Poll: How much is the fish? (ye, Scooter, guy needs to be remembered)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Question How much money will blizzard make in the coming week?

Not a qq post or anything, just wondering, since...

- a lot of people will buy Cataclysm
    - a gazillion race changes
    - a lot of people will activate accounts (or already activated)

since game is all new and exciting again and there is a lot of stuff to do

I hope they make 100000000 dollars. The fact that they went back and remade Azeroth in the shattering for everyone, not just the players that purchased Cataclysm speaks to how good of a company these guys really are.
    “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” – Steve Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Sajman01 View Post
    I hope they make 100000000 dollars. The fact that they went back and remade Azeroth in the shattering for everyone, not just the players that purchased Cataclysm speaks to how good of a company these guys really are.
    Lol, troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Requal View Post
    Lol, troll.
    Yeah, i mean everyone knows that blizzard are Activision puppets who are trying to gain world domination and anyone who praises blizzard must be a troll, correct?
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Deleted
    Lol, troll.
    Lol, newfag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbait View Post
    Lol, newfag.
    Lol, Meanie?

Lol, newfag.
    Might get a wee ban there...

Anywho. It's unsure how much money Blizz will make, but it sure is ALOT! They already have made quite a substantial ammount from the digital preorder. Nice bussiness mind there blizz 8/10

The answer is: approximately three metric fucktons. I've already paid for my main's race change in advance, and because I've wanted to play a tauren paladin since the game launched, I changed my paladin's, too.

This week alone IMO - 4 million box sales x 49.99 + Race change sales + old subscribers coming back i'd guess 250-300 million ...that is the very lowest end number it could be much much higher depending on how many of the 12 million subscribers buy cataclysm the first week.

Lol, troll.
    Lol, newfag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darjsabora View Post
    Lol, Meanie?
    ..What the..

OT: I'd probably say they'll make a huge income, but then you'll have to take away how much extra pay they'll have to give their employees for working overtime for Cata and then even more over the Christmas holidays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    ..What the..

OT: I'd probably say they'll make a huge income, but then you'll have to take away how much extra pay they'll have to give their employees for working overtime for Cata and then even more over the Christmas holidays.
    I just followed the flow :P and I think the make a really hug income too.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    ..What the..

true, hard work always pays itself off in the end!

They will make half of what they could be making because they can't get their digital pre order thing figured out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Yeah, i mean everyone knows that blizzard are Activision puppets who are trying to gain world domination and anyone who praises blizzard must be a troll, correct?
    erhm blizzard and activision are one company

To be completely honest, I don't care how much money they make from the game I freely choose to spend my money on to play.

If it helps them keep providing a quality product then I am all for it, and if you dont think the product is quality - stop spending your money on it and find something else - I'm really not interested in your qq about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darjsabora View Post
    Lol, Meanie?
    more like loljustice, that guy over there says something great about blizzard. then that other person comes in and calls troll because it's a compliment. a newfag to not recognize a simple truth from troll, so i called it. gona leave it a that.
    Last edited by mmoc079eea4b81; 2010-12-06 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    Hmm...

---------- Post added 2010-12-06 at 09:35 AM ----------

Lol, troll.
    please learn what troll means, then come back. That is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplegnome View Post
    Not a qq post or anything, just wondering, since...

- a lot of people will buy Cataclysm
    - a gazillion race changes
    - a lot of people will activate accounts (or already activated)

since game is all new and exciting again and there is a lot of stuff to do
    No quite sure this is topic for discussion - in fact I do not care - thats no my money and blizzard is not bancrupting - so how much it is is fully irrelevant.

cheers
    J.

i picked over 9000 hundered billion dollars because that sounded the most like a real number.

I think they actually won't break any records (selling within a given time period), as many people have already bought the game over the Blizzstore. I am one of them. If we just think of the income as a result of this product, and not within a certain period of time, they will most likely be swimming in cash in the coming weeks/month.