Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling 80 - 85 time ?

I have question about how long takes get to 85 lvl from 80 in ./played value . Levling method: hardcore questing but slowed by mass rush ofc. I dont play on beta so i cant imagine how long its takes in easy conditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive heard 10 - 11 hours played but I wasn't in beta so i'm probably way off

i have no sources but i heard something like 35 hours on average, 11 hours for like the first 2-3 levels but the last 2 are very very time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erunn123 View Post
    i have no sources but i heard something like 35 hours on average, 11 hours for like the first 2-3 levels but the last 2 are very very time consuming.
    Eleven hours for the first two levels? Not even close. Maybe an hour or two per level. At 82 it slows down bigtime, maybe three or four hours per level.

The whole thing will probably be more like 18-20 hours or so.

I think that I have picked up the general consensus on these threads ends up being around 20-25 hours,

From what I've seen (approx. time played in hours)...

Hardcore / Normal / Casual:

80 to 81 - 1.5 / 2 / 3
    81 to 82 - 2 / 3 / 4.5
    82 to 83 - 4 / 4.5 / 6.5
    83 to 84 - 5.5 / 7 / 9
    84 to 85 - 7 / 9.5 / 12

Total - 20 / 26 / 35

Again, this is an average of what I've seen (without heirlooms or any exp bonus of course).
    EDIT: This is from a questing stand point. I don't know how doing instances would affect these times.
    Last edited by sidelsky18; 2010-12-04 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post
    Again, this is an average of what I've seen (without heirlooms or any exp bonus of course).
    EDIT: This is from a questing stand point. I don't know how doing instances would affect these times.
    there will be no heirlooms for some time so... that would be it..dunno if they will find a better way this time aswell

Taken me around 12-13 hours on beta as a rogue to get to lvl85 without knowing what to do. Plan on going for Realm First 85 Rogue as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by sidelsky18 View Post
    From what I've seen (time played in hours)...

Hardcore / Normal / Casual:

80 to 81 - 1.5 / 2 / 3
    81 to 82 - 2.5 / 3 / 4
    82 to 83 - 4 / 5 / 6.5
    83 to 84 - 5 / 6.5 / 8
    84 to 85 - 7 / 9.5 / 11.5

Total - 20 / 26 / 33
    Im not 100% sure on this but i dont think their is a huge differnece in the experience from 83-84 and 84-85 at least not enough to make a 2 hour difference. Also i found twilight highlands to be a easier zone to quest in ( In the beta) compared to Uldum which was a huge pain in the ass, partly because it was buggy but also it didnt flo as well imo.

Its roughly 2 hours for 80-81 and 81-82 (each) and ~5 hours a level after give or take 20minutes depending on speed. I feel like 19 hours is possible.

And to the poster above about being able to do it in 12 hours the Beta had increased leveling speed at least in the later stages thats why you could do like 40 quests in a zone and ding compared to 100 which you should have, also guild perks and heirlooms in beta gave crazy xp gain so dont bank on being able to do this live.
    Last edited by tamlus; 2010-12-04 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Added more info
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

15+ Year Old Account
    9 hours give/take for hardcore players. I don't have a screenshot etc, but people in my guild on the beta were getting it in this time.
    Things to take into consideration:
    -They wasn't guilded for the exp buff.
    -There was much fewer people leveling at that time.
    -They buffed the exp req for 84-85.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

20 or 30h it all sounds extremaly fast if compared to 70-80 lvl in wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by RustyDran View Post
    Taken me around 12-13 hours on beta as a rogue to get to lvl85 without knowing what to do. Plan on going for Realm First 85 Rogue as well now.
    it cant be that easy, i suppose you were just doing quests in regular order?
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Err... those numbers are way too high. If you're good at leveling 80-82 will take 2-3 hours, 83 will take another 2-3, 84 will take 3-4, 85 will take around 4-5. 20 hours or more to go 80-85? Talk to someone who played Beta. The consensus on leveling speed is simple: It flies by fast. Don't be surprised when realm first 85s start popping up around noon Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Naposim1337 View Post
    it cant be that easy, i suppose you were just doing quests in regular order?
    It isn't that easy. EXP requirements and mob damage/health have both been buffed a lot since people were completing 80-85 in less than 15 hours. I can MAYBE see doing it in 15 hours now, but probably not with the huge influx of people who will be leveling when Cata drops.

I'm extremely happy it will only take 20 ish hours to hit 85, i won't have to die trying to get server first druid.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

i dont expect it to take too long because its only 5 levels but im not too sure, most of the posts above mine seem like they would be correct

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Err... those numbers are way too high. If you're good at leveling 80-82 will take 2-3 hours, 83 will take another 2-3, 84 will take 3-4, 85 will take around 4-5. 20 hours or more to go 80-85? Talk to someone who played Beta. The consensus on leveling speed is simple: It flies by fast. Don't be surprised when realm first 85s start popping up around noon Tuesday.
    Depends on when the people you talk to started beta testing. It was very fast early on, due to different experience requirements and low competition, but near the end of beta it slowed down a lot due to the constant influx of new players and the adjustments to experience needed per level. Also, beta copies tended to start with a lot of rested experience.

20-30 hours? The first guy to 80 ( Athenelol ) used 15 hours wich was 5/6 hours infront of everyone else. 20hours seems extremly fast as that is almost what it tok to get to 70-80. I guess the first 85 will use around 25hours, the casuals around 35++

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Struffi View Post
    20-30 hours? The first guy to 80 ( Athenelol ) used 15 hours wich was 5/6 hours infront of everyone else. 20hours seems extremly fast as that is almost what it tok to get to 70-80. I guess the first 85 will use around 25hours, the casuals around 35++
    The first guy to 80 cheated and his realm first was removed.

Even though some people the world firsts etc can get to these levels in 20-30 hours, even with speed leveling it still took most people around 9-10 days when Wotlk first came out. Just because the most hardcore person can get there in 20-30 hours doesn't mean your going to also. Prepare for 5-6 days of leveling in cata, don't prepare for 20-30 hours, you'll be throughly disappointed. =|