Enhancement Shaman with Unleashed Weapons

Looking at unleashed weapons

Question: Has anyone with beta simmed to see if WF/FT is still the way to go or could it be possible WF/WF is back??

Next thing, which i could probably find the answer to and is probably a repost, which of the statements below is right. The 50% damage or the 125%. If this has been addressed well oh well not really the main question i was wanting answered just figured I would throw it in.

Unleash Elements unleashes the power of the shaman's weapon enchants for additional effects (see below). A dual-wielding Enhancement shaman will activate the effects of both of their weapon enchants. Unleashed weapon is instant cast with a 15-second cooldown, and a 30-yard range. It is undispellable.

wowwiki/wowhead
    * [Windfury Weapon] – Hurls a spectral version of your weapon at a target, dealing 50% weapon damage and increasing the shaman's Haste for the next five swings.
    * [Flametongue Weapon] – Deals instant Fire damage and buffs the shaman's next Fire attack by 20%.
    * [Earthliving Weapon] – Heals the target slightly and buffs the shaman's next healing spell by 20%.

or i have seen on wowhead and wowwiki posts under unleashed weapons since the actual tool-tip doesn't address individual imbues
    * Windfury Weapon: Hurls a spectral version of your weapon at a target, dealing 125% weapon damage and increasing the Shaman's melee haste for the next five swings.
    * Flametongue Weapon: Deals instant Fire damage and buffs the Shaman's next Fire attack by 20%.
    * Earthliving Weapon: Heals the target and buffs the Shaman's next direct heal by 20%.
    * Frostbrand Weapon: Deals instant Frost damage to a target enemy and reduces their movement speed by 50% for 5 sec. Increased in effectiveness if the target is already afflicted by a movement-slowing Frost effect.
    * Rockbiter Weapon: Forces the target enemy to attack the Shaman for 5 sec.

was this a previously stated amount that got nerfed?

Anyways these are questions I have.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by widgett View Post
    Looking at unleashed weapons

Question: Has anyone with beta simmed to see if WF/FT is still the way to go or could it be possible WF/WF is back??

* Windfury Weapon: Hurls a spectral version of your weapon at a target, dealing 125% weapon damage and increasing the Shaman's melee haste for the next five swings.
    * Flametongue Weapon: Deals instant Fire damage and buffs the Shaman's next Fire attack by 20%.
    125% weapon damage is correct for WF.

I assume WF/FT will be best because the secondary buff from WF will not stack with itself.
    Last edited by Space Troll; 2010-12-04 at 03:22 AM. Reason: cut unneccessary stuff out :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by widgett View Post
    Well, Levva and those who do the theory-crafting and make the SIM haven't made it for level 85 yet, since there are still some questions about some numbers and scaling. So it aren't even possible to SIM it yet.

But on the question if they are going to bring back WF/WF, are most likely a deficient no.

Since there are still the internal cool down and windfury and flametongue support lava lash, which are being buffed though searing totem, which are being buffed from the spellpower from flametongue. Keeping WF/FT just simple provide a much stronger synergy to the gameplay for the class. And if it somehow turns out that it becomes better to use dual windfury or dual flametongue, Blizzard had already stated, they they wil take action to change and prevent it from being the way to go, since it aren't the design philosophy of the mechanism.

Signature by Elysia
    "When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph."

WF/FT will remain the way to go. Beta parsers put FT at 12-13% of our damage vs 9-10% for WF. Also, the UE-FT effect is hits a lot harder than the WF effect. In fact, early theorycrafting points to us eventually using FT/FT unless Blizz steps in.

Right now you should assume that WF/FT is the way to go. You don't gain the benefit from 2x haste buffs from double WF, as Adocul stated. Currently those that are doing the testing/simming and such are iffy about FT/FT with a caster Main Hand. However, Blizzard said they do not want this (Enh using caster weapons) and (again) the secondary effects do not stack.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    WF/FT will remain the way to go. Beta parsers put FT at 12-13% of our damage vs 9-10% for WF. Also, the UE-FT effect is hits a lot harder than the WF effect. In fact, early theorycrafting points to us eventually using FT/FT unless Blizz steps in.
    That's wild. Is this the reason that some enhancement shaman were using caster weapons? GC won't let that happen lol.

I just like to pvp so I'm hoping they give Unleash windfury a buff again. I'm still stuck between frost brand and windfury.

The 70% slow doesn't look that appealing and we already have two other ways to slow someone without frostbrand.

I do pretty great without frostbrand it really doesn't help as much as i'd like to believe and I like the unexpected burst windfury gives and the faster maelstrom procs.

I had suggested on the official forums to give shaman a stun similar to deep freeze. That we can only get from Unleash frostbrand while frost shock is applied.
    Not as long as deep freeze but 2,3,4 seconds would be pro.
    Last edited by Meklol; 2010-12-04 at 09:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meklol View Post
    That's wild. Is this the reason that some enhancement shaman were using caster weapons? GC won't let that happen lol.

I just like to pvp so I'm hoping they give Unleash windfury a buff again. I'm still stuck between frost brand and windfury.

The 70% slow doesn't look that appealing and we already have two other ways to slow someone without frostbrand.

I do pretty great without frostbrand it really doesn't help as much as i'd like to believe and I like the unexpected burst windfury gives and the faster maelstrom procs.

I had suggested on the official forums to give shaman a stun similar to deep freeze. That we can only get from Unleash frostbrand while frost shock is applied.
    Not as long as deep freeze but 2,3,4 seconds would be pro.
    well 70% slow is one thing second is 10% more dmg with spells, including LL, when frostbrand is aplayed to target from frozen power talent, deep freze is diferent cd and its only stuning in pvp and doing dmg on boses our UE is doing dmg, slowing, giving haste or incresed fire dmg so ading stun to that would be overkill in my opinion, expecially with 15 sec cd where DR is working on 20 sec timer

we have stun alredy, that can be controled by macro, from feral spirits it could be just changed to 5 sec and only from 1 wolf instead of 2+1 sec like its now, to avoid trigering 2x Dimnishing Returns on one target.
    its ofcorse just my opinion

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"