Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

We do like harder content!

Hey!

I am abit worried, together with alot others, that Blizzard will nerf Cata Heroics and Raids alot after a few weeks. If to many baddies (not casuals!) QQ cause they don't want to move out of the fire, I guess Blizz might do this. Therefore I think we need to give them the positive feedback aswell!
    I'm pretty sure I will like it tougher. I loved that in TBC. And if this is the case, I'm gonna show Blizzard that. If there's only whining, they might nerf. But if there's alot of positive feedback aswell, I guess they won't. So all who wants the Cataclysm content to stay as hard as it is, show it! Show Blizzard that we like it so we don't end up in another AOE-fest!
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

QQ always get Blizzard down, sadly. We can expect to AOE lol through it all at some point.

i agree completely, the harder the content the funner. Sure there may be some whining and frustration for constant wipes but after a month or so people won't have terrible gear anymore and more people will know the fights, which will still be challenging, but not too easy. So it'll be fun learning the new fights while they're difficult, and when people actually know what to do the mechanics of the fights will still be fun

Happened before and will happen again. Blizzard will choose QQ over common sense and hit the subject with the nerfbat. Although I hope they will retain somewhat of a hard fight in the middle of all the wellfare. LK 25m heroic for an example, still a toughie even with the 30% buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK so you are telling us they are nerfing instances/raids whatsoever, please give us an example of a so called nerf?
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

10+ Year Old Account
    They could just you know make a Super Heroic mode for you fags who complain that shit is too easy, then us regular players can stick to Heroic content
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-12-05 at 04:36 PM. Reason: User was banned for this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Can we just have a giant homeless person city where they can live and we pay for modest housing while they do unskilled laborous jobs to help subsidize the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

You thought wotlk was too easy? Well then show me your Alone in the darkness, Anub HC or LK HC kills. If you think cycling with training wheels is too easy here is a protip: take them off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algore View Post
    OK so you are telling us they are nerfing instances/raids whatsoever, please give us an example of a so called nerf?
    The dragon event in Grim Batol. Before their HP regained if you didn't kill them on the way, but now their HP stays at the amount you hit them without killing them.

I think that it's grand when it's hard or easier. Although I personally prefer something that's very hard for a bit, not too hard or too easy.

I doubt Blizz would nerf the heroic any more. Some were nerfed for a bit, and the raids should stay the way they are.
    Last edited by Bassch; 2010-12-05 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    QQ always get Blizzard down, sadly. We can expect to AOE lol through it all at some point.
    Yeah, it's called over-gearing the content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hmm...if QQ gets Blizzard down..shouldn't we see rock hard raids and heroics in Cataclysm, because the amount of "We want harder content, LK was faceroll" topics are a wave of QQ to match any tidalwave? In fact, there are much more "Gief harder content NAU" topics than "PLX NERF!" topics.

People love to brag how much they want real hard stuff...strange that most guilds broke up over said hard content (hint, Muru, hint)
    Seriously, the most annoying and most whiny group right now on the boards are the wannabe hardcores.

"TOO EAY WAAAAH"
    "LOL WOTLK BABIES WAAAH"
    "I HATE SCRUBS WWAAAAH"

"The dragon event in Grim Batol. Before their HP regained if you didn't kill them on the way, but now their HP stays at the amount you hit them without killing them. "

And how do you know that wasn't intended in the first place? And beta is beta...............things change so don't call them nerfs all of a sudden.

10+ Year Old Account
    The causal players will just have to deal with the fact, they have to pay attention and deal with there blue items. Maybe even get an epic or two from raiding with a PuG and such.

Deleted
    in my oppionion, it doesn't show the content is hard or not, with achivments like Alone in the Dark, Anub HC etc.
    Content could be hard, if you have to CC some trash, even in 5 mans, without losing DPS and the CC Target...
    I think it would be nice, if we have to CC more then wotlk... I don't need AOE everything down - target after target is the
    new way to kill trash packs - hopefully...
    There are so many nice skills, that lost in wotlk, like spellsteal or all of the silences...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassch View Post
    The dragon event in Grim Batol. Before their HP regained if you didn't kill them on the way, but now their HP stays at the amount you hit them without killing them.

I think that it's grand when it's hard or easier. Although I personally prefer something that's very hard for a bit, not too hard or too easy.

I doubt Blizz would nerf the heroic any more. Some were nerfed for a bit, and the raids should stay the way they are.
    That wasnt a nerf, it was a bug or actually the dragons reset if you didnt kill them which wasnt intended.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    They could just you know make a Super Heroic mode for you fags who complain that shit is too easy, then us regular players can stick to Heroic content
    So you're saying that if content is nerfed because players that lack the competency to better themselves (like you I assume), a super hard mode should be made. Why not just have the shitty players stick to normal modes? Cause we all know eventually you're going to ask to nerf the super hard modes cause they give out better gear.

I like the heroic model. It gives us harder content, without preventing people from seeing the raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninji View Post
    You thought wotlk was too easy? Well then show me your Alone in the darkness, Anub HC or LK HC kills. If you think cycling with training wheels is too easy here is a protip: take them off.
    this, lol. i love all the complaining, despite the fact wotlk had a lot of the hardest fights in WoW history. sure everyone has them now, but link the ach when the content was current.

who cares if dungeons become a face roll over time.. as long as there is hard content in raids people should be happy.

itd be nice if blizzard released some 5 mans over time with hard difficulty until we outgear it though.

difficult content is only fun until you've mastered it. then it's not fun if you're wiping on it anymore. i think myself, and many others found it quite enjoyable to be able to take a fresh 80 alt into faceroll heroics and get gear relatively quickly to be raid ready. as long as heroic 5 mans are challenging at first, and raid content is also very challenging. i'll be a happy cataclysmer.
    Last edited by Frostetc; 2010-12-05 at 04:22 PM.

I would have to say, nerfing the heroics would destroy the entire design of cata. The entire experience is set up at a higher difficulty level, it would imo break the game. The entire point of the xpac apparently being (besides deathwing wrecking everything) to address some of the issues that were apparent in WotLK, heroics being to easy, uneven raid content, easy tier skipping etc. They cant possibly be worried about money anymore, also I dont think people will quit, BC was harder than WotLK. People (The ones termed "baddies") just did easier things, which I couldnt figure out but hey its their 15$ a month. If they want to farm mounts or run karazahn every week of an xpac in full kara gear cheers. Im apprehensive a bit myself because I know having played the beta, if they nerf, Im going to lose a LOT of interest and I really like this game.

PS there was a blue post stating that they will be releasing 5 man content alongside new raid content, it will give casual players and "baddies" something to do. Hell theres plenty of people on my realm that havent even done a raid, they are fine with whatever gear they get from dungeons and stand in trade all day talking nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    HAHA by regular people, you mean those of you who couldnt get LK til the 30% buff.. LMAO.

We dont play more than you, we just play better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxia View Post
    I would have to say, nerfing the heroics would destroy the entire design of cata. The entire experience is set up at a higher difficulty level, it would imo break the game. The entire point of the xpac apparently being (besides deathwing wrecking everything) to address some of the issues that were apparent in WotLK, heroics being to easy, uneven raid content, easy tier skipping etc. They cant possibly be worried about money anymore, also I dont think people will quit, BC was harder than WotLK. People (The ones termed "baddies") just did easier things, which I couldnt figure out but hey its their 15$ a month. If they want to farm mounts or run karazahn every week of an xpac in full kara gear cheers. Im apprehensive a bit myself because I know having played the beta, if they nerf, Im going to lose a LOT of interest and I really like this game.

PS there was a blue post stating that they will be releasing 5 man content alongside new raid content, it will give casual players and "baddies" something to do. Hell theres plenty of people on my realm that havent even done a raid, they are fine with whatever gear they get from dungeons and stand in trade all day talking nonsense.

there is a TON of stuff to do without raiding. sounds like you're trying to make the "casuals" look like idiots. i stopped raiding 3 or so months ago because my brain was numb, and just started doing ach's, farming mounts, gold, running old raids etc. and I have probably had more fun than when I raid. and I haven't even scratched the surface of what there is to do yet. i'm discovering so much shit i didn't even know about.

i almost right now want to be a casual in cata, and focus more on making the new starcraft 2 league. because i've been having so much fun without raids. but i know inevitably i'll get dragged to raids by someone, and i'll get hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    I am abit worried, together with alot others, that Blizzard will nerf Cata Heroics and Raids alot after a few weeks. If to many baddies (not casuals!) QQ cause they don't want to move out of the fire, I guess Blizz might do this. Therefore I think we need to give them the positive feedback aswell!
    I'm pretty sure I will like it tougher. I loved that in TBC. And if this is the case, I'm gonna show Blizzard that. If there's only whining, they might nerf. But if there's alot of positive feedback aswell, I guess they won't. So all who wants the Cataclysm content to stay as hard as it is, show it! Show Blizzard that we like it so we don't end up in another AOE-fest!
    Amen. I hope we don't see any important nerfs any time soon. Maybe the clueless (I am sure a lot of us have run into fury warriors using 1-h weapons in WotlK, etc) should use their forums' time to learn about the game instead of posting to ask for nerfs. Additionally, the bad players can actually focus on improving and becoming good ones, it's not hard to play decently, is it?
    Then again, Cataclysm gives enough incentives for decent guilds to accept new players into their ranks and hopefully help them improve and point them towards useful info on the net.