Mage Armor doesn`t work anymore?

This is not QQ post, just asking if someone have same problems like me in Pve and even in PVP?
    If other mage silence me i can`t cast for 8 seconds WITH mage armor on me and it is same if i have other armor on me it is again 8 seconds silence on that school i used. It`s ok if i was using Molten armor or frost armor, but Why 8 sec on Mage Armor? And why druid can silence a mage who have Mage Armor on him for full 10 seconds, what mage can do, jumping like a monkey and watch us how mage will be dead in next probably less than 10 seconds.
    And in PvE i don`t think so that mage armor works at all, glyph work nice and it`s 20% mana regen while casting but try to remove glyph and you will go OOM fast same like you don`t using any armor.
    Bug or not?
    I pulled again Mage Armor spell to action bar from spell book but it didn`t work at least on my Blood Elf mage.
    Casting frostbolts since June 2005

Deleted
    I've never known mage armor to do anything but restore mana or give resistances to spell schools it dose not effect silences and such never has imo you need more rezi i thought to make silences and stuff shorter or talents in some classes

Hmmm.... Not sure if serious.

I'll bite though.
    If you look at the tool tip it says "Duration of all harmful Magic effects reduced by 50%."
    What counter spell does (if talented) is silence you for 4 seconds. This is a magic effect and will be cut in half.
    If you were casting a spell and you get counter spelled then the school of that spell is locked out for 8 seconds. This is NOT a magic effect and thus runs it's full duration.

As for druids. The moonglow thing (sorry don't know the name and cba to look it up ) is a PERMANENT effect as long as you are standing inside the beam. So even though it IS a magic effect, it is in fact permanent as long as you do not move out of the lightray (this is often combined with entangling roots so you can't move from it).

The mana regen should be working as it states. Haven't had problems with it myself, but I haven't really tried it in PvE.

Deleted
    Mage armor also reduces all hostile spell effect timers on you by 50%, so if a living bomb lasts 12sec it will last 6sec with mage armor on,

Deleted
    yeah i must have missed the bit about 50% in the tool tip lol my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Althire View Post
    I've never known mage armor to do anything but restore mana or give resistances to spell schools it dose not effect silences and such never has imo you need more rezi i thought to make silences and stuff shorter or talents in some classes
    Than why you post here? Did you play arena? Guess not.
    Before 4.03a patch and in last 2 years !!! When somone sheep a mage or silence and you have MAGE ARMOR on you you will stay in sheep for 4 seconds or will be silenced for 4 seconds not 8. That doesn`t work anymore and tooltip is SAME like in last 2 years. I hope so it`s more clear now.
    And if YOU move from moonkin moonglow thingy you are still silenced because you Global cooldown on your ALL spells is 10 second 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 and than you can cast, meantime you will be DEAD since your IB is on GCD also.

edit:

Mage Armor
    Increases your resistance to all magic by 40 and allows 30% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting. In addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 50%. Lasts 30 min. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.

This WAS before patch and now we have this: After 4.03a

Mage Armor
    Increases your resistance to all magic by 40 and causes you to regenerate 3% of your maximum mana every 5 sec. In addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 50%. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.

Guess what. No such thing in Patch notes at all. So blizz changing a game without notice us. This is kinda strange. I hope so this is last one.
    Last edited by Paopao; 2010-12-02 at 02:33 PM.
    Casting frostbolts since June 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Paopao View Post
    Before 4.03a patch and in last 2 years !!! When somone sheep a mage or silence and you have MAGE ARMOR on you you will stay in sheep for 4 seconds or will be silenced for 4 seconds not 8. That doesn`t work anymore and tooltip is SAME like in last 2 years. I hope so it`s more clear now.
    And if YOU move from moonkin moonglow thingy you are still silenced because you Global cooldown on your ALL spells is 10 second 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 and than you can cast, meantime you will be DEAD since your IB is on GCD also.

edit:

Mage Armor
    Increases your resistance to all magic by 40 and allows 30% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting. In addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 50%. Lasts 30 min. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.

Mage Armor
    Increases your resistance to all magic by 40 and causes you to regenerate 3% of your maximum mana every 5 sec. In addition, the duration of all harmful Magic effects used against you is reduced by 50%. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Mage at any time. Lasts 30 min.

Guess what. No such thing in Patch notes at all. So blizz changing a game without notice us. This is kinda strange. I hope so this is last one.
    Sorry i played mage for 5 years i cannot remember this(since you mention the while with CAPS TO MAKE EFFECT):/ I might be wrong tho, never knew silence was reduced by 50%, i can't say i've felt it anyway.

In pve this works perfectly. i can't manage ooming if 4x AB AM, so you gotta have 0 critt and spam AB to oom Or not specced the mana regain on critts.

Frankly i didn't take this post seriously, but GL anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Althire View Post
    yeah i must have missed the bit about 50% in the tool tip lol my bad
    You probably also missed that class in school where they tell you to use punctuation. Maybe go back there and pay attention this time.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by Paopao View Post

edit:

Mage Armor

Mage Armor

Spell lockdown was never a debuff.Silences and other Magic debuffs get affected normally.The reason you cant cast for 8 seconds is because the counterspell locked down your school because it was used while you were casting.You know,what interrupts are supposed to do.The silence effect from Improved Counterspell gets affected normally and only lasts 2 seconds.Solar beam is also an interrupt when it applies.If you were casting anything at the moment you get a 10 second Lockdown on that school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely, the half spell lockout duration was unintended and it got fixed, because the tooltip doesnt mention resistance to interrupts either, it never did.
    They dont always add bugfixes on patchnotes.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that sucks.

But a good mage shouldn't be getting locked out anywayz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jancro View Post
    Well that sucks.

But a good mage shouldn't be getting locked out anywayz.

every mage can/will get locked out at some point, unless all they do is spam icelances/arcbarrage/fireblasts

and i keep reading some mages saying mage armor isn't worht it anymore but i'm assuming they mean Beta and not Live...
    Last edited by candyass; 2010-12-03 at 03:46 PM.