Bear - possible bug?

I have a human hunter which started with a wolf/worg which worked just fine but I prefer leveling with a bear. So I tamed one early on but the bear does does some strange things. I will have the bear attack the mob. Once the mob is dead it will automatically go after another mob in the area even if it is a very long way away. The bear doesn't do this all the time but it does it most of the time. This can be very frustrating. I finally stabled the bear and picked up a tiger. The tiger does not have this problem. Has anybody else seen this behavior with the bear??????????

mite sound silly but did u make sure it was on defensive and not aggressive??

Have the bear set to aggressive instead of defensive?

On your pet bar the little shield should be highlighted instead of the claw.
    Last edited by muCephei; 2010-12-02 at 06:25 PM.

I have this problem sometimes with all of my pets, not just bears. And I have /petdefensive (among other things) macroed into most of my shots. I think my flare macro is my only one with a /petaggressive command. So I'm fairly certain it's just a bug--hardly surprising. Someone was compiling a list of hunter bugs a while back... can't remember if that was MMOchamp or not. Aren't we like in the 20's by now?

My pets sometimes go for critters too. Guess they've been getting hungrier and hungrier since WotLK. "I'm happy but I'm sooo hungrrry :'(

Did the target it go after happen to skin a bear?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JShepherd87 View Post
    My pets sometimes go for critters too. Guess they've been getting hungrier and hungrier since WotLK. "I'm happy but I'm sooo hungrrry :'(
    Interesting idea, cant remember the last time i fed my pet.

I've noticed that pets which have some kind of AoE that doesn't deal damage (like demo shout), will then chase after any affected critters. I first noticed that when using my plainstrider. Pets without those skills don't do it. However, actual pet stances are extremely buggy at the moment. Pets set to defensive stance will regularly run back to you after a mob is dead, dragging the rest of the mobs with it. You also cannot move a pet using MoveTo with defensive stance active. You have to first switch to passive and then use MoveTo (usually twice) before it'll move.

On my old hunter my bear would do the same thing. I remember once in Redridge,(that area north of LAkeshire, where the gnolls are) my bear ran off, going thru the whole lil canyon area and back to me, kiting 5 gnolls.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bears aren't bugs, they're mammals, silly...

Deleted
    Prolly some aoe debuff on a critter than runs away, then your pet will follow since its in "combat" .....

Or maybe your bear just dont like you :<<

Quote Originally Posted by Thesamoth View Post
    Prolly some aoe debuff on a critter than runs away, then your pet will follow since its in "combat" .....
    This is what I said above, and in the bear's case, it's Demoralising Roar.

I think your about right. I also noticed that he would cut off the attack early sometimes. Another thing I forgot to mention is sometimes it's critters and not mobs he goes after.....