Deleted
    "The day the earth stood still"

5/10

Really dull movie, not a to speciel story, some bad acting (Some really good acting too! But still a few actor's couldnt really play their role that good)
    use's the first 1 hour really good to get the viewer's all exicited and then suddenly it's like the movie is on a fast forward to just "Finish" the movie.

If you're really love "Alien invasion" movie's it's still pretty decent. But not anything i would put my money into.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    My interpretation of it was that earlier on, he was under Loki's influence, which affected him negatively and made it harder for him to control himself. But it would've been nice if they'd actually explained it.
    I thought it was rather obvious, personally.
    The first time he Hulks because Loki has manipulated them all to fight each other. He discovers they built that impenetrable cage for [I]him[/I] and he starts to [I]lose[/I] control. That's why he goes apeshit.

However the second time he doesn't actually [I]lose [/I]control, he just embraces his anger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Madagascar 3 - When that movie ended I was literally wondering what the heck I jus watched. By far the weirdest movie I have seen this year and ranks amoung the top of abnormally weird movies i have ever seen. Ever heard the term jump the shark this movie is a perfect example of it. I can't even tell if I liked it or hated it yet so it will be hard to give it a rating at all but I would give it a good 5.1/10 for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    if I were to just lazily copy paste a review of Prometheus I wrote elsewhere

Prometheus

At the end as the credits rolled and the 2000 people that worked on visual effects went by, I wondered what might have been if even a tiny fraction of that manpower went to script revision. What a lousy script, what a bland and pointless "story". I hesitate to even call this a movie as it lacked much of what I would expect a movie to have. It was disjointed and pointless, there were no likeable characters, or even characters, just the most shallow and without depth band of "experts" ever assembled. None of the people appear capable of even mediocre performance in their field despite being chosen to participate in a trillion dollar mission cooked up by a crazy old man because some weirdos told him it was a good idea. Ick. As far as a score, I give it a zero out of one, the old thumbs down or pass vs. fail failure.

if I had to give it a score out of 10, per the thread conventions, I guess... 3 or 4/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Prometheus: 3/4
    Prometheus is not a great film, but neither is it a bad film. It is, of course, a pleasure to have Ridley Scott back in the Science Fiction genre, but with Prometheus, he makes a minor disappointment. The script relies too much on genre-specific clichees and moments of shock horror, and the characters are one-dimensional to the point where we dont care that much for them. Frankly, the character we care the most about, is the robot, named David, played by Michael Fassbender, who also gives the best performance in the film. Aliens, monsters and creatures generally look uninspired. Beside all the negative stuff, Prometheus is effective as a horror-picture, and will most likely satisfy fans. Well-written scipt and brilliant direction. One of the things I liked about it, was that it raises so many questions, and cannot answer a single one of them. Prometheus is generally a gory mystic sci-fi horror, worth a watch.

The Avengers: 3.5/4
    Marvels The Avengers explores its plot throughly, while it also devotes time for its characters. The visuals are stunning, and the performances noteworthy, especially Mark Ruffalos depiction of Bruce Banner, and outrageously funny performance of the Hulk.
    One of the flaws is the disappointing villain, Loki, who doesnt have enough character to stand out in any way during the movie. Also the climax is quite lame compared to the setup introduced, and the previous action scenes.
    While it is entertaining, it is by far overrated. I have heard my friends and the internet go nuts about it and calling it the best picture ever made. This is outrageous, and I cannot tolerate it. Though it is good, it is no masterpiece. One might call it the best superhero movie made, but it does not expanse beyond that mark.

Flags of Our Fathers: 3.5/4
    Letters From Iwo Jima: 4/4
    Trust: 3.5/4
    Magnolia: 4/4
    The Muppets: 3/4
    Little Miss Sunshine: 3.5/4
    The Lost Thing (Short Film): 4/4
    The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore (Short Film): 4/4
    Day & Night (Short Film): 4/4
    Hairspray: 3.5/4
    Borat: 3/4

Those were some of the latest movies I have seen recently. Yeah, many good movies. The two reviews are my own from Rotten Tomatoes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post

Flags of Our Fathers: 3.5/4
    Letters From Iwo Jima: 4/4
    Trust: 3.5/4
    Magnolia: 4/4
    The Muppets: 3/4
    Little Miss Sunshine: 3.5/4
    The Lost Thing (Short Film): 4/4
    The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore (Short Film): 4/4
    Day & Night (Short Film): 4/4
    Hairspray: 3.5/4
    Borat: 3/4
    This might be offtopic but what country are you from? Here we only use 10/10 or 5/5. Never seen any magazines etc use 4/4 !?

10+ Year Old Account
    many American reviewers use a 4 star system

Prometheus

9/10
    4/4
    4/5

I gave all 3 since people use different rating systems.

Prometheus was spot on, the epitome of sci-fi. One of the most thought-provoking movies of the entire genre. Both disturbing and beautiful.

Madagascar 3

7/10

Talk about a surprise. Yes, it was a bit frantic. And yes, the story is predictable. But dammit, some of the comedic timing is spot on and I genuinely laughed at the romance between the stupid bear and King Julian. Very bright colors and beautiful scenery/animation as well.
    Last edited by Riidii; 2012-06-09 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Madagascar 3 - When that movie ended I was literally wondering what the heck I jus watched. By far the weirdest movie I have seen this year and ranks amoung the top of abnormally weird movies i have ever seen. Ever heard the term jump the shark this movie is a perfect example of it. I can't even tell if I liked it or hated it yet so it will be hard to give it a rating at all but I would give it a good 5.1/10 for now.
    Watch A Clockwork Orange.

Prometheus - If you went into this movie expecting Paranormal Activity in Space like how it was shown in most the trailers than you will be disappointed because there is nothing frightening about this movie, a couple of jumps here and there, but mostly if you just wanted to get some scares than the movie will leave you bored. However if you went in and took in the plot, observed everything that happened, and payed attention then it will be a great, and interesting time. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and I can see why it gets hate, mainly because it is not a horror film so to speak as advertised, there are not many scares to be had, and they are only small ones. In fact I wish it hadn't tried to fit some of the horror-esque in there, or at least some of the scenes like the one with the tentacle sticking out of the ground and the scientist touching it? He is supposed to be a scientist smarter than me and he touches it. There are a couple other similar scenes like it that will leave you going, 'meh, that is kind of stupid', but they will be quickly forgotten when the actual plot kicks back in. Now it isn't a masterpiece plot, nor is it bad, but it's interesting, and visuals are quite stunning (And graphic). Definitely worth a watch, just don't go expecting a horror movie, it's not a horror movie. 7.4/10 for Prometheus.

By the way Michael Fassbender killed at the role David, best part about the movie by far.

EDIT: Decided to boost its rating a bit, it's grown on me more and I actually kind of want to see it again, can't say the same for a lot of movies. It also did what few movies this year actually have done, captivated me, meaning it had my full attention the entire movie. For example when I watched Snow White and the Huntsman it had half my attention the other half of my attention was already judging and rating the movie. If I can judge a movie before it actually ends, then it isn't that great.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-06-10 at 06:28 PM.

Human Centipede II

4/10

Bad movie, I kinda liked the first one trough

Today watched "Da Vinci Code" for the first time. 7/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Prometheus
    8/10

Deleted
    Supervixens - 2/10

Deleted
    If you liked Prometheus, i ofc recommend the Alien movies

Drive
    With acting, writing and directing reaching the best I've seen in quite some time, Drive is easy the best movie of 2011! It's all very subtle, yet so clear. Ryan Gosling makes the perfect couple with the stunning Carey Mulligan!
    5/5 (or 9/10)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance.

0/10

Worst. Movie. Ever.

The plot is more fitting for the worst type of B-movie you can think off. It's a shame the once-good actor N. Cage has dropped to such a minimum level of acting. Total waste of money and time.

After that I watched The Cabin in the Woods.

9/10

Sort of OK acting, but the plot (and the plot-twist) seriously beefed up this movie's rating. The last 30 minuits are spectacular. I'de like to see more on murderous unicorns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Prometheus 3D: 9/10
    It really didn't need the 3D.
    The movie was more than I hoped it was going to be. I left the theater wanting more. Acting, cast, effects, story...everything was pretty top notch. My opinions may also be slightly bias. I am a huge fan of the Alien movies. I love Giger's art influence and Ridley Scott for bringing this Alien mythos to life.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Prometheus in 3D: 8/10

The movie was very visually stunning and 3D I felt didn't provide much given the several opportunities to do so, however it did not take much away from the film either. I did take off some points because for the script and plot. I found too often that it plays quite predictably as if it has been pieced together from archetypes, imagery and tropes from countless other movies. Then there are the loose ends, from a annoyingly random, unresolved moments, to the fundamental question at the end. It was a decent film in that it delivered on most parts but it still left some holes which I felt to be result of starting too many threads and then running out of time to conclude them. I decided to avoid direct comparisons to Alien as it was a ground breaking film at its time and it would be unfair to compare the two.

I'd still suggest people see it.

Deleted
    The Matrix 8.5/10

Great story, good acting and good special effects. My only problem was it had a bit too much exposition (which is necessary for the trilogy as a whole but bogged down the individual movie) and I didn't quite care for the fight scene at the end,