Deleted

Buying a new pc (need some tips on this system)

Oke, end of this year i wanna buy a new computer. But since its been a while since read on about all the new types of processors etc. i was wondering if this setup is any good to play wow on.

Model: Cooler Master Elite 335 - 500 Watt power suply - Midi tower
    Processor: Intel Core i7 860 - 2,80GHz - 8MB
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    Hard disk: 1TB - SATA - 7200rpm - 32MB
    Optische drive: Dual Layer DVD±Rewriter
    Graphics controller: Asus GeForce GTS450 - 1024MB - PCI-E - DVI HDMI

These are the main ingredients i hope some of you can give some advice on. There is a bit of room here and there to upgrade some things if needed. Like i donnow what is better, a gforce or a ATI Radeon? Is the CPU good enough? (Not rly formiliair with all the new CPU types)
    Oke, hopeing on some nice feedback where needed Tnx.

i5-760 is currently the best value for money Intel processor for gaming computer. i7-860 you picked is slightly better future proofed but mostly just costs extra. GTS450 is fine for WoW, but it's bit low end for generic gaming computer. You should swap the CPU and spend some of the money saved into better graphics card. 500W PSU from CoolerMaster might be borderline running the new system especially if you're planning on overclocking at some point, and you should get 600-650W from some reputable brand (Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, OCZ) instead.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I agree with vesse, drop down to an i5 760, then move to a GTX 460. You or if you want to spend a few dollars more, feel free and go to a Radeon 6870, which should keep you in a close relative budget.

If you're going to go with Coolermaster for a PSU then go with their silent pro line, its the only decent PSU out of Coolermaster.

Like the others have said, roll with an i5 760 for the best bang for the buck. If you're going to go with an i7 I'd try to aim for the 930. Personally I'd stick with the i5 though and use the extra cash to grab a better video card.

As for the graphics card, save up a bit more money and get a better one. Bottle necking the whole rig around a sub-par graphics card is a real kicker. GTX 460, Radeon 6850 are both good; GTX 470 (unlocked 465) and Radeon 6870 will both give you more head room for future games and overclocking ability.

Deleted
    Mhm nice feedback guys. or i was thinking of going for this system (i know its a dutch site, but the specifications can be read by a english person i think )

http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Computer...570-1GB/307555

and then ofcourse upgrading the graphic card. Hope the 450w power suply is good enough then.

450W is borderline for any more powerful graphics card. It will probably work depending on how good/bad quality the PSU is.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    450W is borderline for any more powerful graphics card. It will probably work depending on how good/bad quality the PSU is.
    ye was thinking of getting a http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Componen...ION,1GB/299057 plus 550W power suply. on this system http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Computer...570-1GB/307555 Would set me back 900-925 euros. Assuming its not to bad of a price.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 12:39 PM ----------

Btw its more so i can run the occasionally 25 man....and running the game on max details incl shadow quality atm im on a intel dual core 1.8Ghz. Got most of the details on max, but in 25 mans it just doesnt run as smooth as i would like to see do it.
    Last edited by mmoce815deeade; 2010-12-06 at 11:40 AM.