Poll: Wich one should I tame?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Should I tame Chromagus or Princess Yauj?

I'm one of those hunters that want to have the coolest looking pets with them at all times but I also care about what pet would boost my dps

so I know these two look cool but i can only have one out at a time should i head to BWL and tame Chromagus (two headed dragonhound)

Or princess yauj (Silithid collossus)?

Both look like something I wouldn't get rid of.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I won't comment on which looks cooler, Chromaggus is a core hound and therefore a ferocity pet, which has the highest DPS potential out of the three families. Added to that is the fact that core hounds 'racial' abilities include Ancient Hysteria (aka bloodlust), he'll be good in dungeons.

The silithid abilities are the priest fortitude buff and a web- Good for pvp, not really raid or dungeon DPS increases. Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Generally they'll end up doing roughly similar DPS (Core Hound could edge out Silithid slightly depending on crits for Go for the Throat), so look at the buff. You're about equally as likely to need Bloodlust as Fortitude, so get both in my opinion and have them both in your Call Pet list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    While I won't comment on which looks cooler, Chromaggus is a core hound and therefore a ferocity pet, which has the highest DPS potential out of the three families. Added to that is the fact that core hounds 'racial' abilities include Ancient Hysteria (aka bloodlust), he'll be good in dungeons.

The silithid abilities are the priest fortitude buff and a web- Good for pvp, not really raid or dungeon DPS increases. Cheers!
    Though a Silithid can be good in dungeon and raid since it provide the priest buff, if there is not any priest in your party/raid. Also the web ability is actually good on certain bosses, at least in ICC Saurfang, since it cast automaticly web on a blood beast, and that is always good. :]

But as 3clipse stated, it´s good to have both with ya, since you can fill in any roll with them. Missing shaman? Bring out the houd! Missing priest? Bring out the mother bug! Reason why it´s nice being hunter now. :]

Go for Chromaggus trust me you wont regret it =)
    Silithid's may have priest buffs but don't forget about Core Hound's Ancient Hysteria ie 30% Heroism

10+ Year Old Account
    Get both? You have 25 slots so if you're on the verge of filling them all then Chromaggus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

how can u tame lvl ??? bossmobs as a hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    how can u tame lvl ??? bossmobs as a hunter?
    Tame Beast. Just like everything else.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

as fare as i remember there is a restriction , taming beasts only up to player´s lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Indeed, got a warning from a GM for naming it "KurtCobain". I found it funny.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Indeed, got a warning from a GM for naming it "KurtCobain". I found it funny.
    Hehe, I still haven't got a good name for mine. Headcrab could be one, but not sure yet...

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 06:13 AM ----------

as fare as i remember there is a restriction , taming beasts only up to player´s lvl.
    Well at least atm there isnt.

could just go with hive controller if you want a sillithid, has a nice brain showing with flames, which made it odd finding him under water

Chromaggus just looks awesome imo. But get them both if you have the space as people have already said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brimson View Post
    could just go with hive controller if you want a sillithid, has a nice brain showing with flames, which made it odd finding him under water
    Flames? I don't see falmes in mine.. Just a huge red glow from his brains.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Flames? I don't see falmes in mine.. Just a huge red glow from his brains.
    Look closely in that glow....There are flies
    Don't punt me bro!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntabletank View Post
    Look closely in that glow....There are flies
    There is red glow and flies. But no flames as the guy brimson said :P

You have 30 Pet Slots. Core Hound does more damage due to being ferocity. Silithids well no real usage aside from the buff in raids, which PW:Fortitude, Commanding Shout are both better and Warlocks can give an equivilant. Umm yeah tame both it only takes a few minutes I personally don't like either of the models.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bosses are different in that they don't have a "hard" level. ??? means it scales to your level +3, for the purposes of determining Hit Chance (And I believe some other things but not sure).
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

bosses have a hard level. and thats either 60/70/80 or 85. and because there bosses. they have the hit/defence skills of +3.
    other wise i would bring my lvl 1 for a boss fight and solo the crap out of him(let it clear by a 80/85 first:P