Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Computer Going Black and Making Noise Through Speakers, While Playing WoW

Here's my problem. In the middle of playing WoW my computer Makes a noise, at the same time of the noise, it makes a black screen. A few seconds later ( IF i dont have to manually restart comp) the game come's back, but with a HUGE Rez and the whole window is brought down to mid screen and to the right. I just started having this problem on this PC, and been playing WoW on it for 2 yrs. One more thing, the problem still goes on while in window mode and w/e window mode. should i by a new comp? is it a graphic issue? the issue happends everyday but not all the time, sometimes in the morning, sometimes at night.

15+ Year Old Account
    Check your CPU/GPU temperatures. Make sure you've updated to the latest drivers. If all else fails, include the required information from the sticky.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Temp runs at about and around 95 in raids, and about and around 45 drivers are up to date.
    i cant post pics links or images yet so here are the specs * Run all your applications and software at blazing-fast speeds with a Dell XPS computer
    * Desktop computer features an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHz processor
    * Electronics device includes 3GB RAM memory
    * 320GB hard drive to store all your digital media and files
    * DVD+/-RW drive lets you playback or burn DVD media
    * Six USB ports on the back and two on the front allow you to connect all your peripherals
    * i394 port on the front, one on the back
    * eSATA port on the back
    * 19-in-1 memory card reader with Bluetooth technology
    * Radeon HD 3450 256MB DVI PCI-E video card (Dell part no. Y368G)
    * Fast 100Base-X Ethernet network adapter
    * Includes Windows VISTA Home Premium operating system
    but the graphics card is diff i have a GeForce 7950 GT which i think is a lil better then stock

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 11:43 AM ----------

I have Windows Ultra 7 instead of Vista

15+ Year Old Account
    95 is far too hot for the CPU to be running, you might want to check that the CPU fan is working and the heatsink is properly seated
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    You say you've been playing for 2 years, prolly just a LOT of dust in it.

Go to your local computer shop and let them clean it with some compressed air.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am a clean Freak, Just computer dumb. there is everything on this computer to run wow and the internet, i didnt want a whole lot of unwanted programs, so when i bought the comp thats when i deleted everything i didnt need, how would someone check if the cpu fan is working, also when i run say 5 pages of internet and my windows music player, fan runs at 70ish. the computer is all up to date i maintain it to the best of my weak computer skills lol. I did notic that when i take the door off it runs a lil better not much of a diff.

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 12:10 PM ----------

the computer is not in a in closed area eaither. the fan on the graphics card is running

Deleted
    Dust in a computer is normal, even in very clean enviorments. Open up the case to see if it's dusty (on the heatsink).

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    sorry for so many reply's but with just mmo up nothing eles its at 74 degrees

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 12:14 PM ----------

clean as a whistle, i spray it not allthe time but prolly 1 every 2 weeks