10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrade (2018): 8.5/10

One of the best, if not the best, B-movies I've ever seen. Phenomenally shot with gorgeous cinematography and soundtrack, the atmosphere alone makes it a great watch. The script is an oldie but goldie, and the execution is top notch. If you're into cheap tech sci-fi thrillers, definitely see it asap.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2018-08-20 at 08:44 PM.

The Meg is in the category of "so bad it's entertaining." 4.5/10
    At least for me.
    The script had my eyes rolling out of my head a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The Meg is in the category of "so bad it's entertaining." 4.5/10
    At least for me.
    The script had my eyes rolling out of my head a few times.
    I do not disagree with this assessment. Totally stupid but my wife and I enjoyed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hereditary: 8/10

Excellently shot, brilliantly acted, just great atmosphere all around. A proper, scary horror film, worthy of being called the spiritual successor to the Exorcist. Would have loved to see a lack of exposition at the end though.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Upgrade (2018): 8.5/10

One of the best, if not the best, B-movies I've ever seen. Phenomenally shot with gorgeous cinematography and soundtrack, the atmosphere alone makes it a great watch. The script is an oldie but goldie, and the execution is top notch. If you're into cheap tech sci-fi thrillers, definitely see it asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Hereditary: 8/10

Excellently shot, brilliantly acted, just great atmosphere all around. A proper, scary horror film, worthy of being called the spiritual successor to the Exorcist. Would have loved to see a lack of exposition at the end though.
    I checked for both of these movies andddddd I don't see any HD streams. I would've watched one. I haven't streamed a movie on desktop for a while now...

Upgrade was a fun watch.
    But the title isn't what you think.

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Really enjoyed this, watched it last night with my wife, decent cringe moments, some funny moments, just all in all a nice tale.
    Quite like Steve Carell.

7+ Year Old Account
    American Animals (2018) - 6/10

A movie that tells a story, kind of a boring story though. Production was solid. Acting was good. Story had some interesting moments.

Hereditary 9.5/10

I had heard good things about it but it surpassed all my expectations. I thought I was in for an artsy movie, but instead it is just a really, really good supernatural/satanic horror movie. The actress who played the mother was amazing in it. Perfectly shot, perfect pacing, just great. It's very nice to see high quality horror like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Hereditary 9.5/10.
    Ah...this post made me check a different streaming site, and I see Hereditary is HD on it. (It's also rated as 8.0/10 on IMDB, which is high.) I'll try to find some time to watch it.

Deleted

6/10.

7/10.

MI: Fallout 8.5/10

Antman and the Wasp 6/10

Graded where 5 is average.

Battle of the Sexes - 8.5/10: Fantastic flick. I wouldn't have minded this being a bit longer for the sake of additional character development. Everyone involved did a stellar job in this movie, and the ending line that Ted says to BJK is one of the most perfect lines in recent film memory. Highly recommended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ant-Man and the Wasp: 8 ~ 10 Light and breezy fun. Thanks for not killing off the villian. Spoilers.

Crazy Rich Asians: 5 ~ 10 I get that it's a big deal to have employed all of the Asians, but it was pretty mediocre.

Mission: Impossible - Fallout: 9.5 ~ 10 I hope I have half of Cruise's energy when I'm his age. Minus the crazy.

Super Troopers 2: 5 ~10 Disappointing and... disappointing and....

The Meg: 5 ~ 10 I could have forgiven the bad acting and terrible dialogue if it wasn't so damn boring. Shark action was OK.
    Last edited by Ayirasi; 2018-08-24 at 07:12 PM.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Crazy Rich Asians 6/10

Well directed but kinda pedestrian story. Lots of well executed style, natch.

The Happytime Murders 0/10

Terribly unfunny. I almost walked out midway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Ant-Man and the Wasp: 8 ~ 10 Light and breezy fun. Thanks for not killing off the villian. Spoilers..
    The biggest "plus" for me too, not killing the "villain" who really wasn't. Just someone who was angry and in constant (and growing) pain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hereditary (2018) - 3/10

Found it to be boring, predictable, and worst of all completely lacking any kind of scare factor. The only positive: the camera work.

Jurassic World : Fallen Product Placement - 5/10

Yeah so remind me to not watch trailers again because I felt like I had already seen the entire movie from trailers/advertising alone.

A shame because there could have been some fun moments to be had if you went in knowing nothing. But the film is not good enough to save itself really.

The villain sucks, the romance between the leads is non existent. When you care more about Chris Pratt and his pet Raptor than you do the two Romantic leads then theres a problem. Nothing against Bryce dallas Howards performance im just not feeling the chemistry and the script kind of sucks so they are not helped by the writing.

The main thing that stood out was all the product placement, I dont think theres a single scene change without it opening on a product, if its not Budweiser screens smothering a bar, then its a luxury car parked with its symbol conveniently perfectly in the center of frame. Then you think of the cost of the film to make etc, how much it needs to break even and its a total immersion killer. At least make that shit subtle like a coke vending machine in the background or something. Felt like you were watching a Michael bay transformer film

Did I mention the villain sucked. Also Ian Malcolm/Jeff Goldblums scenes were the most pointless thing ever and clearly just used for marketing.

The Clapper 7/10.

Everything about this movie was ordinary. They also had a pretty solid cast, who did a very good job at being ordinary. And it translated into a movie that was a pretty decent portrayal of being human.

Blackkklansman: 8/10

Often funny and poignant. It was sometimes heavy-handed with its "America is still racist!" message, but it's worth seeing. Adam Driver was excellent, as usual, and Denzel's son is almost exactly like his father!