will Lol Blizzard already announced it multiple times.

No poll? You don't deserve my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Every class is evenly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelaeno View Post
    Worgen cast animation's terrible to be honest. .
    what are you talking about? female worgen do a casting animation i like to call IMMA CHARGIN MA LAZERGUNZ!!!! and also that little stomp they do after a cast is pretty neat too.