Poll: Whne did YOU start playing World of Warcraft?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    I started a month after TBC came out. How I got into it was that I won the game and 3 free months in an online contest. Started out alliance for a year then went horde and stayed there ever since. To be honest, I loved the game when I started out but now i've actually grown to hate it. It's a long story that i'm not going to go into, but the only thing keeping me from quiting is the few friends i've made ingame.

It surprises me how many people played in vanille

I bet they're just lying kids who want to join the 'cool club'

Deleted
    I started a month or so prior to TBC, so mid December 2006.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing Jan 20th 2005...and the rest is history as they say

I started during TBC and hit 70 just as Sunwell was released. Thinking back I was a total noob. Now I've got 9 80s between Horde and Alliance. Don't think my 10th is going to make it by Tuesday

vanilla, just before tbc

I started a few days before TBC launched on a brand new server and its till listed as a starter server >.>

I started toward the middle of vanilla but i didnt do any pve till burning crusade. I rlly enjoyed vanilla pvp Alterac valley seemed much more fun back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    bout 2 months after TBC was released. managed to hit 70 really late (2 weeks pre-wrath) due to some Uncle Sam business sending me elsewhere for a while
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started playing about two months after TBC came out. I still remember it taking forever for me to level my warlock because I didn't know where anything was at.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started mid-BC. I was level 68 when Wrath of the Lich King lauched.

During WotLK I spent much time playing twinks.. I spent around.. many gold on it, which I could have used on my main >.<

But I still raided a lot, thinking it was EPIC, which it was, but it was special for me during Naxx and Ulduar, because it was so new to me. Never got to raid during BC.

Now I don't play twinks anymore and have a very good geared pre-main, a good current main and 3 well geared alts.

I am looking foward to Cataclysm I enjoy the mess in the new zones and all that stuff. It's social and funny, seeing in the start of WotLK I leveled in Borean Tundra and there was a million other players doing the exact same quest as I was, so I almost had to camp a mob xD

I remember I found a blue mail shoulder BoE and linked it in /1 along with a message, followed by thousands of "GZ!" and "How much?"'s.
    It was epic :3 I hope there will be the same amount of paople and everybody having fun!

EDIT: Hmm.. after reading my own post again, I can see that it actually hasn't anything related to the thread xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    Off Topic: Post 337!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, thanks to all who voted and an even greater thanks to those who commented.

**<POLL IS CLOSED>**
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.