Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by winterpie101 View Post
    Damn, best stash them away in the bank for a few days then.

Getting a ban is the last thing I want a few days before cata!
    it doesn't matter if they're in the bank, they can still find them and ban you for having them

How would Blizz know if you bought them or recieved them through other means. I mean Iam not completely sure they might be able to track wheter you did or not but I doubt they can. And assuming that if they see it they will guess off the bat you got it through other means i.e game exploits. Which will catch you a ban.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    ...having them in your bank is the same thing as wearing them. they are in your possession. you can and will still be banned
    Oh stop it. He's doing nothing wrong if he just has the items in his inventory. Hell I got some of the Cata leather off the sharks that are by Menethil Harbor the other day, it has been hotfixed, the leather was not removed. Blizzard isn't going so far as to ban someone for *having* it. That would hurt their sales as people would be angry and could cancel their Cata orders, I don't doubt it. Stop trying to scare him.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Araatan View Post
    So, what about the people that have the 85 blue items from Justice points? Will they get banned for having Cata items? No. I don't see what the big deal is if you bought them.
    Yes they will, seeing as you cant buy them untill you are lvl 85.

Anyway OP you could get banned, but most likely they will just remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Souper friend View Post
    Some people have found a glitch that allows them to enter zones not yet available. They then grind mobs til they get some green drops and sell them on the AH. so if i were you, i would get rid of that gear. or at least not wear it till cata. Because it is definitely stuff blizz does not want people using until the launch.
    If they cared so much that they would ban someone for "unknowingly" buying gear that is not "obtainable" yet they would just not set in a loot table for the mobs that you "can't" get to. As for the people farming the greens yeah they could get in trouble for exploiting the game but as for those "unsuspecting" buyers they would not get in trouble since for all they know it droped in RFC with the new loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    How would Blizz know if you bought them or recieved them through other means. I mean Iam not completely sure they might be able to track wheter you did or not but I doubt they can. And assuming that if they see it they will guess off the bat you got it through other means i.e game exploits. Which will catch you a ban.
    Every transaction is logged. Particularly auction house listings and sales. If Blizzard investigates they can see exactly how and when you got any item you have, and if it was sold on the auction house, who sold it.

the worst thing that can happen to you = 24 hours ban. I doubt they will do that though. Most likely they will delete items at best. Honestly they have a lot of other issues, i doubt they are going to even do anything. Just my opinion though. I know a lot of people who were farming these items - they all got 24 hours bans.

Just want to clarify that I didn't farm the items myself I merely bought them from the AH after noticing multiple listings.

Anyway I decided to delete them now and hopefully that will be the end of it!