The Mockingjay 7.5/10

I liked the first two books in the series, but I absolutely hated the third book because there was pretty much no effort or compassion put into it so I hesitated to see this. The movie (so far) is better than the third book in the series. A bit slow at times, but the movie actually gives some characters more depth then the book, where Katniss spent 90% of her time in the hospital and being a whiny selfish bitch. Those scenes are much shorter here.

Into the Storm 7/10

Pretty much what you should expect out of seeing the previews. Nothing new here, but someone obviously watched the Storm Chasers TV show and was inspired to make a movie off of it. Obviously had some pretty unrealistic scenes, but it did feel pretty raw at times...if you could overlook the cheesy CGI and acting...and a ton of unrealistic effects. Good movie to put on in the background while you are doing something else.

Lone Survivor 9/10
    Very good flick. Some changes from the book, but overall, this was a pretty intense movie that makes you realize how much it sucks to be a Seal and what these guys go through.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2015-01-05 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Birdman: 8.5 / 10. Fabulous camera work, acting and dialogue. The very last... minute or so of the movie annoyed me and felt unnecessary, but didn't really ruin anything for me.
    You mean when he jumps out the window under the illusion he is Birdman, than his daughter whom he has finally connected with sees the open window, rushes over, and looks out, and smiles, finally understanding him? I thought it was a perfect ending personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    The Interview 7/10

I like goofy shit, I also like goofy Franco/Rogen shit. So whatever. Fun times. I would also do things to Lizzy Caplan that would get me banned in 170 countries, good lord.
    I usually don't like movies like that too much honestly, but I'd agree with a 7/10 for the movie.

I didn't expect much honestly going in, was a bit of a surprise in the end.

The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies

I'm actually really disappointed. 6/10
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Locke 6/10
    Locke easily wins the award for dumbest character of the year. Yeah get fired from your job, lose your family all so you can say "fuck you" to your dead dad. totally worth it. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face....

The Grand Budapest Hotel 7/10
    The acting and the direction style were great. The story was meh. Not bad, not great, kinda funny. I enjoyed Moonrise Kingdom alot more.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You mean when he jumps out the window under the illusion he is Birdman, than his daughter whom he has finally connected with sees the open window, rushes over, and looks out, and smiles, finally understanding him? I thought it was a perfect ending personally.
    He had clearly let go of Birdman at the end, so I don't buy that interpretation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    Predestination: 6.5/10

Sarah Snook stole the show, but by the end of it, I just didn't care. I think the Spierig brothers are becoming better directors though. I really think the deserve more chances.
    Just finished watching it and sadly I have to give it 5/10.

I was expecting a time traveling story that will keep me on the edge of my seat until the end but that was not the case. First 25-30 min was ok but after that I just kept watching to see if I guessed everything right or have I missed something aaaand no I didn't.

Have to agree with you on one thing, Sarah Snook was great and she is the main thing that makes this film worth seeing.

Guardians of the Galaxy 7/10

I really laughed a lot, had a lot of fun watching it.
    Last edited by Lightning-; 2015-01-07 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Most Nazi soldiers were idiots who randomly ran into fire by 1945 since they had no formal training.
    It was a SS squad at the end of the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love is Strange - 7/10

Beautiful film with great performances from John Lithgow, Alfred Molina, and Marisa Tomei. The ending was a bit too sappy but it didn't spoil the rest of the film for me.

Hercules (Dwayne Johnson version) 6/10

Was a decent movie to kill some time with. Not one I would buy but worth a one watch.

Nightcrawler 9/10

Jake Gyllenhaal pulled off a really good performance.
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2015-01-06 at 05:32 PM.

Field Marshal RagequitTheShaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hobbit (3rd one) 8/10

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gone Girl: 8/10

Protip - Don't get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Guardians of the Galaxy

3/10. Didn't see what everyone was raving about. Seemed like it belonged on syfy channel. Shallow humor, bad character/costume design with an even worse "good" soundtrack.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2015-01-07 at 05:45 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Predestination 8.5/10

Very interesting time paradox movie. I definetly recommend it. It's too obvious on some parts but still very enjoyable.
    Last edited by Lightning-; 2015-01-07 at 10:33 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reservoir Dogs: 6/10

I'm a bit late to getting round to finally watching this, for a long time I didn't even know I hadn't seen it, just assumed I had and had forgotten it.

But no, was my first time watching it, and I really don't understand the hype behind it? It gets such glowing reviews and is so highly praised, but I peronally just don't see why.

I found it mildly entertaining and very predictable.

Not to mention that after the credits, I was just sitting here like "Wait, so who the fudge killed good guy Eddie"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Inside Man - 8.5/10

The girlfriend and I watched this movie the other night. What a twist, not your typical bank robbery movie. Great concept, and well written, definitely suggest looking out for this title.

My only problem with this movie was Jodie Foster... she just pisses me off sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyLee View Post
    Reservoir Dogs: 6/10

I'm a bit late to getting round to finally watching this, for a long time I didn't even know I hadn't seen it, just assumed I had and had forgotten it.

But no, was my first time watching it, and I really don't understand the hype behind it? It gets such glowing reviews and is so highly praised, but I peronally just don't see why.

I found it mildly entertaining and very predictable.

Not to mention that after the credits, I was just sitting here like "Wait, so who the fudge killed good guy Eddie"
    It was very fresh and new in the time it premiered. The Tarantino super coolness with aesthetic violence and smart comments have been copied in countless films since then, but back then it was pretty uniq. It was also a lowbudget indie movie - Pulp Fiction is Tarantino in more refined format. The fact that Pulp Fiction won the Palm D`Or shows how "hip" that style was back then.
    Reseervoir Dogs feels abit unpolished and the ending pretty typical Tarantino with a standoff and subsequent shootings. It also have some great scenes though.
    The Comode story for example where the settings change as Tim Roth`s undercover-cop slowly turns into Mr Orange.

The Guest. 6/10. The film is interesting in the beginning, but quickly becomes an ordinary thriller, with some silly scenes. I expected more from the people behind You're Next.

Deleted
    The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 5/10

Could have been the first time going to the cinema and I was bored and started watching my phone. The fight was way too damn long and it was not that impressive either.