Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I need encouragement!

Two months ago, I decided to take a break of WoW until Cataclysm. But now, this long break made me wonder if I really want to come back to WoW. I'm playing many other games like BFBC2 or COD : Black Ops and I'm having a lot of fun with them online. Now I also remember that I had a lot of fun when I was playing WoW too, but when I think about it, I was just doing a rotation, farming for hours, learning each classes' abilities for arena, etc (<-- and it's expensive, I could do something else with those 160 bucks/year.) It doesn't seem as fun as an strategy FPS (bfbc2) to me. But I also want to explore the new world, do the new quests, and it may seem weird, but I also already miss my WoW friends when I'm playing video games.
    So half of myself want to start playing WoW again, and the other half doesn't.

So tell me guys, what do you love the most about Cataclysm or WoW in general? It there something that you find really awesome in this game?

Thank you

It's 100% your decision. You sound like you've already made up your mind and nothing we say will change that.

I find the part that it hasn't been released yet awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Yepp, thats not a choise anyone can make for you tbh..
    Oh, btw.. What exactly could you do with those extra 160 dollars a year? WoW is in all fairness as cheap as decent entertainment can get

10+ Year Old Account
    I did that and took a break from WoW.

Best thing is to give it a try, and perhaps not to aim to jump straight back into the farming routine you had. Right now the 1- 60 levelling feels real fresh, and if you have only played 1 faction, perhaps try out the other as it honestly does feel like a fresh new game.

Big fan of Black Ops, and Bad Company 2 I use to keep in touch with my mates I used to live near. So i play them all casually, one night il spend on CoD, couple of nights on BC2 to have a laugh with mates, then quite a lot of time on WoW seeing as my GF plays it too.

In terms of what im finding awesome, is for the first time im not concentrating on only high end raid, actually taking the whole game in and having fun levelling, yes at 85 il be raiding a lot, but again on off days i wont just linger around IF.

Having played since Vanilla, right now would be a good time to at least give it a shot. I would give it few months of Cata, and if you find yourself bored and drained from it, or the game too much feeling like a job or a chore, then by then you can just call it quits hopefully in time for Battlefield 3!!!
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Don't play wow.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick note, wow is an ever expanding game, those 160 bucks a year is not much for what you get in return for them. Now you pay for 1 new fps, play it out to its full, and get bored of it. This means you will have to buy a new game, and I think that most likely, you would spend more than 160 bucks a year getting new games. I'm not saying this is fact, but it's what would happen to me Anyways, Good luck choosing, I for one will play cata, and continue playing it if I find it enjoyable!

Best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

do what you want man, either way you'll be on some sort of video game.

I agree with the others. $15 a month isn't bad for entertainment. All in all though, you have to make your choice yourself. Does the pros (Friends, new levels, etc) outweigh the cons (Boredom, farming, etc)? If so, go for it. If not, don't. Simple as that

For me, I'm still on the fence. There isn't much appeal to me right now to purchase Cata. I didn't have a lot of true friends in WoW and those that I did, I keep in contact with. For me, Cataclysm would mean getting to 85, then standing in the cities again as I wasn't a big fan of PvP and a hectic schedule makes raiding hard for me. In other words, not too appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teerack View Post
    Don't play wow.
    You know.. I used to think you were cool, Sonic....

Like, during the 90's you used to teach kids all kinds of cool things!

lol@ "and its expensive"

first how much is XBOXlive?
    second how much was CoD:BO and BFBC2?
    third, how long do you play them before you buy another game that costs just as much?

10/mo (I think?)
    60$ each (I think)
    ~3months (thats what most console games lasted for me)

120$+120$+160$ = 400$

yes clearly the 160 you spend on wow a year is the more expensive option, hell lets even add in 40$ for cata this year... oh jesus, 200! fuck that save your money and stick with console games.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you own an Xbox 360, lets do some math. 60 bucks + tax lets just say, 68. 68 x 2 + 1 year of Xbox live = 204 Dollars. Yes 160$ is a lot more than 204$. Kind of off-topic but that bugged me.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    If you own an Xbox 360, lets do some math. 60 bucks + tax lets just say, 68. 68 x 2 + 1 year of Xbox live = 204 Dollars. Yes 160$ is a lot more than 204$. Kind of off-topic but that bugged me.
    lol ^^

play for cata then abruptly quit next spring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlakand View Post
    Two months ago, I decided to take a break of WoW until Cataclysm. But now, this long break made me wonder if I really want to come back to WoW. I'm playing many other games like BFBC2 or COD : Black Ops and I'm having a lot of fun with them online. Now I also remember that I had a lot of fun when I was playing WoW too, but when I think about it, I was just doing a rotation, farming for hours, learning each classes' abilities for arena, etc (<-- and it's expensive, I could do something else with those 160 bucks/year.) It doesn't seem as fun as an strategy FPS (bfbc2) to me. But I also want to explore the new world, do the new quests, and it may seem weird, but I also already miss my WoW friends when I'm playing video games.
    So half of myself want to start playing WoW again, and the other half doesn't.

So tell me guys, what do you love the most about Cataclysm or WoW in general? It there something that you find really awesome in this game?

Thank you
    Well i wish I could encourage you but i wont, dont start with WoW if you dont feel like it, its better to not play.