Page 1 of 2
LastLast

XP Boost at the start of cata?

So, my guild has this idea. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that it'll work before we waste our time.

The idea is to do 25 dailies and turn them in once you can level again on tuesday.

I've heard from numerous sources that this is do-able. What I'm thinking about is heirlooms... technically theyre set for 1-80... but I think that still means at 80 you can get your 25% XP boost if you put your chest, shoulders and ring on and turn in the quests. 25 quest turn-ins with a 25% xp reward boost would be a great little jump start before leveling in hyjal. Does any one think this will work?

They disabled this already. They caught it in the beta.

Deleted
    nop thay wont work from 80+ ut there are some 83+ new herilooms

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    So, my guild has this idea. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that it'll work before we waste our time.

The idea is to do 25 dailies and turn them in once you can level again on tuesday.

I've heard from numerous sources that this is do-able. What I'm thinking about is heirlooms... technically theyre set for 1-80... but I think that still means at 80 you can get your 25% XP boost if you put your chest, shoulders and ring on and turn in the quests. 25 quest turn-ins with a 25% xp reward boost would be a great little jump start before leveling in hyjal. Does any one think this will work?
    Been a blue post if not several that state that they stop working as soon as you hit 80. They do not work while being 80.

Deleted
    The heirlooms work TO 80 if im not mistaken, this will remove their extra xp gain thing on 80-85

Blue have said, IIRC, they won't work for 80-81. Turning into quests, however, will.

You can turn in the 25 quests for exp but the exp boost from the heirlooms wont work. Blizzard said that the exp boost stops the moment you ding 80.

Yes you can turn in 25 dailies as soon as Cataclysm is live.
    No you will not get an xp bonus. BOA gear stops working the second you hit 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melvinoo View Post
    nop thay wont work from 80+ ut there are some 83+ new herilooms
    You have to be friendly with your guild then you can get the heirlooms...or was it honored?...hmmm... and those heirlooms cost 350g which is the cape and the helmet. 10% helmet 5% cape.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Incorrect, somewhere I remember reading from a blue that they had FIXED this and that it would only reward you money.
    Hail Lord Bjor!

Quote Originally Posted by MythDanish View Post
    Incorrect, somewhere I remember reading from a blue that they had FIXED this and that it would only reward you money.
    This was on the front page the other day. You have, in the past, been able to turn in dailies/quests on release date to get an experience boost before, and Blizzard said they aren't about to change that. The heirlooms will not work though.

Quote Originally Posted by MythDanish View Post
    Incorrect, " I remember with BC it was attempted to be curbed to some extent, but there's no intent to do so now."

Source:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8407?page=2#24

The heirlooms are based on the characters level and max out at 80.

The 25 Dailies will work fine, not some dailies don't give experience such as fishing, cooking, weekly raid etc.

Here is a question. How can you be sure when to start handing in your dailies?

Should have an alt in SW/IF waiting to see the honor board pop up, while my main waits at hodir to hand in dailies?

Or is there going to be some message server wide stating cata open?

Quote Originally Posted by Thwomp View Post

Should have an alt in SW/IF waiting to see the honor board pop up, while my main waits at hodir to hand in dailies?

Is it 00:01? Then relog if your XP hasn't shown up and get going.

im pretty sure that the last patch nerfed the xp reward (and subsequently money reward) of level 80 dailies (much like they did with isle at the beginning of wrath) very hard. i wanna say half of what they were. the first quest you complete in hyjal will give a substantial amount more.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Hierlooms work for 80-81? No.
    -Blizz said, as the tooltip indicates, the xp boost works until level 80, not level 80.999

Will 25 quests turn in work if done before the release of cata? Yes.
    -Blizz confirmed this by saying they have allowed it in previous xpac's and have no intention of changing it. From the Beta video's i've seen 25 dalies will get you about 40% of your first level. (level 80.4)

Turning in 25 quests= 40%ish boost towards 81. Wearing heirlooms does not effect this past 79.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwomp View Post

My plan is to be just outside of the AT grounds towards the back right next to the cultist mobs and then kill them around the launch time until i get exp for it.

servers go offline before 12, come online at 12, log in and you can hand them in
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me