Doctor Strange - 7/10

- Amazing graphics, too repeating
    - Good actors, mediocre performance
    - Stupid dialogs
    - Flat plot
    - Shallow characters

50 Shades Dumber
    1/10

1 positive point for being an extremely efficient detector if your girl is dumb or not

Personal Shopper 8/10

Surprising film. I didn't expect many of the twists it took in this moody genre blend. I did not want to know too much going into the film so I was very lite on spoilers and that paid off a lot. The premise is so ridiculous but is accomplished so damn well. It was dark, genuinely scary, thoughtful and very emotional and then it became something else. Right up to the end, the film subverted my expectations.

Stewart is very good and super watchable. The direction is also very tasteful- special mention to the editing, which was superb.

Effective film making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Logan

8/10

Well acted, but holy fuck it was depressing, Professor X hit me way to close to home.... not Batman v Superman depressing, because this still had a glimier of fucking hope in the end despite everything and actual depressing shit was happening, Unlike B v S. Also in Logan there were moments that were nice and made you appreciate other parts of the movie more (like the family stuff) that made the depressing shit hit even more. I am mixed on the tone, but overall I think they handled the tone of this movie well. It was dark and depressing, but in a realistic way and handled in a mature way.

The action was brutal as fuck, like Deadpool level, but instead of being played for "oh snaps" and laughs, it was played for "holy fucking shit....."

There were actually kids behind me in the beginning of the movie, but the Ushers figured them out and actually took them out of the movie, they did the thing! they actually got a random adult to buy them the tickets. This was literally the 2ed movie, Deadpool being the first, where I was glad the ushers were kicking out kids so they didnt see it, because holy fuck the violence was incredibly brutal.

Deadpool 9/10

Exceeded all my expectations. Dark and irreverent humor opposed to safe SNL-esque American humor. There was even a Basil Fawlty reference in there. I would have given it a 10 if the story overall was a bit more clever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - 8.5/10

Endearing characters, a surprisingly heavy story, and some great action scenes. It's been awhile since I've watched the original trilogy (and I've fallen asleep the last few times I've tried) but this may be my favorite Star Wars film. It was slick, it was diverse, it was hilarious (K-23O!), it was exciting, and it hit me in the heart. I loved it.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-03-24 at 11:54 AM.

The Wailing 9.5/10

Really good. A bit of a mindfuck; I had to go read a bit on the internet after watching to make sense of it. But it does make sense in a very cool way. Only reason I am not giving it a 10 is because it might be a bit too ambiguous.

Deleted
    These Final Hours 8/10. - Australian flick about the world ending in 12 hours and the impending doom. Since being to Australia couldn't notice the difference between the end of the world and a standard weekend in Perth with an extra dose of suicides and murders. Decent flick.

the way back 2/10 - They walked a bit, then they did some more walking, people died, the walked some more. Great film if you love walking.

Life 8/10

Saw it today was very enjoyable, there needs to be more glossy sci-fi films in space. Saw the twist ending coming 5 minutes before it happened.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Passengers - 8/10
    Love story in space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Rangers
    8/10

fuckin loved it

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassin's Creed: 5 ~ 10 It feels like there's a good movie in here somewhere.

The Slammin' Salmon: 8 ~ 10 I loves me some Broken Lizard, and Michael Clarke Duncan was just delightful. Whateva, mothafucka!
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

LotR: The Two Towers, extended edition: 8/10

Minus points for British accents and gayish mannerisms of certain characters. Otherwise very solid.

LotR: The Return of the King, extended edition: 8/10

A solid movie, but it seems they run out of the budget. FX are very bad, especially in battle scenes.

The trilogy is definitely the best fantasy screenplay ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Nice review and all but...could we maybe move past using "gay" as an insult on these boards? It's pretty juvenile, especially considering how many of the forum posters are, in fact, gay.
    I didn't mean it as an insult. (Oh god, the horror of having to read through my own post to find where I actually said the word. Thanks a lot.) You read the word too literally. Do you also think people who say lol actually laugh? It's just a term. And I certainly didn't use the word to mean homosexual.

If you (or anyone) wants an in-depth explanation then PM me. I don't think this is the appropriate place to bring up such a conversation.

Also, I sincerely doubt that anyone going to see Logan knows nothing about Wolverine.
    I mentioned in my post not to take your life experience as bias in judging a movie. 50 years from now who knows if anyone will know what Marvel even is.

It'd be like downrating Empire Strikes Back because it requires you to have seen A New Hope. You don't judge sequels as though they were standalones
    The Empire Strikes back was clearly part of the Star Wars trilogy. It wouldn't even make sense to watch it unless you watched the previous two.

Logan isn't really advertised as part of a movie series. It's not titled X-Men...And even if you consider it part of the "Wolverine" trilogy, those movies aren't even helpful in explaining the character wolverine, professor X, mutants, or anyone else.

Even if you want to call it part of the "X Men" film series, then there are nine others you have to watch. That's too big of a commitment to not subtract points for.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why him?" with James Franco and Heisenberg
    I'd rate it 6/10 pretty fun but I know I'll delete it from my brain in a week or so.

Deleted
    Spectral (netflix movie) 6.5/10
    Did not have high hopes about this when I started to watch it, thought it would be another in a long line of RetardSpecial forces with aid of underappricated super nerd saves the world with cheesy storyline, even cheesier special effects, and a list of actors I did not even recognise.

was happily supprised to see actors I knew from decent various TV shows and movies, effects that did't look like they where created by an intern, and a storyline that while compleatly impossible, was actually well executed.It was hinted at quite heavily that there would be an attack by a group of people but it never came which built up and maintained suspense for the majority of the film. Would have given it 7 out of 10 if it was not for the "A-team/Macgyver" montage towards the end were the now highly respected nerd is able to create brand new energy weapons out of a few crates of equipment they happen to save from an old base

worth a watch if you like sci fi military alien type films, not a "must see" but if you are looking for a film to watch or have a few hours free, then its worth a look.

Scorpion King 5/10
    Its got "The Rock", its got Kelly Hu wearing very little, its got "the Rock" kicking ass with obvious wrestaling moves, it's got Kelly Hu wearing just enough to stop it getting an adult rating, Acting is bad from pretty much everyone apart from principle actors, storyline is acceptable at best, oh and it has "The Rock" in it.

This film is definitly carried by Dwayne Johnson's personality and Fame from the wrestling scene, not a bad movie per se, but certainly not a fantastic film. only watched it due to the tenuous link to the Bredan Frasier Mummy Franchise, and certainly wont be watching it again. If you like the Rock, or fantasy films, then give it a shot, but be prepared to be dissapointed.

Deleted
    Death Note 1 - Live Action Movie - 7/10

Death Note 2 - The Last Name - 7/10

Enjoyed them a lot because i'm used to watching J-dramas and i love the Death Note anime.
    The quality is decent, on par with other famous J-drama series but the story was almost a copy paste of the original anime.
    The ending was different from the anime and original. Loved it.

I think the main reason why i enjoyed it so much was because i already forgot the majority of the anime so it was almost like watching it for the first time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Dentastic
    Deducted some points for the overuse of Apparition. Like, seriously. No need to Apparate to move 5 feet, guys.
    I disagree. Apparition is so cool and overpowered if it was existing in real life i would apparate for a centimeter...in fact i would disaparate and aparate on the exact same spot just becus i could...xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Hidden Figures (2016): 7/10

THE NUMBERS MASON,WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

Nah but seriously, the entirety of NASA doesn't know multiplication verification? We learned that shit during the second grade here.

Deleted
    Logan

9.5 /10