Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

When did night elves become such a joke?

So i've been doing lots of the quests in the new content, and I'm amazed at what a joke night elves have become, what happened to the WC3 night elf? now that was badass and cool.

Guess they had there day in the sun, just surprised dats all, and maybe a tad disappointed. Or maybe i spend too much time in Azshara and Ghostlands.

your nerd rage is about 6 years late go get laid or something(by laid go but a hooker to !#$% you)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. You'd think a ancient race of immortal warriors would be..better. Although I guess for the sake of balance we can't expect them too be too good.

They aren't immortal anymore and they haven't been for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Yeah.. You'd think a ancient race of immortal warriors would be..better. Although I guess for the sake of balance we can't expect them too be too good.
    Except they're not good at all. They haven't had any sort of political tension since WC3. And somehow they just sit back and let short lived green skins rape their forests. I don't think Tyrande has done a single thing since before WoW launched 6 years ago. Pretty lame.
    Last edited by Fatowlkinidiot; 2010-12-03 at 02:59 AM.

Isn't Mount Hyjal like.. big on Night Elf Lore?

Deleted
    Not only their forrests. Druids are getting killed and the Horde drop a bom on a city in Stonetallon and it leaves both Tyrande and Malfurion cold. Meh, guess they only seem to do something when a (demi-)god gets killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles Tails Prower View Post
    Isn't Mount Hyjal like.. big on Night Elf Lore?
    Unless you consider the demigods to be night elf lore, not really. Pretty much the entire zone is devoted to them.

Hyjal is more focused druids than on Night elves specifically. My biggest issue is that there really is no Night Elf leadership action going on at all. Tyrande sat on her throne for 6 years and hasn't lifted a finger.

They made the females dance like strippers.
    Night elves were also the only playable elf race in vanilla, and elves have traditionally been a race picked by younger or more immature people. I remember leveling in vanilla. Every town in every zone had a Night elves dancing naked on the mailbox. Sometimes 2-3 would do it.

Of course this is mostly a generalization, but much like all the quests with male Blood elves being called women, Blizz has jokingly started playing off this view.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatowlkinidiot View Post
    Except they're not good at all. They haven't had any sort of political tension since WC3. And somehow they just sit back and let short lived green skins rape their forests. I don't think Tyrande has done a single thing since before WoW launched 6 years ago. Pretty lame.
    It's quoted from the patch notes somewhere that Tyrande was able to help bring Malfurion back from the Emerald Dream. But other than that, nope, she hasn't done a damned thing which is a shame. I haven't done all of the new quests (only all of Eastern Kingdoms and some of Kalimdor) yet but from what it looks like, she doesn't get any type of credit in game for doing that.

If anything they aren't really a joke, the Blood Elves are the butt of a lot of jokes with the new quests. 2 Male Blood elves have been considered "fair maidens." Hilarious in my book.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2010-12-03 at 03:06 AM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Didn't they lose their immortality with the sacrifice of the World Tree? Leaving them mortal, but purple and with silly ears?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    They aren't immortal anymore and they haven't been for a long time.
    In Stormrage I think some crap happened and the green dragon aspect grew them a new world tree or something weird like that and restored their immortality.

Even if they aren't immortal anymore they have more war experience than any other race.. the same night elves that are fighting now fought during the war of the ancients right?

the elves made friends with the Tauren; who have the best herbs.
    -ergo-
    they don't really care that green men both little and big are destroying their homes.
    -however-
    i wouldn't mine it at all to fight some firebombing animal/earth(azeroth) liberators.
    Last edited by Tyberes; 2010-12-03 at 03:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    Not only their forrests. Druids are getting killed and the Horde drop a bom on a city in Stonetallon and it leaves both Tyrande and Malfurion cold. Meh, guess they only seem to do something when a (demi-)god gets killed.
    Take a look in the deus ex machina bag, check if there are any left
    "Things are always in a state of change or growth, what separates sentient beings from animals is restraint. If a being with sentience no longer shows enough restraint, than what is to separate said being from an animal?"
    http://madmabsmultiversegallery.blogspot.com/
    http://murlocaggrob-madmab.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    It's quoted from the patch notes somewhere that Tyrande was able to help bring Malfurion back from the Emerald Dream. But other than that, nope, she hasn't done a damned thing which is a shame. I haven't done all of the new quests (only all of Eastern Kingdoms and some of Kalimdor) yet but from what it looks like, she doesn't get any type of credit in game for doing that.
    Right. Tyrande's impact on in-game lore is as vast as Me'dan's(possibly less?)

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    In Stormrage I think some crap happened and the green dragon aspect grew them a new world tree or something weird like that and restored their immortality.

Even if they aren't immortal anymore they have more war experience than any other race.. the same night elves that are fighting now fought during the war of the ancients right?
    You are correct. Even without their immortality a Night Elf's life expectancy is rivaled only by the Dranei. So yes the current Night Elf military is bound to have veterans from the war of the ancients.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Klur View Post
    They made the females dance like strippers.
    Night elves were also the only playable elf race in vanilla, and elves have traditionally been a race picked by younger or more immature people. I remember leveling in vanilla. Every town in every zone had a Night elves dancing naked on the mailbox. Sometimes 2-3 would do it.

Of course this is mostly a generalization, but much like all the quests with male Blood elves being called women, Blizz has jokingly started playing off this view.
    I got WoW first when I was 18, picked a Night Elf Priest, and still play that toon as my main toon to this day, it has been 3 years. I chose night elves because they were closest to the elves in LotR, which I loved.

Saying immature brats pick any faction/race above others is so ignorant and foolish. Honestly. Can we all just grow up and realize, there are kids playing holy cows, there are kids playing gnomes, there are kids playing green-skins, there are kids playing space octopus-goats.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

When the cataclysm killed most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    the elves made friends with the Tauren; who have the best herbs.
    -ergo-
    they don't really care that green men both little and big are destroying their homes.
    -however-
    i wouldn't mine it at all to fight some firebombing animal/earth(azeroth) liberators.
    Ah I laughed so hard.

I think night elves lost there immortality when the well of eternity was destroyed if I am not mistaken. When the well went the benefits of it went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    When the cataclysm killed most of them.
    Hey! It's Sonic again! Hi Sonic! By the way, why didn't you go all Super Sonic on Deathwing?