View Poll Results: should there be a mmo-champion app?

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • yes

58 78.38%
  • no

16 21.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyYouKnow View Post
    So I could read all the QQ on this forum? No thanks.
    Says the guy QQ'ing about the QQ....QQ

I just think that having an app would format better I have an iPhone 4 and it loads pretty quick but you still have to resize and move and for slot if people who check it often would just be a nice tool

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Regarding a better and optimized "theme" for browsing MMO-Champion on smartphones, see this thread. I personally can't see the use of an "app". You can use a RSS reader for notifications of new news posts.
    vB 4.1 includes mobile api's and they already have an iPhone app, so might make the work a fair bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by masanity View Post
    Why not? Same reasons Fmylife and Texts From Last Night have apps, it's easier to send just the updated info rather than load the whole site. Yeah smartphones handle mmochamp pretty well, but I wouldn't mind a little app that just showed the latest updates/patch notes. Then if I wanted to read forums I'd go on the site itself.
    There's already an app like that. It's called Twitter. Just follow mmo-champion on that and you get all the news you want

I am on my droid right now!

Everyone knows it's a pain in the ass to click on little links on a touch screen, and the only alternative is to zoom in on everything to the point where you can't see the whole page.

I would love a MMO-App.

There's no need for an App, besides, it's not like it's an easy-to-build program unless you are willing to develop an App for probably multiple system OS'es I don't think they are hungering to have one either.
    There are plenty of cross platform applications out there. It's just a little wrapper for this website. It would take me a hell of a long time, but a WoW enthusiast that is good with code (sure there's one or two of em :P) could make one in a not-too-ridiculous amount of time. With the insane amount of Addons for World of Warcraft, it's amazing that no one has come up with an app for a mobile phone yet.

There was really no need to bump this thread at all considering the amount of threads in S&F on this topic. Closed.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions