Deleted
    The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters (2007) 9/10

Loved it. Childe Rowland versus the Dark Knight. The brutal onslaught Kong launches against the naive hero who just wants to reach his princess is constantly re-enacted as Steve Wiebe tries to gain and be recognised for the world record score in Donkey Kong in the face of the evil stepmothe- Twin Galaxies, the self-proclaimed arbiter of arcade game high scores. You've been guilded with every single person in this film.
    Last edited by mmocf2713d0352; 2015-09-02 at 01:28 AM.

Deleted
    Spoorloos aka. The Vanishing - 7/10. An unusual mind games kidnapping mystery. If you expected closer to a thriller or perfect execution for a mystery, it is a 6/10. However, for story originality it is a definite 7.5/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Duchess - 7/10

I'm a sucker for British period dramas and this hit the right cords for me. Keira Knightley is perfection as usual and Ralph Fiennes has a skill for playing despicable characters. Kudos to the costume design and hair and makeup too. Keira's duchess was on point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pompeii - 5/10
    Enjoyable. But a lot of flaws.

Noah - 7/10
    Makes zero sense. Russell Crowe and Emma Watson are great. The religious aspect was useless.

Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
    4/10
    Watched this cause my mother wanted to see it. A few cheap laughs here and there but the plotline felt really lazy in some parts, especially how they got rid of characters from the previous movie at the start. Worth seeing if you're bored and in the mood for a silly comedy.

Noah - 7/10
    Makes zero sense. Russell Crowe and Emma Watson are great. The religious aspect was useless.[/QUOTE]

What doesn't make sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    What doesn't make sense?
    They show the evolution part but they still insist that humans come from Adam and Eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They show the evolution part but they still insist that humans come from Adam and Eve.
    Just watched the scene on YouTube again, and it doesn't actually show the ape turning into a human. However, it's worth noting that Darren Afronsky, who made the movie, is not religious himself, and one of the main themes of the movie is mixing evolution and creation-beliefs and creating uncertainty about whether or not there's a God, or if Noah is just a bit cray.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E (2015) - 7/10
    This is Style over Substance: The Movie, but it's really fun and entertaining style, so it's still an enjoyable flick. I enjoyed how Henry Cavil and Armie Hammer played off each other, too. There's not a lot to the plot, and I found the last action sequence a bit confusing and sub-par, but as long as you're prepared to enjoy the style and not mind the lack of substance, it's definitely worth a watch.

Torrented the original Star Wars movies in prep for the upcoming new film. 5.5/10 for the first two, 4/10 for the last one. Honestly I was let down because I have always been attracted to the general Star Wars universe and I really enjoy the worlds and races and atmosphere of swtor. But the movies were short on plot, terrible on acting, and atrocious on dialogue. Cinematography was great though, especially for its time.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    Torrented the original Star Wars movies in prep for the upcoming new film. 5.5/10 for the first two, 4/10 for the last one. Honestly I was let down because I have always been attracted to the general Star Wars universe and I really enjoy the worlds and races and atmosphere of swtor. But the movies were short on plot, terrible on acting, and atrocious on dialogue. Cinematography was great though, especially for its time.
    ^Blasphemy of the Highest Degree^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    Obvious bait is way too obvious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Obvious bait is way too obvious.
    Not sure why, I totally agree on this. Don't think I ever watched one of these movies to the end, got bored and left or switched every time (and that's on the many many times it was on TV or my brothers were watching the VHS or I tried watching the new ones during the past 20+ years). Universe can be great, they made a few good games on it, but I always found the movies absolutely terrible.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Not sure why, I totally agree on this. Don't think I ever watched one of these movies to the end, got bored and left or switched every time (and that's on the many many times it was on TV or my brothers were watching the VHS or I tried watching the new ones during the past 20+ years). Universe can be great, they made a few good games on it, but I always found the movies absolutely terrible.
    Well, everything is subjective. Just make sure to have a backdoor exit for when the angry horde comes knocking with their torches and pitchforks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched the scene on YouTube again, and it doesn't actually show the ape turning into a human. However, it's worth noting that Darren Afronsky, who made the movie, is not religious himself, and one of the main themes of the movie is mixing evolution and creation-beliefs and creating uncertainty about whether or not there's a God, or if Noah is just a bit cray.
    Then where did all those humans come from?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, everything is subjective. Just make sure to have a backdoor exit for when the angry horde comes knocking with their torches and pitchforks.
    Oh don't worry, I meet them quite often. Especially working in IT in a full-of-geeks place and with a new movie (and game) incoming.

I'll probably give the old movies another try before the new comes out, been a few years since last I kind of tried to watch one, but I don't have much hope left .
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Then where did all those humans come from?
    Adam and Eve if you believe Noah, evolution if you don't. Personally, I see the Adam and Eve story as a metaphor for the birth of human self-awareness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adam and Eve if you believe Noah, evolution if you don't. Personally, I see the Adam and Eve story as a metaphor for the birth of human self-awareness.
    I guess that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Honestly, it's a thousand times better to dislike something that's universally loved than to be merely pretending to like it in order to fit in.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2015-09-04 at 07:05 AM.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Holy fuck/ 10
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Dragonball Z: Resurrection F - 9/10 Not a massive DBZ fan but I really enjoyed this one. I found it even better than the previous DBZ movie. I liked it so much I even saw it twice at the cinema which for me is very very very very rare.