I don't usually watch movies, the last one i remember was "Revenant" with Leonardo DiCaprio. Despite having what seems to be a good premise, I remember just wanting it to end (was watching with friends) and it being very boring and awfully slow-paced. While the acting was good it doesn't save the movie. 4/10

Revenant is designed to be an immersive film. Why do you think it keeps showing upwards shots of damn trees swaying around.

I would not have watched it in a group.

Alcohol and headphones is advised to fully appreciate.

Mimi no NA wa. (Your name.)
    6/10.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched a movie in a long time and can't remember the last one I watched - and I did movie reviews for a living once (before YouTube etc came along). so I love movies. However these days it's mostly tv-shows that dare to bring anything new and of high quality to the screen.

No wait ... while typing this I just remember; last movie I watched was "Deadwood". At last we got an ending to an amazing show

They shall not grow old 9/10

incredible movie.

Just saw MIB International. Not as bad as people make it out to be. 5.5/10

White noise
    Rating: 9/10

I am just a huge fan of supernatural thrillers. Keathon played his role of a grieving husband trying to communicate with his dead wife pretty well. The ending also leaves you in suspense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Star Wars: A Rogue One Story is on TV right now and omg it's soooooooooooooo incredibly boring. I mean, all Star Wars movies are usually boring, this one is ridiculous.
    you must be a Star Wars - The Last Jedi fan then, that movie had a lot of action but zero brains.

The lion king (7/10)
    Great Visuals, basicly the same story (remake after all) and good voice acting.

Altho if you think you are going to see human emotions like smiles, crying ect then stick to the cartoon.
    If you have seen movies in the past like "beethoven" or "look who's talking" and the voicing of babies and a dog did not bother you then you will have no problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    you must be a Star Wars - The Last Jedi fan then, that movie had a lot of action but zero brains.
    Why'd you like a turd if you don't like another turd?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Witch - Part01 - The Subversion
    10/10 waiting for part 2
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

The Shamer's Daughter- 6/10

Watched it on Amazon Prime it's a pretty good film but I feel like it should have ended with the final battle. Not sure how accurate it was to the books, but since there's more than one book I assume that's why it ended the way it did. The dragon's looked a little shitty too.

Alita: Battle Angel - 7.5/10.
    I thought I'd enjoy this movie going in, and I still enjoyed it more than I expected to. Light unobtrusive plot, good characters, doesn't hang around at the end (at all!), and I generally like a woman who can kick ass. I thought Jude Law Lite was a bit rubbish, but Blade Lite made up for it in the acting stakes. Recommended popcorn flick!

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    ....TLJ did not have a lot of action so not sure if you're being sarcastic. Hell Rogue One had more action or at least slightly more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    The lion king (7/10)
    Great Visuals, basicly the same story (remake after all) and good voice acting.

Altho if you think you are going to see human emotions like smiles, crying ect then stick to the cartoon.
    If you have seen movies in the past like "beethoven" or "look who's talking" and the voicing of babies and a dog did not bother you then you will have no problem here.
    The voice acting was not even remotely good short of John Oliver(Billy Eichner's normal personality does not fit Timon in the least and you can't hear his voice without expecting it much like the librarian he plays in Bob's Burgers). About the only reason this movie is getting overwhelmingly good reviews is the frothing at the mouth Beyonce fans....you know the same ones who were making death threats to a woman for speaking to Jay-Z over her lap....pretty sure they'd be making death threats at anyone criticizing her in the movie as well(ps she wasn't good).

Avengers: End Game - 5/10: The more I think about it, the more I dislike this movie, even as I write this I'm starting to think 5 out of 10 is too generous. Overall awful writing, the movie trashed so many plot lines from Infinity War and did it all for cheap feel good moments that are utterly shallow.

Detective Pikachu - 8/10: Great movie that leaves me wanting more in the way of Pokemon movies. Handled the series respectfully, while also making a movie that anyone can watch. Just an all around great movie.

Lion King 7/10

Was okay, bit of a nostalgia hit so enjoyable. Original was better though of course.

My reviews of the latest Disney remakes:

Aladdin (2019) - 6/10

I liked Aladdin as a kid but I never really found these movies to be fantastic or anything. I kinda just liked the Arabian setting and some of the stories Aladdin got into, but the real MVP has always been the genie. Which is also the case with this movie. I still remember when people made fun of Will Smith when he was first seen as the genie, but he ended up being the best part of the movie. That also says something about this movies quality which isn't really anything special. It loses a lot of points for overusing musical scenes constantly, and even shoving one particular (the Jasmine one about never keeping her silenced or something) down our throats which didn't even add anything to the story. It came out completely out of nowhere. Jafar was also horribly miscast and overall just a poor villain. The rest of the cast were alright and I liked most of the music.

The Lion King (2019) - 7/10

The original Lion King is easily one of my favorite Disney movies. This is the movie where I learned the meaning of death after what happened to Mufasa. The remake did what it wanted to: recapture the original movie with photorealistic animation with some other improvements (like the music, extra backstories and a couple of extra scenes). Yet at the same time there are a lot of things they did a lot worse. The Mufasa/Scar scene during the stampede for example is done terribly compared to the original. They shortened Scars song ''Be Prepared'' by a lot, making it more of a speech rather than a song. The lack of showing emotions on animals doesn't bother me as much, but it also cheapened a lot of scenes from the original that where otherwise fantastic. I do like the realistic animation which I'm sure a lot will disagree with. The music is amazing and probably this movies best aspect, even Hans Zimmer found that he did a much better job than the originals. I liked that they gave Nala and Sarabi extra character development which was severely lacking in the original. And I like the darker tone where Scar seems more menacing and the hyenas are much less of a joke.

The original is a 9-10 while this is more of a 6-7

Secret Obession 6/10

I'ts an okay movie but you don't really feel any tension. Some good actors, (not the female protagonist), totally wasted with a cliché, too simple of a plot.

Tolkien - 9/10

Never knew much about the author but was always a fan of LotR, which gave me enough of a reason to see it. I loved the acting and the biography style detailing his early life and the small LotR references you could pick out from some scenes/dialogue, without relying too much on it, or having a need to rely on the first World War to bring conflict to the movie. I think it was very well done and would recommend it to any LotR/history fan. Only giving it 1 point off because it did feel a bit similar to Turing from a couple years ago.

Bird Box - 7/10

Not really much to say, good acting and decent story, enough to keep you interested. Not really much of a suspense/thriller to me mainly because of spoilers I knew going in beforehand, but it didn't ruin the movie for me.

The Art of Self Defense - 8/10
    The movie is certainly quirky but I found it rather enjoyable.