Ghostbusters: 2/10

Chris Hemsworth was as funny as watching a bunny trying to escape a cardboard box. Cute for 2 mins just sad to watch it any longer.

Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones were good for most of the movie. Ms. Jones' stage dive ended up being a bit more cringe worthy than the playfulness the movie tried to maintain.

Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig were just irredeemable. Their little talking huddles were annoying... no sure if that was a failing of the script, the director, or the actresses.

I went in to this movie thinking it would at least be funny. There was one chuckle worthy scene in the entire movie. I left feeling highly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lights Out on desktop at home.

It's a good movie. There are no real flaws plot-wise, and the characters are affable. The story itself is pretty good. The horror aspect is good and the movie has it's scary parts.

It felt...not low budget, it looked good and it wasn't cheesy, but it felt short. (I think it was exactly 1h 20m.) But like...it didn't feel short in the sense that there was anything missing, the story was told from A to Z and included everything necessary. I actually don't even know what else they could have added. I guess maybe it was meant to be a straight movie.

I think it was very successful and told a good story, with good scenes. A good amount of horror, and it wasn't dumb or cliche. I have to give it an 8/10 because it's so simple and straight. I'm taking off 2 points from a perfect 10 because it lacks depth. Honestly, it's such a simple movie it feels bad to even give it an 8 but that's what it deserves.
    You checked out Dont breathe yet? Another new straight forward thriller that is well done.

10+ Year Old Account
    X-Men Apocolypse 5.5/10

I expected more from this considering the previous movies were good in my eyes. The Villian was just really boring along with his "Four Horsemen" mutants. They honestly didnt do didly squat except during the ending battle. The heroes didn't fare much better with Magneto being the only one remotely interesting. The special effects were good though.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

Hmm...just to comment:

Best part of Apocalypse was the cameo of Wolverine. (That's rare that I would say that since he's been the worst thing in prior movies)

Guardians of the Galaxy...probably ranks among the bottom of the barrel for me when it comes to Marvel movies. I just can't separate the comics to see the movie as MCU which is almost entirely different.

Don't Breathe

Got extremely excited when I saw how highly rated this movie is. Rare for a horror film. Turned out it was very well done, but really nothing special or innovative. Just a solid but standard home-invasion movie.

7/10

Doctor Strange (2016) - 8/10
    Thought it was great, I love the cast, I like magic, I really enjoyed the visuals. However, story-wise, we've pretty much seen it before, and the best visual spectacle happens early on. The magic is pretty hand-waved and unexplained, which I guess you could expect, but a wise rule of storytelling is that the less explained your magic is, the less you can use it to save the day without it feeling like an asspull. That said, I did like the way the very last encounter was handled, was different from your usual climatic fight.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's been a busy week so I haven't had time to do this but I saw The Accountant on monday. It was good. I really liked the aspect of his autism, and I loved that you could see the effect of his upbringning when he was an adult. Especially the values instilled by his father (no spoilers). The acting was believable and the shots were good. Nothing spectacular for the most part about the shots, but there were a couple in there that were really creatively done. The shooting felt awesome, and you could hear and feel the thunder of the guns and the bullets.

7/10

I'm going to see Doctor Strange tomorrow at an IMAX, so hopefully that'll be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Ender's Game - 0/10

Every single scene is abysmal. Every character is terrible. The main kid can't even act. Harrison Ford looked like he didn't even want to be there.

After half an hour I just started skipping ahead to see if it got any better, it didn't. It baffles me how there are so many positive reviews for this movie. The kid's name is ENDER for fuck sake!

Inferno
    This latest movie version of the Dan Brown series is dull, lackluster, oh hell...it's just flat out boring. Even Tom Hanks appeared at times to wonder why the hell he was even in this movie.

Just save your money for Dr. Strange, and Fantastic Beasts.

Denial 5/10

Well acted but sorta uninteresting and dull. The villain is too obvious, the victim too fragile. So you are left kinda watching a by-the-numbers courtroom drama about the Holocaust and it's deniers that in the end just says, “See how despicable these people are? But you're better than them, right?”

It's well acted and directed. That much is sure. There just isn't a lot interesting going on here.

Deleted
    Sausage Party 5/10

had a few funny scenes and stuff, but after about half way i just wanted the film to end, it really felt like it was dragging. and the end scenes just went on way too long, theres only so much food sex i can watch before it becomes more of a chore than enjoyable.

Star trek : beyond 8/10

really like this film, there could have been more of a build up to revealing who the villain is imo, the first space battle was really good, very enjoyable to watch and it was pretty damn cool to see the ship cut to shreds like that. but that ending battle? felt more like i was watching a syfy movie, yeah lets play loud music to defeat the enemy! film could have been 8 or 9/10 if it wasn;t for that battle scene because i loved the rest of the film.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purge: Election Year. 2/10

I still can't figure out if it's extremely clever political commentary or just really stupid shit.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Army of One: 3/10

Wtf. It's sad to see that Nicolas Cage could go even more downhill. This movie was really terrible. It had some decent moments, but the entirety of the movie can only be defined as absolutely horrid. The fact that this movie is based on a 'true' story only makes it even worse. How stupid are people to turn this ridiculous adventure into a movie. Just.... why???!?

Dr. Strange 7.5/10
    Cool flick but it felt less the "master of the mystic arts and more "Mage the Ascension" to me.

To be fair, Strange isn't yet considered a master at the end. Although between the end of the movie and the mid-credit scene when he's having a chat with Thor his mastery level may have gone up a couple of notches. Considering that he's supposed to have a photographic memory and even studies when he sleeps via his astral form...well...

I 'liked that they finally showed some respect to the big bad guy in that "you can't really win" against him.

Didn't like that the Eye of Agamotto is supposed to be an infinity stone

The Accountant: 7,5/10
    I too enjoyed the rather correct presentation of autism and that the movie dared to bring that topic up in a main character since ... Rain Man i think?
    My buddy and i got a good laugh out of the last scenes. The action was nice and tight, with actually loud guns. There was no unnecessary romance but a good chemistry between the two characters. And the flashbacks were of the correct length to explain everything nice but never went on too long.
    Definitly worth the 10 bucks for the ticket and a fix addition to my BR collection later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Strange - 8/10

I loved it. Tilda Swinton and the Cloak of Levitation were the standouts.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Last King(2016)

6.5/10

Decent acting. Story was a little slow. I enjoyed the action scenes. A nice alternative to the Hollywood movie scene.

- - - Updated - - -

The Dark Valley (2014)

8.5/10

Great scenery. Very solid acting. A classic type of western story. The only issue, pretty early on the average viewer probably has the plot figured out. One of the few movies in the past few months that had me paying more than casual attention to it. I really liked the cover Clara Luiza did of Sinnerman for the soundtrack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Dr. Strange 7.5/10
    Cool flick but it felt less the "master of the mystic arts and more "Mage the Ascension" to me.

To be fair, Strange isn't yet considered a master at the end. Although between the end of the movie and the mid-credit scene when he's having a chat with Thor his mastery level may have gone up a couple of notches. Considering that he's supposed to have a photographic memory and even studies when he sleeps via his astral form...well...

I 'liked that they finally showed some respect to the big bad guy in that "you can't really win" against him.

Didn't like that the Eye of Agamotto is supposed to be an infinity stone
    My question is why not? It fits perfectly with the lore of the marvel universe, Agamotto was THE first ancient one, it makes sense he acquired the infinity stone and manipulated its use into this specific relic. For Agamotto originating from the very beginning, it can be very plausible

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    My question is why not? It fits perfectly with the lore of the marvel universe, Agamotto was THE first ancient one, it makes sense he acquired the infinity stone and manipulated its use into this specific relic. For Agamotto originating from the very beginning, it can be very plausible

Revolves around my big complaint with how they form this cosmology for this "MCU." That's probably "enuff said" but...to get all anal retentive:

They downgraded every powerful being that owned the Infinity stones. The Collector" was an Elder of the Universe in the comics and a major power himself. But here in this MCU he's little better than comedy relief. (I admit, I don't think it was ever shown that the Collector knew he had the "Reality" gem)

The "Eye of Agamotto" was an empowered relic from he who is currently one of the Vishanti. It's power has always been one of "allseeing" (enlightenment)
    The powers demonstrated by Strange would have been from a Moebius Stone in the comics, which was also created by Agamotto.

In the comics, Agamotto rivals Galactus in terms of power. I submit that he could easily have created an infinity stone.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2016-11-05 at 03:11 PM.

Jack Reacher 2 7/10

Not as good as the first one.

Dr. Strange

8/10 the cloak was awesome.