Rush - 9/10

As an F1 fan, this was an absolute delight to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Goonies is at least a 11/10.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thor 2
    8/10

Was pretty darn good..Look forward to Pt 3..

Blackfish - Since im not going to write a full review on this one, with it being an older documentary, 9.5/10 because it may have been one of the only documentaries to make me cry.

Deleted
    LEGO Movie 10.5/10.

It made me feel like a kid again, Bravo!

Justice League: FlashPoint Paradox

10/10 another reason why the flash is so badass
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ender's game 8.5/10 - So glad I'm not much of a reader. Absolutely loved this movie and outside of a few silly plotholes, I didn't see any of the usual complaints from the people who'd read the book before hand. (Kind of how I refuse to read Dune now so I dont ruin one of my fav movies.

Banshee Chapter 7.5/10 - This one shocked me a lot. It was some under the radar horror movie for me that I honestly tried based on the cool name. I love horror films so what was there to lose. Little did I realize it was going to be about number stations and government experiments. I love stories like that. Very interesting scary flick. Little corny but thoroughly enjoyable.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Robocop (2014) 4/10

Really wanted to like it, but just couldn't. The film just felt like a soulless attempt to cash in on the Robocop franchise. The writing was poor, as was the acting, and there was a severe lack of action. The only redeeming qualities were the few good performances and when an action scene popped up, it was usually pretty good, but they were over way too quickly.

Fantastic Signature made by Maybenotquiteasheavy

Her. 8/10. A couple bizarre scenes that added comic relief to a melancholic, introverted look into the human psyche (in a good way).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    Her. 8/10. A couple bizarre scenes that added comic relief to a melancholic, introverted look into the human psyche (in a good way).

[video=youtube;r7MgbMI5zhw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7MgbMI5zhw[video]
    Disclaimer: Don't watch the above linked video if you plan on seeing the movie but haven't yet. These scenes are much more adoring and memorable in the context in which they're presented in the film.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

You're Next- 6/10
    It got rave reviews but I wasn't a fan of the comedy/horror thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Man From Earth 10/10

Great story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the Jungle: 1/10

Probably the worst movie I've seen in years. 1 point for Megan Boone.

Lego movie, 10/10

Everything is awesome!

The LEGO Movie

"It never sacrifices entertainment to get across the art, but at the same time it doesn't ever sacrifice the art in order to be entertaining, in fact it takes the entertainment and sculpts the blocks into artwork. It's definitely one of the most original comedy scripts I have seen in a very long time."

http://thepandaflicksreviews.blogspo...ie-review.html

Hercules, easily the worst movie I have seen in a theater. The tickets were free and I still feel ripped off. Horrible plot, writing, action scenes, fighting and unnecessary 3D effects. When an action movies action and special effect are garbage you are in trouble.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Gravity 8/10

Glad I didn't see it in IMAX, not because it wasn't amazing, but because there's like half a dozen moments in it that are death scenarios right out of my worst nightmares and I likely would have had an anxiety attack.
    you mean being stuck in a space capsule with only Sandra Bullock for company, Yep can really see that being a part of your worst nightmares.

After the Dark : The Philosophers imdb 5 / 10
    Wired ass film is wired.
    Group of 20 or so students play a mind game where the world is going to end and they have to choose 10 people based on professions and characteristics picked at random to spend a year in a bunker to survive.

Cant really say more than that, the acting was decent enough. The plot line simple. but it was just a little drab, not knowing what it wanted to do with itself other than being a weird ass movie.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2014-02-12 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Babel
    Insanely well acted.
    Fantastic photography.
    Beautifully directed.
    And a fascinating storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nebraska: 8.5/10

Not everyone's cuppa tea. If you like wonderful, heart warming on the one spectrum and cynical on the other, character-driven movies that depict the real nature of humanity, watch it asap. But again, if you only like blockbusters or superhero movies, you may even hate it. To me, some characters that were fleshed-out here are the real superheroes.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-02-12 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Nebraska: 8.5/10

Not everyone's cuppa tea. If you like wonderful, heart warming on the one spectrum and cynical on the other, character-driven movies that depict the real nature of humanity, watch it asap. But again, if you only like blockbusters or superhero movies, you may even hate it. To me, some characters that were fleshed-out here are the real superheroes.
    This is awfully pretentious.