Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    the spellsteal is allready rediculus the only thing that i dont understand is why mages cant spellsteal Divine Shield ?? its a magic spell too !! warriors can remove it , priest can mass dispell it so ........let mages spellsteal too.
    so we can have an imortal frost mage spam ice lance for 8 sec and when the bouble ends do his unique rotation with deep frezee.

the most stupid thing for holy pala atm is that i cant cc none !! the only cc thing i got is a stun with 1 min cd!!
    druids - shammys = cyclone / hex , snare
    priest = fear (30 sec cd ) , mind control

so all classes kitting me - ok i cant die atm but its not my fault when people dont know how to cc - interupt my heals in the right moment !!!

i want my Judgement of Justice back !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by janou13 View Post
    ok is unbalnce atm we will see in 85 lvl
    but
    atm i dont see any mage have mana issues (mana gem - evocation - huge mana pool).....and from the other hand the only thing that a mage is doing is spam spellsteal and spam ice lance.
    ok, time to explain why IL is so "OP" with dizzy, early morning "still half asleep" maths :P (so If I do the calculations in the wrong order, feel free to correct me :P)

say it had a base damageof 1000

it's boosted 25% from frost spec: 250
    glyphed will add 5% extra: 50
    so base damage becomes 1300

when youre frozen, or FoF procs, critical chance is tripled, so any mages above 33.3333% crit will have 100% crit chance, making the spell hit for 150% dmg, so the dmg becomes 1950
    the frost mastery increases the damage by 20% increasing by 2.5% every point of mastery, so that's a minimum boost of 390, making the damage 2340
    that's doubled when FoF is up or the target is frozen, so when frozen, the dmg becomes 4680

that's assuming that the base spell hits for 1000, in reality, it probably hits for more, and if youre Deep Frozen, they can get more of the lances off, about 3/4 from my experience, so in 1 deep freeze you could be hit from anywhere between 14,040 and 18,720

this isn't counting resilience of course, and would a mage be able to give me a value for IL without any buffs, freezes or FoF procs, and I can show with my sleepy maths why the IL is so "OP"

TL: DR?
    if IL had a base dmg of 1000, with procs, 33.333% crit and no mastery, it can reach 4680 dmg
    look at how many procs we get, how Ice Lance actually WORKS (double dmg on frozen targets/FoF procs/deep frozen tragets) and how many buffs we get against frozen targets, and you'll see WHY it seems OP

edit:
    also, for spell steal, it works WONDERS against druid healers :P it can be the difference between a win, and a long drawn out loss

but I wish we could steal flying mounts still
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2010-12-07 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    ok, time to explain why IL is so "OP" with dizzy, early morning "still half asleep" maths :P (so If I do the calculations in the wrong order, feel free to correct me :P)
    Ice Lance does 447 max base damage at 85, with a 14.29% coefficient, so at ~4000 spell power it would reach 1000 base damage.

The only problem with your calculation is that criticals do double damage, not 150% (mage and warlock spells got that effect baseline). Assuming all your other math is correct, the final damage would be 6240. That's at level 85, when people have 90k-100k health. I leave whether or not that's OP to you guys.