Wotlk raids/dungeons

I started playing this game during the launch of Wotlk. I managed to reach 80 towards the end of Naxx's life cycle. I enjoyed raiding to a low level, I had to do quite a lot of work and couldn't commit properly too it.

However I would not consider myself a bad player. I was one of the best tanks in my guild and in most PUGs I seemed to do better than the other tanks.

But I, and many others, have been labelled as being poor players. I played with a lot of vanilla and BC veterans and they were no better than the Wotlk joiners that we had. So what do you have over us? An inflated ego based on the amount of your life that has been sucked into this game.

TLDR: Stop generalising "Wotlk scrubs". Its intolerant and often just wrong.

EDIT : Oh and this is in this bracket of threads because I so often see threads in here complaining about "Wotlk scrubs".

why is this in the cata forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    why is this in the cata forums?
    Moved.

The generalization nowadays, as far as I see anyway, appears to be more "DKs are bad and if you play one as a main your a nub" than "If you started in WOTLK your bad and a nub." That was 2 years ago that you started at WOTLK, where some DK mains are 2 months old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Don't kid yourself, OP. People have every reason to be concerned with "WotLK scrubs;" there would be fewer threads if this was not the case.

That said, there are plenty of good WotLK-starters, and it sounds like you are one of them. But these stereotypes will prevail as long as there are people who fit them, so you'll probably have to get used to it.