Inside Out (2015) - 9/10
    Pixar makes awesome movies. This is known. Some people have wondered if they've lost the magic touch, with their recent movies being Cars 2, Brave and Monsters University. For those people, Inside Out should, at the very least, seem like a return to form. For me, however, it is their best movie to date. And against movies like Up, WALL-E, Toy Story Trilogy, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Monsters Inc., etc., that's no small feat. This movie is just pure genius, it's funny, it's unique, it's creative, it's touching, it's just... amazing. It's well known that Pixar usually makes movies that are entertaining for kids, but a lot of the deeper themes and ideas can only be appreciated by adults. And this is probably their most "adult" movie yet. Obviously, it's my favorite movie of the year so far, and I'll be surprised if any other movie suprasses it down the line.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Terminator- Genisys 7.5/10

It was ok, I thought the story was meh but I liked how they used things from T1 (The 1st terminator) and T2 (the T1000) a put it in this movie. It had good action scenes and I thought acting was great. It wasn't as good as T1 and T2 but better than T3, I never saw Salvation.

Tombs of the Blind Dead 10/10. A masterpiece of 70s Spanish horror.

American Sniper 7/10

It was a decent movie, but nothing special.

Time Lapse (2015)

4/10

A group of young adults get messages from the future....

The plot was above average for this type of film. The characterization was WAY below average, as all characters were totally unlikable and unrelatable, which caused key plot elements to not work and caused me to struggle to pay attention at times. The acting was subpar. The principle actors showed very little range.

Plot: 7/10
    Characterization: 2/10
    Acting: 3/10
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Terminator - 11/10

Remove Matt Smith and it gets a 0/10. Bad movie with insane plot holes.
    You cared enough to post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Terminator - 11/10

Remove Matt Smith and it gets a 0/10. Bad movie with insane plot holes.
    I liked the plot holes in that movie. This is what any movie involving relatively easy time travel should look like. It has to be some kind of mess with tons of unexplained things and whathefuckyness all around. The first 2 movies had tons of plot holes too, just swept under the carpet.

I'd even say they tried to explain too much in Genisys imo.

The only thing I really found really bad was the fact that Skynet had just a single time travel machine... but that is as explained in T1, sending a Terminator in the past was the last thing Skynet did before defeat (repeating in T2 plot), as if a worldwide network of robots would build a single copy of their most powerful weaponin a single place, and not multiple copies all around the world . And they do the exact same thing with Genisys, destroying a datacenter = destroying the whole thing? (well, or not, according to post-credits mini scene, but still...). Especially when build by mister-skynet-from-the-future, this should be a massive worldwide network with tons of backup and active elements all around the world, not all stacked up in a single building with an unstable time travel machine waiting to be blown up right in the middle of it all.
    Oh, hi.

Terminator Genisys (2015) - 5/10
    My dad loved this movie. Me, not so much. Let's start with the plot. After I'd seen it, I was pretty sure there were some holes, but I've read some people explain some things, so I'm no longer sure there's any big ones. However, that doesn't change the fact that the movie is incredibly confusing and hard to follow, with timeline upon timeline stacked on each other. It's convoluted, and it uses time travel so much it becomes essential to understand it. Besides that, I found the acting and chemistry pretty lacking, which meant I had zero emotional attachment, and the movie had no weight. I did like Arnold though. J.K. Simmons is in the movie, and his character is pretty pointless. The action scenes were also mostly pretty meh, which, in a terminator movie, is an unforgivable sin. Generally, it's just pretty forgettable, with nothing really making a big impact, like a really expensive B-movie.

Escape Plan - 2/10. so... so very bad. I can't believe I sat through the entire thing.

American Sniper - 7/10. Strong flick, though I expected it to be a bit better somehow. How the kill of the Syrian sniper was portrayed seemed a bit silly to me.

Inside out. 10/10

Pixar at its finest.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Terminator Genisys: 2.5 ~ 10 There was a story in there somewhere. It was dumb. Was Matt Smith even in this movie? He was on the posters, but they didn't hardly do shit with him. "I am evil AI hologram with a body, because shut up!" They must be hoping for a sequel. Arnold was OK. I guess this sequel irritated me less than the past two, but that's not saying a whole lot. My crush on Emilia Clarke awarded the movie a 5 ~ 10, but the PG-13 rating dropped the 5 to a 2.5, because you can't talk about naked time travel and not show her in all of her naked glory. You just can't. That's mean.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Terminator Genisys: 2.5 ~ 10 There was a story in there somewhere. It was dumb. Was Matt Smith even in this movie? He was on the posters, but they didn't hardly do shit with him. "I am evil AI hologram with a body, because shut up!" They must be hoping for a sequel. Arnold was OK. I guess this sequel irritated me less than the past two, but that's not saying a whole lot. My crush on Emilia Clarke awarded the movie a 5 ~ 10, but the PG-13 rating dropped the 5 to a 2.5, because you can't talk about naked time travel and not show her in all of her naked glory. You just can't. That's mean.
    Emilia Clarke has mentioned that she doesn't want to show her charms whenever she appears on the screen, since she will then be known and expected to do it all the time. So I doubt much more would have been shown with a R-rating in that regard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ted 2 8.5/10

Just as funny as the first one. Caught me by surprise to be honest. Sequels are usually worst than the first.

Project Almanac 7/10

It was decent, but very predictable.

15+ Year Old Account
    In these times of Terminator #17 I decided to rewatch the old Conan movies and by mistake I ended up with the 2011 movie.

2/10
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Age of Ultron 5/10

I love super hero movies, but for some reason i've never liked the avengers. Ultron was a really cool villain, but other than that the movie was extremely boring. I don't give a shit about black widow's romance with Banner, nor do i give a fuck about Hawkeye or his stupid wife and kids. Ended up turning off the movie after the highway/the android(?) guy coming alive, because i just couldn't take it anymore.

I don't mind romances in superhero movies, hell i fucking loved Tony&Pepper in the Iron Man movies, but i pretty much wanted to shoot myself during the ones in age of ultron.

The last movie I saw was Spy, and I thought it was rather funny. I would rate it 8/10.
    Kindness goes a long way.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Watched District 9 again for the first time since it came out yesterday.

still as good as I remembered, 8/10.

FOOKING PRAAAWWWNS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Terminator Genisys 9/10 only if you're a fan of the Terminator franchise. Otherwise, it's probably a confusing popcorn action movie. (Hard for me to judge how a non-fan would see it, but my guess is that if you like popcorn action it's a 6.5/10, and if you don't like action blockbusters or Terminator, why are you even in the theater?)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Terminator Genisys 9/10 only if you're a fan of the Terminator franchise. Otherwise, it's probably a confusing popcorn action movie. (Hard for me to judge how a non-fan would see it, but my guess is that if you like popcorn action it's a 6.5/10, and if you don't like action blockbusters or Terminator, why are you even in the theater?)
    I'm a big terminator fan, however I dont let throwbacks, references and fanservice depict my overall rating in a new franchise film. I still gave it a 5/10. The action was dull, the story wasn't confusing, it just wasn't interesting. Normally in films where there's a lot of jumping around, you're at least engaged enough to try and follow it, hence the enjoyment in the trope. Not this time. The movie looked and sounded good but that was about it, franchise fan be damned.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.