Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna View Post
    from a "realistic" standpoint, that would be strategically advantageous for the defenders... do you have any idea how easy it is to defend a single-file blind spot?
    From a realistic standpoint it would NOT be an advantage to have this open spot along the wall because you would have to use men and resources to defend it when you could use those men and resources somewhere else. YES it IS advantageous for a defender to defend a point that causes the attacker to enter single file and is covered well from ranged attack, but in a siege situation (where a wall is meant to keep people out) this is a fail anyway you look at it.

So no even realistically it is a fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    I know that... that's not the point... I already I understand the reasoning behind it and I understand the materials behind it, but the size and scope of it is a departure from the usual tauren style of low key settlements made out of skins and some timber...
    With all the events that have happened recently, the tauren would HAVE to depart from what they were used to. The Grimtotem uprising, Cairne's death, the alliance hostility, the rest of the cataclysm... despite tauren being as peaceful as they are, it's hard to stay perfectly so with what's going on.

I lold in real life honestly did not expect that at all. Good job on making a terrible wall setup seriously badly done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    And it's used as an inn in multiple tauren towns. It is a large wooden structure built by the tauren. The fact that there are bridges connecting them in one city is inconsequential.

As I said, I can't look for others, although they may just be wood floors, but a wood floor is still a fairly permanent structure even if the majority of the building is canvas.
    Once again... one building used over and over compared to several styles of tents that make up the majority of their structures which some have wood floors yes but the majority of them don't... the materials aren't the issue, it's the sudden aggressive change in their building style... it was probably driven by orcish ideas anyway... I'm done argueing the architectural habits of a fantasy race with you... its pointless in the end and I doubt you even played warcraft 3... and if you did then its obvious you don't pay much attention to the details of the game world or the backstories of the races...

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again... one building used over and over compared to several styles of tents that make up the majority of their structures which some have wood floors yes but the majority of them don't... the materials aren't the issue, it's the sudden aggressive change in their building style... it was probably driven by orcish ideas anyway... I'm done argueing the architectural habits of a fantasy race with you... its pointless in the end and I doubt you even played warcraft 3... and if you did then its obvious you don't pay much attention to the details of the game world or the backstories of the races...
    What, you think they should've made a wall out of canvas? Of course it's a departure from their "usual style". Their usual style would not have made a very good wall.

But since you've been reduced to throwing around ad hominem attacks, sure, whatever.

I know that... that's not the point... I already I understand the reasoning behind it and I understand the materials behind it, but the size and scope of it is a departure from the usual tauren style of low key settlements made out of skins and some timber...
    I think you are forgetting the huge wooden lifts the tauren put up all around their cliff-dwelling camps and towns.
    Last edited by Honeybadger; 2010-12-03 at 03:51 AM.

IT ISN'T HARD TO SAY "Okay, I was wrong".

YOU SHOULD TRY IT SOME TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna View Post
    from a "realistic" standpoint, that would be strategically advantageous for the defenders... do you have any idea how easy it is to defend a single-file blind spot?
    This gate was made for 300 of the most epic tauren soldiers

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone done screwed up building that wall.
    If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!
    Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting then you do, pal! Because he invented it, and perfected it so no living man could best him in the ring of honor.

-The Soldier

10+ Year Old Account
    So you lost the argument so you insult him....

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    What, you think they should've made a wall out of canvas? Of course it's a departure from their "usual style". Their usual style would not have made a very good wall.

But since you've been reduced to throwing around ad hominem attacks, sure, whatever.
    He just doesn't want to admit hes wrong