Deleted
    Ant-Man - 5.5/10

Watchable, i.e. a 6/10, but then ruined by ridiculous ending events, killing the premise of the entire core concept and making the audience not give a flying **** what happens after.

Sunlight Jr. - 4/10: I don't mind movies with zero resolution if the story and acting prior was great. Sadly, this movie doesn't really have that. It's a depressing tale (even more so if you can say "jesus, I know people like this"), but it just sort of meanders and drifts off to the credits. I suppose that's the point, but I can't really recommend this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crimson Peak - 8.5/10

Damn that was a good movie. Del Toro's best since Pan's Labyrinth (I haven't seen them all)? Visually striking, great story and mystery, fantastic use of setting with a dash of the supernatural, and strong performances all around but Jessica Chastain was bloody brilliant.

Loved it.

Moon 9.75/10

Duncan Jones rocked this movie. One of my faves now. Even more excited for Warcraft now knowing he directed it. Everyone should go check this movie out.

Peanuts Movie 7/10. Cute. Well made, but I think other animated movies have a little more... um, gravitas. Like Inside Out or Toy Story 2. It's not bad but maybe the film didn't quite have the sense of overt melancholy of the cartoons of days past. Hard to fault though- it's so well made.

James Bond: Spectre 7/10. Slightly convoluted, but a nicely shot and performed action film. I enjoyed the last Mission Impossible a little more (peppier action sequences) and felt the character heaviness of the other Craig Bond films was at best muted here. Great torture scene though! Unfortunately, Waltz is underused and dispatched too quickly. Waltz is wonderful in almost every film I see him perform in- even if the films are not always stellar, per se.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Peanuts Movie 7/10. Cute. Well made, but I think other animated movies have a little more... um, gravitas. Like Inside Out or Toy Story 2. It's not bad but maybe the film didn't quite have the sense of overt melancholy of the cartoons of days past. Hard to fault though- it's so well made.
    Actually, add another +1 on to the Peanuts movie. It's really well made.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Smile Back - 6.5/10

Solid film about a housewife who is unraveling. Sarah Silverman's strong performance carried it.

Nasty Baby - 5/10

Kind of weird plot that felt a bit lost at times. Trying to do too much. The performances weren't bad but nothing worth mentioning. The unfocused plot is what ruined this film.

The End of the Tour - 4/10

I was excited to watch this based on the strong reviews but was immediately turned off by Jesse Eisenberg and Jason Segel's performances. I didn't make it far into this before turning it off. Just wasn't feeling it.

Not sure that I'm a fan of Eisenberg. I feel like he fills the same nervous energy space as Michael Cera but I like Cera a lot more.

Meadowland - 4/10

Too many low energy indie films today By the time I got to this one I wasn't in the mood. Seemed fine. Kid goes missing. Family is shattered. I made it about halfway through before losing interest :/
    Last edited by Daws001; 2015-11-08 at 10:46 PM.

Just rewatched 2001: A Space Odyssey. I use to consider it an 8/10, now I'd give it a 9.5/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Spectre - 5/10

The villains barely show up, present no threat at all and the common 007 stereotypes (Bond does absurd shit lolshootinghelicopters, falls in love, says Bond James Bond etcetc) are way too overused. Skyfall was a masterpiece and compared to Skyfall and Cassino Royale this was terrible.
    The movie has a great theme and they could have made something amazing with the whole SPECTRE as a major organization, And seriously they didn't build ANYTHING on Waltz. He's almost a half-brother to Bond and we barely know anything about him. Disappointed as fuck, Waltz is amazing and that scar on the end was badass.

The first 20 minutes are amazing tho, specially that intro with the "Writing's on the Wall".

I miss Skyfall...
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Bridge of Spies - 10/10
    Spectre - 6/10 (Skyfall was better)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Ant Man - 0/10

The previews looked pretty bad so I never saw it in theaters. I thought maybe a rental. Last nite was the nite. Wow this is bad. The acting is terrible. Everyone is just reading their lines without emotion. The characters are uninteresting. Not much of a story. The jokes were terrible. I think I made it about 2/3rds of the way through before just switching it off. Doubt I'll ever finish unless I really get bored.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. Nobody - 3/10

I decided to watch some Jared Leto since there is some buzz about him heading into Suicide Squad. Its a movie about choice but spends what feels like a billion hours trying to make its point. Leto seemed a bit too hammy trying to play an old man. He lacks screen presence in this film to me. Other minor actors seem to push him out of the spotlight too often. He does have a bit of crazy eyes so I can see why they'd cast him as the Joker. The theme is "hip" to modern times (there are no right or wrong choices, just live life to the fullest no matter what) so I can see it getting awards. But it really isn't a good film at all.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Inside out - 7/10

Saw this last night expecting big things as all the reviews I read were raving about how amazing this film is. While I enjoyed it, it won't be making it into my list of favourite movies. I have a funny feeling this is a movie you need to watch more than once to fully appreciate it.

Definitely worth a look, I just don't think it quite lived up to all the hype I read about. But that's just me

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    Inside out - 7/10

Saw this last night expecting big things as all the reviews I read were raving about how amazing this film is. While I enjoyed it, it won't be making it into my list of favourite movies. I have a funny feeling this is a movie you need to watch more than once to fully appreciate it.

Definitely worth a look, I just don't think it quite lived up to all the hype I read about. But that's just me
    It is soooo brilliant \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Bone Tomahawk - It is the official opinion of deputy Crysis, that this movie was f' A! It played on all the right strings in me. 9/10

Paper Towns - Curious as to see how Cara did before her major role in Suicide Squad. Very dissapointing movie, story follows one YOLO teenager trying to transform another wannabe YOLO teenager into the full version - couldn't connect with neither of them. Bad jokes, silly clichés, not even the hot chick from the bathtub saved it. 4/10

Ashby - Nat Wolff is really going to be the go-to-cute-teenager hero of all the highschool movies that are to come. Okay Hollywood... okay. Aside from that, I expected it to be worse actually. Mickey Rourke's best role since the Wrestler, some pretty good moments, poor Emma Roberts though. This whole time I was watching her, it was like she's in a movie at least 5 levels below her league, she is way too good of an actress to play the hot geeky girl next door. Overall, 6/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside out - 7/10

I actually rated it lower, personally. The pixar quality is definitely there and well done, but the rest sort of felt like an informative presentation for psych 101 students. I suppose if you knew nothing at all about behavioral health, the angle would seem quirky and interesting, but they really should have stuck with one or two concepts and really fleshed out on it rather than oversimplifying such a broad scope.

Bing Bong was brilliant, though. 6/10 for Inside Out.

Also caught Pirate Radio for the first time the other day. Awesome show of character diversity and perspectives. Generally just a good time. 7/10.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Spectre. 4/10. One of the weakest Bonds of the lot. Not surprised Daniel Craig's had enough, the character he's playing doesn't even resemble Bond anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post

Bing Bong was brilliant, though. 6/10 for Inside Out.
    Agreed! He was easily the best character in the movie. I was sad when he died. I'm disappointed joy did not fulfil her promise to show Riley Bing Bong again. While he was deleted I'm sure the memory orbs wouldn't have been

Agreed! He was easily the best character in the movie. I was sad when he died. I'm disappointed joy did not fulfil her promise to show Riley Bing Bong again. While he was deleted I'm sure the memory orbs wouldn't have been
    Bing Bong was not "deleted", he was forgotten. So no, there would probably not be any memory orbs with him left.

Deleted
    Spectre - 4 / 10 (and that is only because I enjoyed the sound in the cinema)
    wow, what a total, and utter let down.

Quote Originally Posted by M
    "Bond is on his own"
    when is he ever not on his own ? has he ever had (other than in YOLT) any sort of real help in the final scenes.

For me, this is the by far the worst of the 3 Craig bond films, and only marginally better than OHMSS, whilst the sets where very well done (especially the day of the dead), and the action scenes where suitably action filled, with several nods to other bond films, These however don't make up for the very poor story. No mention was made at all to who are what Spectre actually stood for or was about, just that it was the organization behind the two previous bond films villains. However, what really killed the film in my opinion (as a bond fan) is that the revelation towards the end of the film that Franz Oberhauser is actually Ernst Stavro Blofeld, (right down to the damaged eye and scar), Blofeld was dropped down a chimney to his death at the start of "For Your Eye's Only", thus breaking any sort of continuity in the franchise where he, and spectre is concerned. , Not even the opening score made much sense.

Terrible Bond film, save your money wait for it on to come out on the download scene.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2015-11-12 at 11:11 PM.

Black Mass - 9/10

A 9 only because I felt the ending wasn't all it could have been.

Been somewhat (read: very) ill this past week. Not able to go out to the movies. These are kinda old but we went through a couple of favorites this past week:

Full Metal Jacket 9/10. Great first half, but I always felt the second half of the film when Joker goes to 'Nam is a bit too obvious. It's also a lot less affecting and effective than sticking with systematic dehumanization vis-a-vis the slightly blase manner the war segments are framed. This is still masterful filmmaking not many could equal.

Miller's Crossing 9/10. Brilliant use of tone. It's so deftly scripted and directed a film that it is a marvel the Coen's are able to maintain this odd black comedy tone in what is a very serious genre with a complicated plot. But I think that is part of what the Coen's are doing so expertly here; they are undermining a lot expectations and treatments to this type of material.

Where there is humor, it is humor of a particular knowing. It's a visual knowing too- like when Leo is gunning down the street in his bathrobe or Tom tells Vera she's a tramp. Or just Tom always losing his hat. These things are only humorous because they are treated with a grandeur elevated from pulp novels and funny pages. Miller's Crossing is a pulp novel, it is more Angels with Dirty Faces than Godfather. It's takes a certain buying into this enjoy the languid and easy stroll through this material the Coen's take.