View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
17. This poll is closed
  • Morally acceptable, but Blizzard will care.

4 23.53%
  • Morally acceptable, Blizzard wont care.

4 23.53%
  • Morally unacceptable, Blizzard will care.

2 11.76%
  • Morally unacceptable, but Blizzard wont care.

2 11.76%
  • I don't care.

5 29.41%

Free month of wow and RAF rocket?

So, I have been hearing how a few ppl in my guild kind of "scammed" some gold sellers.

Basically, it has to do with the guys that sell the RAF rockets for 10k gold and whatever. What they did, is talked to him and arranged it all so that they get a free month of wow and the rocket. When they arrange it all, the gold sellers ask that you refer them, then they buy 1 month (which nets you 1 free month game time), then you pay 5k gold, then they pay another month (netting you the rocket), and you pay the last 5k gold. Well, these friends just went along with it, and acted like they were kinda baddies and just didnt know what was going on. They had the person walk them through how it works several times and etc before finally giving into that they understood. So then, they acted like there were afraid of getting scammed or something, or being unsure as to if it worked, and spent like 30mins talking to the seller, finally getting it arranged so that they pay in full after getting their rocket. They go through the whole process, and after they get the rocket and free month of wow, they just put the gold seller on ignore. The seller cant really open a ticket or report you, since they are doing something against TOS, and you just scored...

Now, I honestly dont know what to think about doing this. I'm kind of intrigued, since its free game time and another mount to add to our collections. But... can you get in trouble for this? I mean, morally, I dont really feel bad about it, since its a gold seller... but will Blizzard get pissed off that you did this?

Before deciding if I want to do this as well, I kind of want hear what others think on the matter.

Are you sure it's gold sellers that are doing this? Usually gold sellers are level one. The people I have seen offering the mounts are level 80 in known guilds.

Also, roffles at getting a free mount and game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have done it, But then again people on my server that sell stuff like that aren't usually THAT dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Hmm, I am not sure if the person was lvl 1 or not. I didnt think to ask that. I will next time I speak to guildies.

Its level 1. The gold companies use the money from the purchase to buy 2 months of wow...and it seems to be only on large amounts of gold (30k+) As to how your guild got the e-mail for raf before buying the gold, I'd be interested in knowing that.

They weren't getting the mount and whatever for BUYING gold, but in EXCHANGE for gold.

As in my guildies (are supposed to) give the seller 10k gold, and the seller gives them the free month and mount.

From what I was told, the guy was just in trade offering to do this, they didnt have to search for him or anything.

Server is Deathwing, Horde side if interested.

Regardless of what Blizzard think of it, this might be real-life illegal, because the gold seller is being tricked into paying real-life money and not being given what was agreed in return.

soo your buddies managed to make a deal that 10k gold will buy you a RaF Mount and a month of game time, and managed to actually Get it for free? sounds like some body is lieing to you... or attempting to make a good bullshit story

The OP is hoping that by making the victim somebody that presumably you wouldn't have much sympathy for, you'll find his "friends'" actions funny, instead of realizing that they are actually stealing.

Well, I know that they got the mount... 2 different ppl actually. And both claim to have done this same thing. If they actually paid and are lying, then that might be true... but I doubt it. Why lie about something like this? What would they get out of it lol? And why encourage other ppl to join in with them, to as they say "screw over the gold sellers".

I dunno, I kind of believe what they say happened, if only because I dont see the benefit that they get from actually lying.

---------- Post added 2010-12-05 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by klimon View Post
    The OP is hoping that by making the victim somebody that presumably you wouldn't have much sympathy for, you'll find his "friends'" actions funny, instead of realizing that they are actually stealing.
    And no... Im not. I dont find it funny at all. I am just seriously thinking about doing the same, but am afraid of how blizzard will retaliate. I want to know if others feel that Blizzard might actually do so, or if they just wont care...

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTank View Post
    And no... Im not. I dont find it funny at all. I am just seriously thinking about doing the same, but am afraid of how blizzard will retaliate. I want to know if others feel that Blizzard might actually do so, or if they just wont care...
    Oh, I'm sorry. I thought you were just posting to laugh at it. I was just giving you the benefit of the doubt. Now I can feel free to say that what you are suggesting is plain wrong to anyone who believes in "Thou shall not steal". The fact that the person may be a gold seller doesn't matter one bit.

i have 4 rockets and only paid 5k once for all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalaeon View Post
    i have 4 rockets and only paid 5k once for all of them.
    Why do you need more than one? Or do you only get the rocket on one character?
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Zantumall View Post
    Why do you need more than one? Or do you only get the rocket on one character?
    It's character bound not account bound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyTank View Post
    But... can you get in trouble for this?
    Yes, actually, if they cancel the payment for the account that gave you the rocket, you can get in trouble as they will look into chat logs, emails added/refered, etc.

>~.~> Any topic regarding ways to scam someone is wrong, forbidden topic guys, move on =] ~Raven