Deleted

Blizzard Product Slate "Leak" What do you think...

You guys think it is real?
    If it is... we will get a new expansion after cataclysm in about 18 months after Cata...... thats fast!

What do you guys think, can we trust this?
    Can blizz actually make a proper expansion of WoW in around 18 months? I mean, Cata took more then 2 years...
    I think it should be more and harder each expansion... so they got to work kinda hard then right?

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 09:10 PM ----------

Ooh yeah BTW, im sorry i killed a kitten now...
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Veltrex View Post
    You guys think it is real?
    If it is... we will get a new expansion after cataclysm in about 18 months after Cata...... thats fast!

What do you guys think, can we trust this?
    Can blizz actually make a proper expansion of WoW in around 18 months? I mean, Cata took more then 2 years...
    I think it should be more and harder each expansion... so they got to work kinda hard then right?
    Cata meaned changing everything thats why it took soo long.

Expansions are usually just new content but cata was basically creating a new game with a few new stuff.

If I remember correctly, a while ago Blizzard stated they'd love to get new expansions out every year, year and a half after the next one. However, as we can tell from the past 3 expansions, it takes a little bit more time than that.

What you saw was just a 'plan' so to speak. Obviously, things change. That isn't set in stone by any means. I'm sure they'd love to get a new expansion released 18 months from now, but I personally doubt that'll happen.

I thought I remember hearing an interview where they stated that the tools they developed while making cataclysm will make producing new content quicker.

More expansions = more $ for Blizz

Personally I won't mind seeing the rate of expansions slow down, but more new content = fuller realms which I do like to see, so... idc

Deleted
    I think it's real but will keep an eye on it to compare to the future, if everything goes to plan for the next 6-12 months then it is proved to be real.

At the very least, it shows you how many "irons in the fire" they have. There's Expansion 4 and Expansion 5 in planning. If past experience is any indicator, they already have story ideas and art/game assets in development for Expansion 4 and will be working on that alongside Cata's content patches.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of a new expansion every 18 months. It will keep things fresh and keep you interested in playing. We've been doing ICC for a year now with nothing new and I hope that never happens again.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It could be real but keep in mind when the original date for starcraft 2 was, and the original date for Diablo 3 was...... I wouldnt get to excited

No, it's not real.

'Leaks' like this are typically widely believed to be real, but rarely are. Look at that famous list of the WoW 'sets' that was posted years ago and was revealed to be a fraud. Everybody believed that was real, and it was VERY detailed, yet it was no more than a creative forgery.

This release window spreadsheet contains very little information. It shows a bunch of products that we are already aware of along with release windows that anybody could easily speculate on their own, as well as a few new 'products' that are little more than vague references to thinks that may or may not exist.

If there were a mole at Blizzard who was looking to leak content (which on its own is unlikely, but for the sake of argument we'll put that aside for the moment), they would leak something good.

I don't know but i have a feeling it't not real and when i get those feelings it happens!

i do belive its legit.
    however i dont think we can expect all of those schedules to be precise. lets say the next XP runs 3 months behind schedule due to unknown circumstances. then they will plan the next one for release 18months after they actually released it. and who knows. that might be delayed aswell.

so i do belive all those plans are legit. but im not looking at the time schedules seriously.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is totally OT, but i wanted to share my pain with you guys, i don't know what happened but i just found my kitten dead in the kitchen.

I'm gonna bury it naow, bye. :'(

*cry*