10+ Year Old Account

Post looking past tuesday and into the future of WoW: timeline for the next major patches

I'm curious to see when and what we will get in the major patches after the 7th. i know Abyssal Maw is coming sometime relativly soon, as is FireLands. if memory serves, FL is slated for 4.1. i looked over at wowwiki and AM is going to be a 5 man dungeon. i always got the impression(when they first announced it) that it would be a raid. oh well, thats not the point.

here is my very very very rough timeline of the next couple of patches:

abyssal maw patch: mid-winter aka january-february
    FL patch: im gonna guess late spring early summer. would be fitting to be battling a firelord in the start of summer.

please add more to this list. just dont "omgudidntthinkofthisorthatufukinnoob" and we should all be ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Believe that CoT War of the Ancients is confirmed for 4.2.....

and id be willing to bet money that Deathwing is 4.3

10+ Year Old Account
    well i do know they dont want us sitting around as much as we did in wrath. and they will be "trying" to get patches out much quicker. i also just read further into FL and AM and it seems that FL will be out before AM. or maybe at the same time.
    EDIT IN: seems wowwiki says FL and AM will arrive at the same time/same patch. makes sense since they were working on both for release.
    Last edited by randomone05; 2010-12-05 at 01:41 PM. Reason: more infoz

Deleted
    well looking at how blizzard have been releasing patches and their new strategy of releasing lots of smaller dungeons and raids as opposed to 1 huge raid ever 6 months, i wouldnt be surprised if we saw maybe maybe 5-6 raid and dungeon patches (i.e 1 raid and 1 5-man) across the space of 18 months.

if not maybe 3-4 patches with 2-3 smaller raids in each and a 5 man.

i think FL and AM will be released as one as this seems to be in keeping with blizzard's current strategy of patch release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktomato View Post
    well looking at how blizzard have been releasing patches and their new strategy of releasing lots of smaller dungeons and raids as opposed to 1 huge raid ever 6 months, i wouldnt be surprised if we saw maybe maybe 5-6 raid and dungeon patches (i.e 1 raid and 1 5-man) across the space of 18 months.

if not maybe 3-4 patches with 2-3 smaller raids in each and a 5 man.

i think FL and AM will be released as one as this seems to be in keeping with blizzard's current strategy of patch release
    i think ur pretty much dead on. the lack of content in WoTLK really struck a blow to their subs(most likely). seems they know that they cant go without any new content for a year like we did in LK. and no, i dont count RS. that was a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    i looked over at wowwiki and AM is going to be a 5 man dungeon.
    Just in case you haven't heard, check out http://www.wowpedia.org - most of the WoWWiki editors moved there.