Deleted

Gear + Stats Spreadsheet

Right, this started as a small excel sheet to calculate the hit cap...and seems to have exploded from there!

I've thrown together a spreadsheet to give you an idea on stats / gear and things while taking into account gems, enchants and a very rough stab at reforging!

I'm not great with Excel, but again this is just a rough draft that's got WAY out of hand!!

Here's the link to Google Docs

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7Q...uthkey=CN-hnUo

First thing to know:

Not all of the gear is in there, all the tabs are open and it's not locked in any way. If you want to add more gear or items I've missed just drop them into the 'Items' sheet (you should be able to insert rows without any problems) and update the named range for each item type (so it appear in the drop down box)

ANYTHING BLUE ON THE SHEET IS A DROP DOWN BOX OF SOME KIND!

Choose your gear, enchants, gems - You can pick the wrong enchants and pick meta gems for every socket but why you'd do this I have no idea! If you use it like you should you'll be OK, if you go out of your way to do things wrong you'll break it.

REFORGING

This was more of a job than I thought, I think I've got it....time and people will tell I'm sure but I've based this on my very limited playing with it and some information I've dug up online. It's very much a Work In Progress.

The sheet calculates 40% of any of the reforable stats and there's a drop down box for you to choose one.

The table next to this shows the stats it's possible to reforge to based on what's on the item.

If you change an item in the top the table should change to reflect what can be reforged.

Next to that is the 'Reforge Into' section, that uses the same rules as the table, you should only be able to select from the drop down the stats you can reforge.

The grand total will recalculate to remove the 40% value from one stat and add it into whatever other stat you choose.

As I said this started to calculate the hitcap, so that's pretty much the only value at 85 that I have, however given that I've added a grand total it shouldn't be hard to add the crit % and haste % values at some later point (or if someone else wants to that's fine)

Again there's only limited gear in the sheet, mainly from Malic's BIS and Rep rewards thread from a couple of days ago, but I hope it helps you make some choices

I've listed below some of the things I already know CAN cause problems but if you use it normally you shouldn't have any problems.

Known problems are:

You can select any enchant for any slot, they are labeled for each but you'll have to be careful what you pick, the same goes for gems.

The socket bonus is applied even if the sockets are empty but it will break if you put the wrong gem in. If you fill every socket (regardless of colour) you'll get the right figures, if you leave a socket blank that stats will be wrong by the socket bonus.

If you choose a stat to reforge and don't select what you want to change it into you'll lose that value from the grand total, so always remember to choose something if you reforge.

It's not a DPS calculator, so items with a proc aren't really covered (that includes weapon enchants)
    Last edited by mmocd3e258d247; 2010-12-02 at 02:46 PM.

This looks really good. The one thing i might suggest is adding in more gear, a few slots only have one choice.

Deleted
    Yer, gear is a bit of a problem because I was doing this at work and the only way I can really enter things is by copying the stats out from wowhead.

I'll update it as and when I get a few minutes