Going arms till second tier in catacylsm?

Hello,

My question is simple and for those who took part in Beta.

I have read that it's not possible to reach the hit cap (27%) during the first tier of raiding in Cataclysm - feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Considering how hit rating effects our rage generation and thus DPS as fury warriors - would it be wise to go arms till the hit cap is reachable?

I'd love to see some numbers and posts with good information.

- I am a fury warrior and this question is for pve content
    Last edited by selo000; 2010-12-04 at 08:19 PM.

Ghostcawler posted that as you progress through the tiers of content, you will need more hit to maintain hit capped against the bosses. So in the first tier of content you will need 27% hit to cap, but in the next tier, you might need 30% to cap. They haven't said exactly how much it will scale, so we don't know what you will need to be hit capped for the second tier of content.

I remember reading that it is not possible to 27% cap at level85 - which is the hit required to cover raid bosses for at least the first tier (don't have an idea about the required hit increasing as we move along)

Am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by thepineapple View Post
    Ghostcawler posted that as you progress through the tiers of content, you will need more hit to maintain hit capped against the bosses. So in the first tier of content you will need 27% hit to cap, but in the next tier, you might need 30% to cap. They haven't said exactly how much it will scale, so we don't know what you will need to be hit capped for the second tier of content.
    fyi, he was speaking about the rating per % would go up, the actual % you need will stay the same.

so we need more hit rating then we need at lvl80 but still 27%. yeah i know that

is there anyone who understands me?

I don't think you understand him. To draw a parallel: if WotLK had used Cata's hit/exp system, you'd need, say, 100 hit rating to be hit capped against Kel'Thuzad, 125 to be hit capped against Yogg, 150 to be hit capped against Anub, and 175 to be hit capped against Lich King.

Well i dont know but Paragon's dps Warrior (on beta raid testing) was fury.. SMF it seems. Was like #5 on damage meter.

Dont worry, we'll know soon enough which one is best =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragstheposter View Post
    I don't think you understand him. To draw a parallel: if WotLK had used Cata's hit/exp system, you'd need, say, 100 hit rating to be hit capped against Kel'Thuzad, 125 to be hit capped against Yogg, 150 to be hit capped against Anub, and 175 to be hit capped against Lich King.
    Thats a great analogy!

I am likely going arms unless fury is shown to be leaps and bounds better, which to be honest, is totally possible. 85 raid data as arms is extremely limited at the moment and no one knows to what degree colossus smash and 85 gear will save arms dps from its current state. Time will tell, but on paper, it's not a bad idea, if for no other reason than that it's just frustrating to have all of those white misses without a very high hit rating as fury.

I considered it, but I love Fury far too much. I'd rather go through the trials of the struggling Warrior looking for more Hit than play another specc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenna View Post
    fyi, he was speaking about the rating per % would go up, the actual % you need will stay the same.
    This. He always spoke about the amount of hit rating to achieve the %, meaning(to give an example) if 8% hit rating is 300, in the next tier to achieve 8% the hit rating you would need is 400 instead of 300. That's how GC always explained it.

And about achieving the 27% hit rating cap, dunno but I saw tons of warriors achieving that, they had to pick like tons of gear with hit, reforge and a couple of gems really. Not that impossible. But while a warrior fury is stacking hit rating, an arms warrior is stacking crit or other stats that increase damage output. So yeah probably first tier Arms will be top and maybe second fury will catch up. But I expect both doing something nearly the same damage.
    Last edited by sixx; 2010-12-07 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragstheposter View Post
    Are you 100% sure about this? I don't remember seeing this anywhere..

Is there a blue post that I can see to verify this?

Quote Originally Posted by selo000 View Post
    Are you 100% sure about this? I don't remember seeing this anywhere..

Is there a blue post that I can see to verify this?
    He was just giving an example of how it would work in wrath terms.

For each content level the required amount goes up.

They amount of hit you have at level 80 (say 700) is not enough to be hit capped at 85. You might have to have say 900 hit to be capped at 85.

That is just an example to illustrate a point.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.