Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You know what they give mages wands, you want a wand also? How about a shield you want to be a warrior now? If you want to be like every other class choose a different class. Not everything has to be the same. Two out of the three specs have a self heal, given that previously only one had it I'd say we're better off now than before.
    Read closely. He said that he doubted that Blizzard would implement a heal for PvPers. I refuted that by bringing up rogues, which were given a self-heal for PvP.

I typically argue against homogenization, but when something actually affects class balance, it can become a necessity. Look at Gladiator statistics over the past 8 seasons. Hunters are the least represented class 5 out of those 8, and are either second or third to last the other three. I fear that these problems will be exacerbated in a PvP environment that favors endurance over burst (ie Cataclysm).

Our class has always had the highest skill-cap to play competitively, and I'm okay with that, but when you have such massive disparity between classes in high-level representation, it's time for a change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    OH stfup. noone cares if SV have or does not have self healing. If you want to moan some more go to freaking offical forums and aks devs why SV does not have self healing.

But dont come back after 2 weeks and say how all class are the same and homoganisation of classes sucks.

just gfto
    what the...

Quote Originally Posted by Feralferal View Post
    No.
    You're wrong. The evocate glyph is only 40% now, and while it's far from worthless, it's a class with a pretty minute heal. It's very easy to interrupt, you're very vulnerable while getting it done, and it's on a 4 min cooldown. It's not a word of glory that Mages can just pop and gain significant health, they really need to be aware of when they're using it. It means that mitigating/avoiding damage is what's important, not healing through it. Hunters are good at that. Albeit not quite as much as a very good frost mage, but that's why you have partners in arena/BG's.

Survival is to survive long enough to kill your opponent, hence epic cooldowns like mirrored blades, loads of cc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm View Post
    You're wrong. The evocate glyph is only 40% now, and while it's far from worthless, it's a class with a pretty minute heal. It's very easy to interrupt, you're very vulnerable while getting it done, and it's on a 4 min cooldown. It's not a word of glory that Mages can just pop and gain significant health, they really need to be aware of when they're using it. It means that mitigating/avoiding damage is what's important, not healing through it. Hunters are good at that. Albeit not quite as much as a very good frost mage, but that's why you have partners in arena/BG's.
    2 minute CD if Arcane (though why any mage would be anything other than Frost right now I haven't a clue). Polymorph --> Evocate isn't hard.

Deleted
    I think Hunters should have a 'Second Wind' talent like warriors. "Whenever you are struck by a Stun or Immobilize effect you generate 10 Focus and 2% of your total health over 10 sec."

This would greatly help hunters in PvP combat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    stop whining will ya

If you are in a desperate need of a heals as a hunter use healing pots.
    i agree with this poster but i am gonna say this...u must be bad player if u find yourself taking damage as a hunter unless u are in pvp if its pve MD the pet stay back and burn it quickly and carry some health pots..

Health pots aren't usable in Arena/Rated BGs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfrosty View Post
    Health pots aren't usable in Arena/Rated BGs.
    i know this was just saying thats the only way i can this OP can be taking damage as a hunter

Survival...as in : "Haha have fun trying to survive you little shit."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by archelios View Post
    Survival...as in : "Haha have fun trying to survive you little shit."
    ahahah u my friend scored +10 internet points that made me laugh

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages can also spellsteal heals onto themselves and have great mobility and shielding (I play Arcane in PvP). All of you saying "Lol l2p, hunters don't take damage" have obviously never done a BG. Hunters are essentially a free HK for me, and are susceptible Dots seeing as how they have no heals. Hunters were lame in PvP to begin with, now they have the least healing available which will make them even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRetnolds View Post
    Mages can also spellsteal heals onto themselves and have great mobility and shielding (I play Arcane in PvP). All of you saying "Lol l2p, hunters don't take damage" have obviously never done a BG. Hunters are essentially a free HK for me, and are susceptible Dots seeing as how they have no heals. Hunters were lame in PvP to begin with, now they have the least healing available which will make them even worse.
    If you can kill a hunter in a BG just because of DoTs the hunter isn't to blame. His healers which are not doing their jobs are to blame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If you can kill a hunter in a BG just because of DoTs the hunter isn't to blame. His healers which are not doing their jobs are to blame.
    im gonna agree with this poster above me as I being a hunter i would rather focus on my damage to my target and my surrounding area then having to focus on heals IE that is why we have healers..

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 05:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRetnolds View Post

u my friend have yet to come across a good BM hunter..as a fellow bm hunter i do good against mages i do love mages that know their class

SV Has better control and Defense depending on how you manage Wyvern / Silencing comparison also when you do control via traps you get this pretty thing called Lock And Load that when managed correctly wrecks + if you really think 5% is that significant there is a problem.