Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Cataclysm will start hard, but it won't stay hard.

Everyone who started after WotLK came out will cry about the difficulty, and come patch 4.1, nerfs everywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.
    Actually WoTLK was pritty easy when it was released and was ourgeared rather quickly.

Only issue that you had at start of Xpack was chance of ooming, nothing more really.

I've been scared about that too, but only light I see at the end of the tunnel is that they really won't be able to get away with making everything faceroll, as 2011 is probably going to be the first year in WoW history where they're going to have real competition. If they continue to nerf and make everything easy, Star Wars and GW2 wins, nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine1 View Post
    Source?
    Common sense.

Casuals are the bulk of WoW's playbase = Casuals make blizzard the most money = Blizzard keeps casuals happy so they continue to pay and play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Everyone who started after WotLK came out will cry about the difficulty, and come patch 4.1, nerfs everywhere.
    Seeing you have infinite knowledge of the future could you tell me the lottery numbers please?

Deleted
    Did you pull that bullshit out of your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.X View Post
    Actually WoTLK was pritty easy when it was released and was ourgeared rather quickly.

Only issue that you had at start of Xpack was chance of ooming, nothing more really.
    That seems to be exactly what the OP is saying: that people who started with WotLK were coddled, and that Cata will be way harder, for a short while.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata will become easy the same way Wrath did: When we're a patch or two in and can get raid-level gear by farming heroics, and therefore outgear the heroic by a ton. THAT is why Wrath heroics are ridiculously easy now, and that's why Cata heroics will probably end up being the same thing in a few months when we get Patch 4.1.

Deleted
    I'm looking forward to Cata being harder than what WoTLK brought to the table after TBC got the nerf bat. I'm going to try and power through the levels, so I can experience what the lvl 85 heroics will be like before the amount of complaining that will be happening from those that came into WoW with WoTLK and of course Blizzard falling to the whine and nerfing all the encounters.

Cataclysm will start hard but wont stay hard... thats what she said

That's what she said.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by wayne62682 View Post
    Cata will become easy the same way Wrath did: When we're a patch or two in and can get raid-level gear by farming heroics, and therefore outgear the heroic by a ton. THAT is why Wrath heroics are ridiculously easy now, and that's why Cata heroics will probably end up being the same thing in a few months when we get Patch 4.1.
    This is why I hope (and I have read somewhere that it infact is the case), that they will make damage taken from abilities and stuff bosses do, not on a number base but more on a % of hp base.

This way stuff will never become faceroll.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    most players started before.

majority vote :<

In responds to the title - So what?
    That's a very common problem, it's no big deal. Loads of people have it.
    It happens to everybody once in a while.

Everything seems hard in the beginning regardless of what expansion it is, keep in mind freshly hitting the level cap and likely having quest gear without enchants is going to greatly reduce the ability to survival dungeon and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Common sense.

Casuals are the bulk of WoW's playbase = Casuals make blizzard the most money = Blizzard keeps casuals happy so they continue to pay and play.
    Not all casuals want an easy game. I rather enjoy a challenge

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care anymore,I'm just going to enjoy cata, if its easy or not.
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    This is why I hope (and I have read somewhere that it infact is the case), that they will make damage taken from abilities and stuff bosses do, not on a number base but more on a % of hp base.

Except they won't ever do that and I can tell you why: Progression.

Blizzard wants people to progress through content, if they made everything basically just as difficult throughout the expansion, what would be the point of obtaining new gear?

Blizzard already said that with each new content patch there will be new 5man heroics introduced that will be obviously higher difficultly than previous ones. So while the starting Cataclysm heroics will become "faceroll" there will be new ones that will challenge some players.

Why do people keep judging the whole games difficulty around 5 mans?

So what if we out gear 5 mans in a couple of months, it doesn't matter at all as long as raid content is difficult.

No they will never do that because then gear becomes pointless. When will people understand heroic 5 mans are not the games main endgame content?