Deleted
    I saw American Sniper yesterday. The opening didn't make much sense to me. Cooper is about to take the shot and suddenly we get a flashback. It would have been a cool way of telling the story that way (one main timeline with flashbacks, like slumdog millionaire does), but it felt weird to me here. The ending was also pretty damn weird. He's all happy and stuff. He's talking to this dude who he's going to help out, his wife is standing in the door. All happy and well. BOOM Chris Kyle died later that day when helping out a veteran. WTF? I also felt they could have done much more with the post-traumatic stress syndrome. You only see hints of it in the movie. Bradley Cooper did a good job though, his acting was what made this movie decent.

6/10

On a side note, after watching the movie I read some reviews and apparently the depiction of Chris Kyle in this movie wasn't particularly accurate. He was a pretty shady guy who enjoyed killing and would have wanted to kill more Iraqis. Pretty sad that he's still depicted as the American hero, but meh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Contact 1997 8.5/10. This movie could have been perfect if they'd just stuck to the source material with Ellie and Palmer's relationship and conversations. Also if Matthew McConaughey wasn't McConaugheying the whole movie up. Great movie anyway where people are basically listening to space for any type of artificial radio signals to indicate possible alien intelligence/civilization. Then they get one such signal. I'm not going to say what happens after that, or if the signal is legit, but this movie, even after 18 years, still manages to inspire my sense of awe at the universe and its wondrous possibilities.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going Clear Scientology and the Prison of Belief

7/10. I was hoping there would be more new information, but some of the interviews with old top ranking members were interesting. Well worth checking out to see how messed up this cult is.
    Hi

Captain America: Winter Soldier - 10/10

FINALLY saw this movie and god damn, such awesomeness cannot be described.

Deleted
    What we do in the Shadows. 8.5/10
    Good comedies is few and far in between these years - the last really fun comedy i have seen is probably Borat which actual can celebrate 10 years anniversary next year. Since then there have been a few decent attempts, but no unforgettable comedies imo. Creativity and good ideas is crucial in good comedies and that makes it apparantly one of the most difficult genre to succeed in.
    The Vampire satire from New Zealand What we do in the Shadows may not be full of good punchlines but the overall setting is so grotesque and silly that it is hard not to have a smile on through the movie. There is several priceless scenes like for example when the Vampires clash with Anonymous Werewolves on their friday night out.
    The mockumentary style is the same as Four Lions and Sacha Baron Cohen movies.

Im really lookin foreward to se the horror movie It Follows btw - but i cant find a vod anywhere? Even though it is a 2014 movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    What we do in the Shadows. 8.5/10
    Good comedies is few and far in between these years - the last really fun comedy i have seen is probably Borat which actual can celebrate 10 years anniversary next year. Since then there have been a few decent attempts, but no unforgettable comedies imo. Creativity and good ideas is crucial in good comedies and that makes it apparantly one of the most difficult genre to succeed in.
    The Vampire satire from New Zealand What we do in the Shadows may not be full of good punchlines but the overall setting is so grotesque and silly that it is hard not to have a smile on through the movie. There is several priceless scenes like for example when the Vampires clash with Anonymous Werewolves on their friday night out.
    The mockumentary style is the same as Four Lions and Sacha Baron Cohen movies.

Im really lookin foreward to se the horror movie It Follows btw - but i cant find a vod anywhere? Even though it is a 2014 movie.
    That release date is mainly for like film festivals and stuff. It's released in theathres around now in the US I think. Here in the Netherlands it's coming out in two weeks (in theatres).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    That release date is mainly for like film festivals and stuff. It's released in theathres around now in the US I think. Here in the Netherlands it's coming out in two weeks (in theatres).
    Ok, probably same in danish cinemas then. Was hoping for a fast vod on amazon perhaps, since it is a small independent movie.

Ok, probably same in danish cinemas then. Was hoping for a fast vod on amazon perhaps, since it is a small independent movie.
    In my experience Independent movies take longer to come out.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I believe there is/was a screening during CPH Pix? Of course, that's assuming you live in Copenhagen.

Deleted
    John Wick 8.5/10
    I thought the plot was a bit thin and there wasn't a lot of interaction between the characters, but Keanu Reeve's acting and the incredible action sequences made up for it. Not good if you don't like films with little plot, but great if you want an incredible action film.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Invention of Lying 2009 7/10. Man, the first half of this movie I was all like "9/10!" It was funny, it was original, clever, philosophical, plus it was an idea I'd already thought of awhile back. Damn, it started out so well, I thought they'd keep up the pace and the philosophical questioning of "letter of the law" stuff, but instead they went with a traditional romcom for the latter half. That portion I give a 5/10, so averaged it's a 7/10. There were so many times during the last half where something was mentioned and I was like, oh cool, they're gonna go there with it, but nope, it never gets mentioned again.

Disappointing, but still decent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I'm guessing you either a haven't seen any of the other fast and furious movies or b are just plain retarded and like the worst movies ever since I think Furious 7 was hands down the best one out, the ending especially made me shed a tear, R.I.P Paul walker.

Furious 7 - 9/10

Get Hard - 7.5/10 - I like racist jokes and will ferrell

Run All Night - 5/10, gave it extra points because i'm a big liam neeson fan, but the movie sucked.
    Your opinion on movies is literally worthless. Thanks for letting us know.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I'm guessing you either a haven't seen any of the other fast and furious movies or b are just plain retarded and like the worst movies ever since I think Furious 7 was hands down the best one out, the ending especially made me shed a tear, R.I.P Paul walker.

Furious 7 - 9/10
    Furious 7 was indeed the best of the Furious films, no doubt. That still only puts it at a 5 / 10 tops. Let's not pretend the other 6 movies in the over-milked franchise were some sort of cinema genius. They're niche guilty pleasures. It's a decent "watch in the background" or "turn your brain off" flick but to call someone retarded because they didn't care for a B-cast, rinse and repeat movie with a sappy tribute at the end is just ridiculous. Want to show Paul Walker respect? Go watch Running Scared. He acted in that one.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I believe there is/was a screening during CPH Pix? Of course, that's assuming you live in Copenhagen.
    Actual not a bad idea. Grand is showing it two times. Favorit cinema. Might be difficult to schedule for late wednesday though, which is only time they have tickets left :/

Deleted
    Don't bother. I heard this gotten some good reviews and such, saw it on Thursday and I have to say it was incredibly boring. Horrors are made to shit your pants, or have this strange feeling (like old horror), this had none of it. It's just .. meh. Offers little to no depth either.

Deleted
    Furious 4/10 - For me, definitely worst one of the franchise. Ever since The Rock came on the show there's more and more unbelievable, fantasy scenes (Jumping from building to building, using parachute to get on the road bellow, Statham and Diesel ramming each other... twice.. I could go on). The ending was the biggest and one of the few pluses, I guess they are sort of lucky he died (No disrespect to Paul, RIP), else this would be an even bigger trainwreck. Ending is 10/10.

300: Rise of an empire 6/10

As much as a i love greek history/mythology and the original 300, this movie didn't really hit it for me. I would have hoped that the movie had focused on the story of the queen of sparta taking her revenge after Leonidas died, but instead it followed some random fuck from Athens. The battle scenes were kinda boring compared to the first one, and the naval battles got boring after the 1st one (all the fight scenes in the movie are naval battles). I'm not sure if my memory is playing tricks on me, but the blood/special effects looked really bad compared to the first one.

Overall it was kind of a dissapointment compared to the first one. While 300 wasn't a masterpiece by any means, atleast it had a likable main character, memorable moments, and some awesome action scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Underworld.

Have been casually curious about it ever since I first saw it on a shelf after it came out, didn't get around to watching it until last night when I noticed it was on Netflix for the first time (as far as I'm aware anyways.)

Entertaining. A bit campy and predictable. 6/10.
    Putin khuliyo

47 Ronin 8/10 easily I thought it was epic.

Deleted
    Why so much Furious 7 hate in this thread? :P Can't change people's opinions/tastes, but I'm glad this movie is doing so well:

82% on Rotten Tomatoes (which is critics only) and 89% audience rating as well.
    67/100 on Metacritic with a 7.1 user score.
    $ 800 million worldwide gross in under 2 weeks.

The numbers speak for themselves

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Why so much Furious 7 hate in this thread? :P Can't change people's opinions/tastes, but I'm glad this movie is doing so well:

82% on Rotten Tomatoes (which is critics only) and 89% audience rating as well.
    67/100 on Metacritic with a 7.1 user score.
    $ 800 million worldwide gross in under 2 weeks.

The numbers speak for themselves
    People are just mad that popcorn movies exist.