Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    does it with all addon's turned off aswell, i'm thinking its a cache problem because i've heard if you install WoW on a drive that doesnt have the OS on it, it fixes the problem...but i have no backup to that fix and i really don't want to go and buy a new hard drive or SSD drive

---------- Post added 2010-12-27 at 03:20 AM ----------

also i turned all settings to extremely low, had 130fps and i still stuttered

I have searched this to death on the wow forums, and no one else seems to have the problem or they aren't reporting it.

It seems to be linked to the combat log, even with the filters deleted. I was watching it in a bg, and the game would freeze for 1 second any time I was awarded honor points... This is truly fail on their part. I run a quad core @ 3ghz, 4gb of ddr2, and a 9800gtx+. 1920x1080.

I made a thread on the blizzard forums and they said to lower my resolution. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by lolcantdothat View Post
    I have searched this to death on the wow forums, and no one else seems to have the problem or they aren't reporting it.

It seems to be linked to the combat log, even with the filters deleted. I was watching it in a bg, and the game would freeze for 1 second any time I was awarded honor points... This is truly fail on their part. I run a quad core @ 3ghz, 4gb of ddr2, and a 9800gtx+. 1920x1080.

I made a thread on the blizzard forums and they said to lower my resolution. Haha.
    Did lowering your resolution actually fix it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerabret View Post
    Did lowering your resolution actually fix it though?
    No, it did nothing. My gpu is barely stressed in this game at native resolution. It comes from the combat log, the 1 second/2fps drop stutters. You feel it more than see it if that makes sense. I get a steady 60 with vsync, so what that blizzard tech told me was appalling.