10+ Year Old Account

New Expansion Idea: Dual Character Abilities

OK, this is just an idea I came up with in the past 15 minutes and isn't really well thought out but oh well.

Dual Character Abilities are abilities that require two characters to do. (Duh.) They combine two moves and make them into one super combo move thing. For example, a Shaman could use a Tornado like move and a Mage could link up with the Shaman and throw a couple fire balls in there and make a fire tornado type of thing. I don't know how Blizz could implement this but its just a random thought I had and wanted to tell someone :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda like that new harry potter-ish game coming out on the ps move

I could see this leading to a lot of FoTM issues. You know, which combos are best.

would be kinda cool to sync up with raid members or even arena partners

edit: but whose dmg would it be counted as? would it get cut even but what if someone is contributing more because he has tons more stats

This was in Everquest 2 at their release. They are called "Heroic Opportunities." There is a wheel that displays different types of abilities. If everyone in your group does the correct ability, everyone will receive a buff, or a big damage strike. They can be done with 1-6 people.
    Last edited by Arkk; 2010-12-06 at 03:35 AM. Reason: speling

sorta reminds me of skillchains+magicbursts from FFXI. I miss that mechanic.

sounds like what LOTRO had.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

guild wars 2 does a lot of this the example they were showing was a mage type making a wall of fire and an archer firing his arrows through it

You know what? Why don't we just make Corruption a stun. Maybe a chain Pyroblast? You know OP that would be?

yeah I was thinking of FFXI to, with the 2 classes.. cant remember how it was set up... one was full 100% and secondary was 50% or something... so a level in cata it would be a lvl 85 Warrior for main skills and would have for secondary 40(ish) skills of.. oh i dont know... warlock.... (just throwing it out there i know its pointless)

Sounds awful. To be dreadfully honest.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dynasty Warriors 2 player musou ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Thrall is basicaly a green Jesus with a big hammer, shooting bolts of lightning out of his ass.

This isn't really a new idea and definitely NOT one that WoW needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This also seems similar to the new Fable 3 mechanic of being able to comine two types of spell types to make a cool new spell such as the fiery tornado or lightning blizzard.

Kinda like Unison Attacks in some of the "Tales of..." games? You hit something to initiate it, everyone chooses an ability, and then if you selected a good combo, you get a special move added in at the end that does free extra damage...?

:|

i think it'd be pretty cool and easy to implement if you could do this with say an AoE that gives mobs in the area a buff like say... hunter uses an oil trap that gives all the mobs a debuff that could slow attack speed or something... then if hit with a fire spell it could ignite causing a special animation and do extra damage/DoT/debuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

As if class balansing isnt hard enough for blizz

OT: I like the idea but see above.....

Interesting to say the least xD