Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It's been on mmo champs forums something like 10 months ago i've been using it since. great thing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pixartist View Post
    the only way to locally reduce latency is either a new (better) different network driver or tweaking windows settings. Everything else is fake bullcrap.
    That's exactly what this does. Not sure where the hostility came from...

This is old
    It worked well for me when I used it ages ago though, so I would highly recommend it if you have not tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetapuppy View Post
    This really is one of those things everybody should know about, Warcrafter or otherwise; it affects the network adapter itself, not the game, so your overall Internet experience is improved.
    It does nothing to the network adapter, it changes the settings of the Windows TCP stack.

Also solved my problems If the read the text on the wowinterface page it explains quite well how it works, and it does do the job it says on the tin

Thanks for the info, even if it is "old".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickleh View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be new mods about to ban people for trying to boost their post counter?
    Ironic.

On Topic: Cousin showed this to me a while back, works great, dropped my latency 200 MS.
    I AM FORSAKEN

Context is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "WOW THIS IS SO GAY!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sickleh View Post
    Wasn't there supposed to be new mods about to ban people for trying to boost their post counter?
    like your post? lol...

ill give this a go, thanks for sharing

Wouldnt this also increase the amount of upload bandwidth things use while you access the net however? If you are increasing the frequency of ACK packets sent out, you are going to be using more Upload, which may cause complications for people with certain types of networking plans?

I mean, sure, people with big cable connections probably wont have to worry, but it might be something worth noting.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Wouldnt this also increase the amount of upload bandwidth things use while you access the net however? If you are increasing the frequency of ACK packets sent out, you are going to be using more Upload, which may cause complications for people with certain types of networking plans?
    Nah, it's completely insignificant regardless of your plan.