15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue One 9/10

I think it was the best Star Wars movie yet overall. Less (although there were still lots of it) sentimental bullshit and solid story which didn't stall for eons. Two negative things were Forest Whitaker and the CGI Moff.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Rogue One (2016) - 5/10

I'm sure a lot of people will want to roast me for saying this, but, holy shit what a boring fucking movie. The character development and the development of the main story are just... bland. Come on, give me something meaningful in the way of character development and story.
    No, I feel exactly this way.

I was suprised how many people were satisfied by it.
    I didn't go in with high expectations, yet still left somewhat disappointed.
    There's no point in killing of characters that have 0 development. It takes away any impact if I don't care about them.
    And yeah, the cast was just too PC for me too.

Deleted
    Rogue one 6/10
    Way, Way too many refrences or scenes copied but slightly altered for my liking. Good film, but lacking quite seriously in the telling of what was ultimatly a mediocre story.

Patriots Day 8/10
    A sensitive subject handled with respect to those that lost thier lives. Worth a watch but nothing spectacular or overly special.

Resident Evil : Final Chaper 6/10
    Too many problems to list. Like the speed of the cure works, would not be suprised if we see another installment in the future.

Deleted
    Ghost Ship 5/10

I really remembered it differently. It is definitively not a movie one does have to see. It is basically about a salvage crew and a ghost ship. Literally

Redline (Anime film) - 9/10 (Great!)

I needn't say anything about the sheer visual spectacle that this film was to watch; this was a fantastic film through and through.

Beauty & the Beast 3/10

Kinda boring and the songs don't match the action. Totally pointless movie.

The Belko Experiment 8/10

Absolutely hairlous! Fun, old school, ultra violence. Really subversive and misanthropic. A more cynical Battle Royale.

Loved it. Had a blast. Laughed so hard I actually peed myself.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Logan - 9/10

Amazing movie, and I even thought the ending was very appropriately open-ended. It ended right where it needed to end.

I don't want to list specific faults, because ... spoilers ... but the only problems I had with the movie were a couple of plot holes and one obvious "plot device sequence" which didn't fit the characters or pacing of the rest of the movie.

(Obviously, no spoilers in this post.)

Logan in movie theaters. I didn't really want to go to the movie theater...but I wanted to see this and I'm sure the internet won't stfu about it, especially with spoilers. Didn't wanna wait for a good version to come on online.

Anyway, the movie is surprisingly good. There are a lot of interesting scenes that captivate your attention, and it doesn't feel like anything lingers too long.

The absolute best part was that people get killed. Like brutally killed. I think I saw someone mention the R rating being nice, since the trailers came out, but it was so refreshing to not see a big superhero movie pussy out because someone wanted to bring their kid.

Another good thing about the movie is that it starts out with a lot of questions, wondering how people got into their situations or wondering what they're talking about, and it all slowly gets revealed along the way at a good pace. I felt very satisfied throughout the movie, seeing things come to light. I love it when movies progress like that. That's a mark that the storytelling is well done.

The story itself actually isn't too usual. There were a few good surprising turns that I didn't expect was gonna happen. I can't say it or it'd be a spoiler.

That said, I felt the plot was predictable. The overall plot. I could predict the ending very easily. It felt like this was a "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey" movies. Which is gay. I don't want to know how things are going to end. I want to be caught off guard, until the very end.

If I were judging this based on my experience, I'd give it an 8.75/10. But you guys have to understand that I have to rate this movie as a standalone movie. This is the opposite of a stand alone movie, you're expected to know the details of like 7 other fucking X Men movies to understand this. Not appreciate it. Understand it. You're expected to know all about Wolverine, inside and out. So I have to downgrade this to 6.75/10.

Don't take for granted the 12+ years you've been watching X Men movies to prepare you for this movie, you can't expect everyone to have your same life experience.

Deleted
    Kong: Skull Island - 5/10

Completely lifeless. No feelings, no decent action a complete bag of nothingness without any kind of emotions.
    Ok'ish action scenes but absolutely nothing memorable. One cringe moment in the Katana slow motion scene.
    The only redeeming factor of this movie was John C. Reilly. He was the only character in the entire movie with a soul and he gave life to the entire movie.

They tried to make Kong a good guy by force and without any kind of explanation.
    Then out of nowhere the main characters instead of deciding to run away decided to risk their lifes to save Kong! LOOL. Why? Just a Wtf moment out of many.
    "Where are you going?" *dramatic pause* "We are going to save Kong"
    Then Kong decides to be friends with the girl, like what? Why? He is a beast and now he is saving a girl?
    Why?

And thats the movie. A bunch of lifeless characters doing stuff and John C. Reilly saving the entire movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Redline (Anime film) - 9/10 (Great!)

I needn't say anything about the sheer visual spectacle that this film was to watch; this was a fantastic film through and through.
    I need to watch it but i already feel like i did because i watched a AMV and played it on repeat for days on youtube.
    The quality of the animation seems amazing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9ezrcgde0

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Absolutely hairlous! Fun, old school, ultra violence. Really subversive and misanthropic. A more cynical Battle Royale.

I'm going to watch it now, seems hilarious
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-03-20 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The boy and the Beast - 9/10

Fucking amazing movie, great characters, beautiful animation, one of the few animes I've seen lately that held the same level of focus and detail that miyazaki once put into his work. Did have a couple of moments that kind of removed you from it, but they didn't last long. English dub could have been better, but for what it was it worked.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Godamit Fencers the movie i downloaded had a huge virus and was a fake. Fortunately my anti-virus was able in time to delete everything it did wrong to my PC.

This is the second movie you have reviewed i can't find anywhere online T_T so sad, seems like a good movie.

Edit: Oh the movie is recent...i'm so stupid.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-03-20 at 01:21 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Logan - 8/10

A really good movie, who tries to make a new form of superhero movie and completly succedes in doing it. The main characters are just amazing and it is clear to see, that Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart are finally able to use their acting skills to the highest. One low is that the story is sadly not too good and is a bit slow some times. This is though a bit done on purpose so the drama between the main characters can shine through.

All in all, great movie and everybody who likes X-men should see it just to see how these movies can be done well.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Logan - 10/10

I watched it today for the second time. I wanted to be sure before posting that I actually want to give it a 10. It's one of the best superhero movies ever (reason why I won't say it's the best is that I really love the movie Watchmen and I'm not willing to hand it over to Logan just yet).
    The movie itself is pretty amazing, it's taking you through a combination of pure action, pure comedy and pure drama scenes. It has a bit of everything, and every part is really good stuff.
    My friends that watched it 2 times aswell seem to share my opinion. We're talking Gladiator/Terminator 2 caliber here.

Also, don't bring kids here. This is not a movie for kids, when I said pure action, comedy and emotion, I meant it. It's brutal, it's sad, it's hilarious.

Deleted
    Rewatched Star Wreck: In The Prikinning for the first time in like 10 years.

Still probably the best movie relative to its budget of all time.

Deleted
    Logan 7/10. Great acting, but i didnt like the plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wailing (2016): 7/10

The lore is amazing, but everything else is kinda mediocre, overdramatized, overacted and kinda boring actually. Still, that backstory and the plot twists are making up for it.

I'm on a Korean bender, I'm gonna check out The Man from Nowhere, the Chaser, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, The Yellow Sea, I Saw the Devil and A Bittersweet Life soon after. Already seen the big hitters like Oldboy, the Handmaiden and Memories of Murder, all of which blew my fucking mind.

If anyone can rec me some other Koreans, that would be lovely. I'm also not sure if their war movies are worth it, only seen Brotherhood of War (and I quite liked it), but I have no idea what else to check out.

Rogue One 6/10

Yawn. I liked the ending though.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I clicked on this post, I was all ready to start talking about Logan and how much better that was than I was expecting. Now that I'm actually typing, I remembered that I actually saw Kong on Saturday. It was decent. I feel like I got out of it exactly what I'd expect. Not great writing, but great visually. I'd give it a 6-7/10.

Beauty and the Beast.

8/10 for my kids (middle school and teens) that went. They enjoyed it.

6/10 for me. Decent movie and I didn't feel it was a waste of time. Had some good moments and was adapted fairly well from the cartoon version so it was interesting to see that turned real'ish. There were some changes I didn't care for and it was slow in places but not a bad watch overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Saw the Devil (2010): 8.5/10

If not the ultimate, definitely one of the most intense, bloody, gripping and sickening revenge movies of all time.