Deleted

Fan made [Dark Ranger] Class

-Dark Ranger-
    Weapons: Bow, crossbow, 1h sword, dagger, 1h axe, Polearm, Stave.
    Armor: Leather.
    Starting level: 75-78.
    Starting zone: Quel'thalas (Right before the Scourge invades).

Story start: You start as one of the high elven rangers under Sylvanas' command. You are sent around to collect reports all over what is, in present time, the Ghostlands. At your last stop you notice that the report has been hastily written, it seems like the writer was in a hurry. There is blood everywhere, and tracks leading away. Your insticts tell you that you should report this directly to Sylvanas, but feel you should take a quick look if there are any survivors. Using you're skills as a skilled ranger you discover something very foreboding, the dead is coming towards Quel'thalas! And in an army unlike anything you've ever seen. You see survivors admist then, beaten to a blood pulp. Before them you see a daunting figure, a man dressed in horrific armor, black and terrifying visage, white sickly hair, horrific grin. A necromancer beside him speaks. You use your elven ears to listen to what they're saying:
    - Lord Arthas, here and the captives that managed to live through our scouts attack.
    That figure must be Prince Arthas! he who murdered his own father and destroyed Lordaeron.
    -Tell me the entrance to your lands, elf!, said the terrible figure that is Arthas.
    -You will never enter Quel'thalas, fallen prince! The woods themselves protect our borders and our enchanted elfgates protect our capital!
    You must now hurry to your lady sylvanas to report the news! The undead are marching!
    Upon arriving to Sylvanas and delivering this message, she imedietly set her forces moving. She instructs you to lead an attack on the dead station around the vecinity.
    Upon completion, Sylvanas tells you her scouts has discovered the location of a few of their leaders, and orders you to take a small force to eliminate them. Upon taking out each of the four leaders you were sent to kill, one of your force of rangers are killed with each leader.
    When you return alone to Sylvanas, she is terrified that the price for this small victory was so big. But nonetheless she prepares you for the final battle of this stage. The goal here is to defeat them, however that will horribly fail when Arthas joins the fray.
    Forced to fall back, Sylvanas yells the retreat. Now in bigger numbers the undead forces quickens and becomes more relentless. In a series of quests you are to retrieve the three mooncrystals. But alas. at each one you are too late. Arthas is already there and there is no way you can kill him on your own. The undead forces are tireless and never stop, they increase pace and you decrease. They increase in numbers, yours is dwindling. You arrive at what used to be your base camp, it has been destroyed. The undead forces are moving fast. You need to catch up with Sylvanas forces or you're doomed. Using your knowledge of your homeland you use a shortcut and arrive at Sylvanas' base before the Scourge, but just barely.
    Attacks have begun and the final defense of Quel'thalas is upon you. Sylvanas orders runners to be sent to Silvermoon for reinforcements, you are ordered to protect them. But you are unable because the Scourges numbers are too great. The runners all die, as the last one breathes her last breath, a terrible scream is heard from Sylvanas' base. You rush to aid you're mistress, and arrive upon a scene more horrific than anything you've yet seen. Arthas with his terrible and powerful blade Frostmourne has pierced Sylvanas. Her skin is pale, her mouth and eyes screams of eternal agony, but she's not screaming. Sylvanas is able to speak now, just barely.
    -Kill me now! I deserve.. a clean death...
    - After all you've put me through woman, the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death...
    - No! You wouldn't dare!
    (The circumstances regarding her turning into a banshee could be different depending on how Blizzard would want it, if on the spot or later in a ritual. I prefer the ritual. So that's what I'm gonna do.)
    Screaming she tried to resist the ghouls carrying her almost lifeless body away, but to no avail. Her will was now broken. She knew her fate.
    But you! You decide to try a last desperate attempt to rescue your mistress. Rounding up what survivors you can find throughout the woods, you rally them and attack the building where they're keeping Sylvanas.
    But alas, you arrive to a trap. Arthas was waiting for you all along, and he has plans for you all. With no effort he captures you all and strings you up onto the walls, where you are forced to watch when he turns Sylvanas into a banshee, a horrible creature's twisted form of the soul of the once noble Ranger General.
    Arthas laughed, a cold chill running down your spine. He let's you know that this is you're fate now. To serve the Scourge for all eternity. Painfully he drains the last remnants of your life and you awake as a Banshee of the Scourge. The atrocities you commit are nameless, horrible things.
    Years pass and you've regained your free will, risen in the Forsaken ranks to that one of Sylvanas' advisors and now finally time. Now as a banshee it's the time when Arthas has been killed, and the Forsaken has grown strong and their power in lordaeron has increased rapidly since the Lich Kings Death.
    As a trusted advisor, you are now given the glory of re-entering your own body. Sylvanas has given you the chance to prove your real worth within the Forsaken.
    The ceremony is beautyfully decorated with skulls and banners of the Forsaken. Ontop an altar lies your body. Sylvanas asks you up to it. She tells you to possess it as you've always done to lesser beings, and to prepare for the worst.
    Upon completing this part, a cutscene is activated, showing you your re-entry to your body. It's painful and almost overwhelming, but you are strong, and the presence of your Queen empowers you. Finally coming to your senses you rise up, torn clothes cower most parts of your torso and your legs. A dark ranger veteran approaches you with something wrapped in a black cape. Unveiling within the cape lies your bow, still blessed by the sun by the elders of Silvermoon so long ago. Taking it up burns your hand, but feelings are beyond you now. As it is now, it won't obey you. With the aid of Sylvanas and the other dark ranger present, they bless your bow with new powers, and you instill a portion of yourself into the now dark blessed bow becoming one with it.
    Now that the ceremony is complete and you are now a novice dark ranger in the Forsaken, Sylvanas has the perfect place for you to show your skills. She has had reports from Garrosh that all able bodied soldiers of the Horde, and with that the Forsaken also, to report either to Commander Thorak in Bladefist Bay off the coast east of the Dranosh'ar Blockade in Dorutar. Or to report to Cenarion Emissary Blackhoof in Orgrimmar.

As you would guess this is where your intro quests ends, and you begin reek havoc as a newly reborn Dark Ranger.

Dark Vengeance: More or less like rage, but tied into Shadow Power. Gained by using certain abilities. Can be used for utility spells.

Shadow Power: Works similar to paladins Holy Power, but as said above, is tied with Dark Vengeance. This will build up and eventually you will be able to use one of your ultimate ability gained from choosing a talent specc.

As stated above Dark Vengeance is like rage, gained from using abilities and Auto-shot. When enough DV (Dark Vengeance) has been obtained a spell called [Store Power] will be available, this will diminish your DV with a set amount and store one SP (Shadow Power)

Basic Shadow Power Spell: [Black Arrow] Cost: 1 Shadow Power - Instantly fires off a black arrow full of shadow magic dealing
    50% / 100% weapon damage, the arrow will leave and effect empowering the individual talent speccs main spells. (see individual speccs to see what it does with them)

Talents:

- Demonic [Utilize your demonic abilities to drain your opponents and destroy their souls and let them relive your horrid nightmare]
    Main spell: [Drain Soul] Cost: 1 Shadow Power - Does damage equal to 100% weapon damage / Shadow Power.
    (If the Black arrow effect is on your target, your drain soul will fire again with 50% effiecency, no matter how much Shadow power you had when you fired the drain soul.)

- Necromantic [Use the dark arts of Necromancy to turn your arrows and abilities into raising the dead to fight for you]
    Main spell: [Plague Arrow] Cost: 1 Shadow Power - Does damage equal to &#3? % / &#4? % attack power. The arrow delivers a plague to the target, if the target dies while the effect is present, a black soldier rises to fight with you. If the effect is dispelled, you will summon two black soldiers to fight with you. When the effect wears off on it's own you have 20% / 40% (per Shadow power) chance a black soldier will spawn from it.
    Duration: 18 seconds. Cooldown: 24 seconds.
    (If the black arrow effect is on your target, your dark soldiers will become empowered if they are summoned, while you have that target targeted, dealing 20% more damage and regenerating health when striking your enemy. They will also last longer than normal)

- Mindbending [Perfect you possesion abilities to attack the minds of your opponents and instill fear and despair among the weak, or take control of them utilizing their meager talents]
    Main Spell: [Wreck Mind] Cost: 1 Shadow Power - Instant attack that does #%# - %"# shadow damage (based on attack power) to your target, devestating it's mind leaving it Disoriented for 2 seconds and applying a debuff reducing healing done by 5% / 10%.
    Duration: 10 seconds.
    (If the black arrow effect is on your target, your target will not be disoriented but run away in fear, taking 50% damage of the damage done over the duration of that fear. Dealing damage to this feared target will not break the effect. Time feared is same as when disoriented.)

Ofcourse Balance issues will be a problem here and there, but this is not supposed to be balanced, it's just something I came up with now when I was sick.

So thank you for reading (unless you skipped to the end).
    From yours truly.
    Last edited by mmoc0f8aeac6a8; 2010-12-06 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wall of text spam crits for 670000000000.

can't do that while dead
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

Deleted
    Glad it mind critted some one

NO! we already have shadow priests and hunters!

Deleted
    It does sound a bit too rehashed from other classes to make a completely new one...but there are some cool ideas to make a rogue ranged spec if it were to be implemented someday (although sadly I know it won't).

Deleted
    Yeah, me too. just thought it would be a fun thing to write when i'm this bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus Ragemountain View Post
    Yeah, me too. just thought it would be a fun thing to write when i'm this bored.

lol Sorry! I was bored too ^^

Its too late for this class. This is all happening not just before Cata and WOTLK, but this all happened before WoW vanilla, thus it would just make everyone say, "Where have these classes been all this time?" And saying they have been walking around in UC isn't reason enough. People will wonder why they are just now doing these quests and story arcs when the main villain of the Dark Ranger is already dead (Lich King). And the last reason is, we all ready got 2 "deathy" classes, one of which has an almost exact replica lore story. (DK) The Lich King cant create all the new classes that we get because the classes will start to look and feel the same.
    Long unlive the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemachina View Post
    Its too late for this class. This is all happening not just before Cata and WOTLK, but this all happened before WoW vanilla, thus it would just make everyone say, "Where have these classes been all this time?" And saying they have been walking around in UC isn't reason enough. People will wonder why they are just now doing these quests and story arcs when the main villain of the Dark Ranger is already dead (Lich King). And the last reason is, we all ready got 2 "deathy" classes, one of which has an almost exact replica lore story. (DK) The Lich King cant create all the new classes that we get because the classes will start to look and feel the same.
    You do realize that Blizzard can create Quel'thalas as it looked like before the Scourge ravaged it?
    And that both Death Knights and Worgen (human episode) is set WAY before cataclysm, blizz has explained that by they exist in a pocket in time not connected with the "real" world.
    Also why I wanted the starting zone in Quel'thalas and during this time in the history was to tickle for the chance to get to see Sylvanas story in-depth and watch her pain and descent into darkness.

to sum it up: Blizz has been known to show us alot of lore for us that want it through different types of quests/instances/starting zones. This would be no different. Letting us experience the downfall of the High Elves and Sylvanas death.

10+ Year Old Account
    sweet! so does ally get Swedish pastry chefs for their faction only class? and of course they can only be played by gnomes right? since Dork Rangers can only be Metros.. I mean belf

plz excuse my bad spelling, my brain hurts after reading that inept proposal from a 12 yo...
    To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women, that is what is best in life.