Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We probs went into some sort of depression (refugees everywhere) and couldn't send us on a voyage straight away cos they are pov (stormwind)

Yes, there was an event. But it was so completely toned down from all the crying from the Wrath pre-launch event that we'll never have another interesting world event ever again. It was about as intrusive as Pirate's Day. /golfclap

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how everyone has answered a question the OP didn't ask and everyone missed the point completely.

On Topic: I think it was merely for Blizzard and ours' convenience, don't know of any in-game reasons.
    I AM FORSAKEN

Context is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "WOW THIS IS SO GAY!"

Deathwing is randomly spawning in zones and breathing very hot air on anything in the surroundings. I guess this it the transition phase, after the shattering he spreads fear around Azeroth. Main cities are slowly rebuilding and restoring forces to later on battle him.

Quote Originally Posted by etsumii View Post
    I don't know where you've been the last month, but the elemental invasion was quite an event.
    Haha quite an event, I already forgot about, that's how boring and dull it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrispy View Post
    I like how everyone has answered a question the OP didn't ask and everyone missed the point completely.
    I like how everyone answered the question. Will there be another event? No. The one they gave us was it. There's nothing else, professions, zone related, or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    That's not what I meant.

Today, we can't go to Mt. Hyjal or Vash'jir. There's nothing on the Hero's Call Board today. But next week, there will be. What's changed between today and next week?

EDIT: And I know that they have to release the expansion, time for bug fixes, etc. I'm talking within the game.
    There is nothing, that's just because Blizzard chose to release the content before the expansion, essentially ruining the "Okay, the fight happened, we recovered, now we're out there."

I believe they handle what you're looking for in the comic book, which is a pretty shitty way to handle in game lore if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    There is nothing, that's just because Blizzard chose to release the content before the expansion, essentially ruining the "Okay, the fight happened, we recovered, now we're out there."

I believe they handle what you're looking for in the comic book, which is a pretty shitty way to handle in game lore if you ask me.

well, you just cant put the same amount of lore in the actual game. thats why the book is a better medium to tell it then a actual game. its the same with lord of the rings or other stuff.

Arthas attacked the Horde and the Ally cities and we all went to war with him yet we couldn't go to Northrend until the expansion actually dropped.
    Demons came pouring through the Dark Portal and the Argent Dawn beat them back but we still couldn't go through the portal until BC actually dropped.

If you're looking for some kind of lore reasoning behind us not going to the new zones yet, sorry!

Honestly - no there will not be any "post-shattering" events going on. The only thing that happens next week is they click on all the cata specific things.

They could have just as easily waited until 12/7 to do the shattering, however with the player base they have now (and expected returns) its more efficient for them to deploy the shattering ahead of time to be as smooth of a transition into allowing Cata to be playable - God help us on Blizzard's definition of "Smooth" though.

Dont expect anything for post shattering other than constant server restarts and many, many bugs - Although i suppose you could call that a "post-shattering event", a trial of our patience! All other xpac's have been plagued with constant rolling server restarts and headaches. Although, nothing specific to Cata will change to "push us in the direction of Hyjal or Vash", It'll just be on the board as a - HEY we need help over here now kthx.

So in a summed up way, nope, dont expect anything else to happen. Enjoy doing your dailies now for the next 4 days then LEVEL, LEVEL, LEVEL, LEVEL, LEVEL!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the OP :

Nothing will happen ingame to explain why and how...N-O-T-H-I-N-G. No Events at all before the 7th december. In fact, Blizzard feel that the previous elemental invasion and the shattering is enough to explain everything.

So Get over it.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    So Get over it.
    Where exactly did you read any sort of upsetednessity on my part if there isn't an event? I was simply asking.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    For the OP :

Nothing will happen ingame to explain why and how...N-O-T-H-I-N-G. No Events at all before the 7th december. In fact, Blizzard feel that the previous elemental invasion and the shattering is enough to explain everything.

So Get over it.
    kinda wrong, Hyjal and the emerge of ragnaros is explained in a few zones if you read all the quests, especially the thorium brotherhood quests.

havnt discovered the other reasons yet tho.

Deleted
    For the people who dont have English as their first language, or perhaps do but just arent well read, post means after, so he isnt asking about what happened before or during the shattering, he is asking what might happen after it.

My own opinion is nothing will happen we will just simply be able to go to the new zones, but there may well be one big final earthquake that reveals the entrance to the new zones.

Deleted
    Make one yourself, get a guild or raid of people to hyal or any other zone and start an open war

Quote Originally Posted by cydri View Post
    For the people who dont have English as their first language, or perhaps do but just arent well read, post means after, so he isnt asking about what happened before or during the shattering, he is asking what might happen after it.

My own opinion is nothing will happen we will just simply be able to go to the new zones, but there may well be one big final earthquake that reveals the entrance to the new zones.

oh you mean after the shattering? so...right now? ....

maybe you should read your own post before you go on and try to teach others.

what OP means is the release of the Cataclysm content.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadros View Post
    kinda wrong, Hyjal and the emerge of ragnaros is explained in a few zones if you read all the quests, especially the thorium brotherhood quests.

havnt discovered the other reasons yet tho.
    That is a good point, Malfurion does depart Darkshore for Mt Hyjal. Maybe he's just setting up camp, and his request hasn't reached the Call Board yet?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    That is a good point, Malfurion does depart Darkshore for Mt Hyjal. Maybe he's just setting up camp, and his request hasn't reached the Call Board yet?
    The Deepholem zone is explained in its own small chain after you reach 82. and so is tiwlight highlands. i have no clue about the sunken city and uldum tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadros View Post
    oh you mean after the shattering? so...right now? ....

maybe you should read your own post before you go on and try to teach others.

what OP means is the release of the Cataclysm content.
    No point trying to be pretentious with me mate, the fact that the majority of people replying cited the elemental invasion as the event is what I was talking about, maybe YOU should read some of the posts instead of trying to be so anal. I am well aware the OP means what will happen just prior to the 7th, infact if you read all of my post, which I admit is a little long at two short paragraphs, you would see that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    What I'd like to know is whatever happened to Rommath and Benedictus? Weren't they supposed to be revealed as traitors?
    i Guess its gonna happen later in Cata OR Blizz dropped it like the Twitligth highland alliance intro event.....

we will be sure in a couple of months thought.
    Last edited by Zanardam; 2010-12-03 at 04:06 PM.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......