Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Joha View Post
    ^^ This.
    imagine aquatic form with armour... /facepalm

No need to imagine, I just made it a reality.

more photoshops of druid forms with gear on here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...th-Gear..-EPIC

Thank me later. :P

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

Finally you get to show gear while healing (Although it comes at the loss of perma-tree), and now we move on to the next stupid demand. Christ.

I think the best way to do it would be to have the Moonkin/Bear/Cat form's trinkets (you know, moonkin has that chest braids thing, cats have earings or whatever) appear and disappear (or start glowing) depending on your average iLevel. So lowbie moonkin will look like normal moonkin, and level 85s with full t10 would be covered in glowing bling.

Or maybe, if you don't like being an animal, don't roll a druid int he first place.

I think just adding shoulders and perhaps boots or a staff -> claw weapon sort of thing would be neat. Shoulders would stay essentially the same, they would only need to add models for the claws and a texture per raid patch.

Also, weren't they supposed to update travel and aquatic forms for cata? or was it flight and aquatic? hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    No offense, but it makes Druids seem really greedy.
    As opposed to "pure DPS" classes?

1. DPS: Yay we're OP!
    2. Blizz: Well, new patch coming up, we might have to nerf you a bit.
    3. DPS: Noooooooooeees! I'm gonna quit then!
    4. Blizz: Eh, maybe next patch then?
    5: DPS: Haha still OP!
    6. Blizz: Ok, next patch, here's a nerf, not as hard as intended, so you're still kinda OP
    7. DPS: [whines for the whole lifetime of the patch]
    8. Blizz: [sigh] Ok, here's some change to make you better again
    9. Go back to 1.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about this the other day actually, playing a druid it would be nice to differentiate between those with good and bad gear in forms.

I think the easiest way to do it - is give the cat some kind of 'feature' which scaled with your average iLevel. This could be something as simple as leg braces or an overlay of some strap restraints or something like that.

This would be quite easy to do and would not involve a lot of changing each individual armour piece over to a different skin, but just create 'generic' ones that looked good and scaled with ilvl.

Thoughts?
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

When I turn into a bird, I don't personally want to lug a polearm around. Armor in all forms, sounds tricky. But honestly though, Blizz has given us a lot with the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    No offense, but it makes Druids seem really greedy.

Blizz: Here you go Druids, we thaught Kitty form and Bear form looked out of date, heres some new ones!
    Druids: Wtf, no updated Tree form?
    Blizz: Fine, we stayed up all night, heres a new Tree form.
    Druids: Wtf, it looks like crap... i miss the old Tree form, also where is our Boomkin form?
    Blizz: We will look into it i guess...
    Druids: Also, we want armor on our unique forms!
    Blizz: Ugh.
    The only problem is that I'd be able to model a new form in a couple of DAYS, as a student. It's not that much work. Blizzard is just concerned more about other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only wish..

Let me choose to see my engineering goggles appear on my boomkin.

That is all.

so ? we are paying them ....

lol in all honesty no.... reason I rolled a druid was because of WotLK horrible looking armors.... I love tanking as a bear tank... With out lookin at that crappy excuse for tier sets... smh

I don't care enough to find the particular blue post but when blizzard said something about adding armor to animal forms they did specifically mention a base look that would evolve with ilvl as an example. I believe the reason had something to do with differentiating between low and high lvl druids.

I would not mind something like, when wearing say 4/5 of a tier or PVP set, the models were altered in some way (not neccesarily the gear from the tier appearing, but some sort of visual flavor to go with it at least).