Deleted
    Superman Vs Elite - 5.5/10 good fun DC Cartoon action- apart from super's Chin. Oh and is wanker not a rude word in the states?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I Saw The Devil 9/10, movie was amazing. I was hooked the entire time waiting to see what happened next. The villain was incredible, I thought he was better in this than he was in Oldboy. Main character was awesome as well, was impressed by those 2 actors. I'm about to watch Ip Man but after I'm thinking the Lady Vengeance series, are they as good as I Saw The Devil?

Deleted
    Movie Title: Reign Of Fire
    Rating: A solid 8
    Review: This movie came to a surprise for me. It was actually pretty decent. For a movie i'd never even heard of yet has my favourite mythical creature dragon in. I was surprised I hadn't heard of it. The movie was well done for non-mainstream budgeted in 2002. Similar to a zombie horror with survivors trying to survive not knowing if others are alive in the world a few (about 60) survivors hiding in a castle trying to live on what they have with dragons roaming around burning every living thing they see in their path. The things i liked was the story, it was really well done. Not many dislikes for an old budgeted movie apart from some minor things thats not worth mentioning.

Watch the trailer if you are interested. I recommend it if you into the fantasy survival action movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just went through my ratings, and compelled a small list of movies I think are the best from each year, 1993 until 2011. Of course I haven’t seen all great movies from each year, but I thought it would be fun. Here is the list:

1993: Schindler's List
    1994: Forrest Gump
    1995: Leaving Las Vegas
    1996: Fargo
    1997: Titanic
    1998: Life Is Beautiful
    1999: Magnolia
    2000: Almost Famous
    2001: A Beautiful Mind
    2002: The 25th Hour
    2003: Lost In Translation
    2004: Hotel Rwanda
    2005: Crash
    2006: Letters From Iwo Jima
    2007: Juno
    2008: Slumdog Millionaire
    2009: The Hurt Locker
    2010: Inception
    2011: Kinyarwanda

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Of course this is your personal opinion, but no Saving Private Ryan? It came out in 1998...and according to google, Life Is Beautiful was released in December 20, 1997. Not that I've seen Life Is Beautiful, just saying.

I just went through my ratings, and compelled a small list of movies I think are the best from each year, 1993 until 2011. Of course I haven’t seen all great movies from each year, but I thought it would be fun. Here is the list:

1993: Schindler's List
    1994: Forrest Gump
    1995: Leaving Las Vegas
    1996: Fargo
    1997: Titanic
    1999: Magnolia
    2000: Almost Famous
    2001: A Beautiful Mind
    2002: The 25th Hour
    2003: Lost In Translation
    2004: Hotel Rwanda
    2005: Crash
    2006: Letters From Iwo Jima
    2007: Juno
    2008: Slumdog Millionaire
    2009: The Hurt Locker
    2010: Inception
    2011: Kinyarwanda
    What's your favorite 2012 release so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    What's your favorite 2012 release so far?
    The Secret World of Arrietty: 8.5/10.
    A gorgeously drawn and animated Studio Ghibli feature from early 2012. The characters are wonderful, and the exploration the viewer undergoes with the characters is an amazing experience. I throughly enjoyed it, more than The Avengers, which I gave 8/10, my previous Nr. 1 of the year. There is also a sense of humanism in the film, and a touching aspect, it is a very touching film sometimes.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Of course this is your personal opinion, but no Saving Private Ryan? It came out in 1998...and according to google, Life Is Beautiful was released in December 20, 1997. Not that I've seen Life Is Beautiful, just saying.
    I have seen Saving Private Ryan, and I loved it. The performances, the script, the direction especially. The 30 minute opening is absolutely incredible. But La Vita è Bella is one of my favorite films, I do not recon seeing a more touching movie. I think La Vita è Bella (or Life Is Beautiful) is a better movie, from a personal perspective.
    The movie is generally counted as a 1998 feature, according to awards shows and stuff, but I only saw it years later. I count it as a 1998 movie myself.

The Secret World of Arrietty: 8.5/10.
    A gorgeously drawn and animated Studio Ghibli feature from early 2012. The characters are wonderful, and the exploration the viewer undergoes with the characters is an amazing experience. I throughly enjoyed it, more than The Avengers, which I gave 8/10, my previous Nr. 1 of the year. There is also a sense of humanism in the film, and a touching aspect, it is a very touching film sometimes.
    I liked Arrietty as well.

Avengers is currently my #1. Though I imagine by the end of the year it might be topped by other movies.

Notably Dark Knight Rises, The Master from Paul Thomas Anderson, and maybe Django Unchained from Tarantino.

There might be some other nice surprises along the way. I will be curious to see what my top ten list of 2012 will look like at the end of the year.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 02:10 PM ----------

Movies I have seen recently.

Pulp Fiction

I felt like an embarrassment to movies fans everywhere for not having seen this movie. I finally got around to watching it and wow, what an experience. When I think of it now, it just brings a big smile to my face.

The script is out of this world, one of the best I have ever seen. You could re-watch this movie over and over again just to listen to the dialogue and be entertained every time. Some of the most iconic scenes in cinema.

9.5/10

Memento

Perhaps more fractured and implicit than it should have been, I have to admire Christoper Nolan for such a brilliant and unique story. I had to think about it for awhile to fully grasp the story and the roles of the characters. But now that I have pieced it together, I like it even more than I did initially. Some may argue this is Nolan's best movie, but I would personally choose The Dark Night.

9/10
    Last edited by Riidii; 2012-06-22 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Absolutely loved this movie, I'd give it the same rating.

The only thing I disliked about it was the ending. Mega spoilers: I mean, his whole life he's isolated himself, only to find the (seemingly, anyway) love of his life, so he opens up, gets rejected...then...reverts back to his old self, and doesn't change? I was expecting a better ending than that, but the ride there was so good, I can't fault it too much.
    I would give it 9/10 for the reason you mention. I liked the twist near the end, she was him and he got an insight to what that meant but then shrugs it off I guess...

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 07:15 PM ----------

No Country For Old Men: 4/4
    I won’t say much about the Coen’s masterpiece, other than it is a masterpiece. Also, watch it.
    I loved that movie through the first half 5/5 for me but the second half just completely fell apart. It went from being a great cat and mouse movie to horror flick logic one. 3.5/5 and it makes me sad.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 07:19 PM ----------

Serenity 8/10

I "found" the firefly episodes after seeing this movie and those were even better. Still a very solid and fun movie.

Avengers 9.5/10

Best movie of the year so far, if you for whatever reason haven't seen this yet stop whatever it is you are doing and go see it NOW!!!! Best hero movie since DK

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheCookieMan View Post
    "The day the earth stood still"

5/10

Really dull movie, not a to speciel story, some bad acting (Some really good acting too! But still a few actor's couldnt really play their role that good)
    use's the first 1 hour really good to get the viewer's all exicited and then suddenly it's like the movie is on a fast forward to just "Finish" the movie.

If you're really love "Alien invasion" movie's it's still pretty decent. But not anything i would put my money into.
    Its not an alien invasion movie
    Last edited by phenom568; 2012-06-22 at 07:15 PM.

Prometheus: 8/10
    A really great science fiction movie. A journey to the farthest reaches of space to discover the origins of humanity and meet our creators. I am surprised by all the bad reviews I've seen, most of which are disappointed that it isn't more like Alien, which I was glad of because I am not a fan of horror.

Prometheus: 9/10
    I enjoyed this one a lot! Sure it was a bit silly at times but which movie isnt? The rest was really good and I like that it left me with a lot of questions in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    Prometheus: 8/10
    A really great science fiction movie. A journey to the farthest reaches of space to discover the origins of humanity and meet our creators. I am surprised by all the bad reviews I've seen, most of which are disappointed that it isn't more like Alien, which I was glad of because I am not a fan of horror.
    Actually, it's very Alien. Very very much so. It's just not Aliens, the key part is the "s" which stands for sequel. Or plurality. Or something. I don't know. But Alien (1) and Aliens (2) had very different feels going for them, and bringing the spook atmosphere from the first one (which I watched again just after Prometheus) fits very well.

But for everyone that I've talked to, as long as they weren't expecting something to beat Aliens, they generally enjoyed it. You see it in game series all the time (Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 2).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

vendedora de rosas

8/10

such an strange direct movie
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Chronicle: 7/10.
    A very entertaining found-footage movie about three teenagers, who find mysteriousness in an underground cavern, granting them telekinetic powers. The film handles aspects of family problems and personal troubles very well. Brilliant direction from the first-time director, and great performances. Worth a view.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 12:48 PM ----------

The Hunter: 7.5/10.
    A brilliant, sometimes touching thriller about a loner who accepts a job to hunt down an ultra-rare “Tasmanian Tiger” by himself. He travels to the Tasmanian wilds and stays with a family consisting of a grieving mother and her two small children, a girl and a boy, both 6-9 years old. The family is splintered. Without a family man in the house (his fate uncovered in the film), the hunter takes over the job and becomes a part of something real, which is not something he has been for a long time, we see. But other people are also hunting the tiger, and they are ruthless. This is a great character study. One of the years best performances so far, by Willem Dafoe.
    Last edited by Eorayn; 2012-06-23 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brave: 9/10.

Easily my favorite Pixar movie since the Incredibles. Lots of action, humor, and a solid core story. The music is wonderful and I was very impressed by the animation work itself. It felt very natural even in supernatural circumstances. Three directors managed to get it together to produce the film. It's got pacing bumps here and there, but it moves along fast enough to ignore them.

prometheus 8/10
    reference to alien series

10+ Year Old Account
    Due Date: 4/10.
    The movie delivers frequent laughs, and the leads have some connection. But, the script is dull, formulaic and boring, the direction is lazy, and the payoff is underwhelming.

Deleted
    Last movie i watched was 'Jeff who lives at Home'.
    It was brilliant! it starts with the main character Jeff (Jason Segel) talking about signs
    The film follows jeff as he smokes pot and follows signs that lead him to his destiny!
    I loved it, i thought it waould be a comedy but it only had a few funny parts, which were hysterical.
    The real merit of this film is how the story and its message affected me; I was left sitting frozen in deep thought long after the credits had finished.
    Highly recommend it ! 10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah I can't believe Nick Cage made that movie it is terrible.
    I saw avengers it was really good. I like how the other super heroes were the same ones from their respective movies, IE Thor Iron Man.
    8.5/10
    well when you are all but bankrupt you will do whatever is tossed at you for a paycheck. That would be my guess as to why he agreed to be in an even worse version of Ghost rider.

I watched Haywire, John Carter, and The Hunger Games in the last 2 days.

Haywire was pretty meh considering the cast. A generic action movie with a woman as the main character. Seemed to lack story other than the usual they got framed and almost killed, and goes after all who had something to do with it.

John Carter was really under rated I thought it had some great moments.

Hunger Games I saw for the second time and it kinda drug on this time. Not really aimed at people my age but still was decent.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2012-06-23 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Men In Black 3: 7

The movie had an interesting premise, and some funny moments. It didn't measure up to the original, but it was far better than Men In Black 2. It felt more like a movie than a marketing stunt. I was entertained.