Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You get 9% from Judgements of the Pure, plus 3% from Speed of Light, leaving you at 12% plus your current haste level.

I agree with the poster before this one - crit for us holy paladins is amazing. Our mastery rating is pretty weak imho. I stack Int > Spirit > Haste > crit and I reforge all mastery rating into crit. Holy shock is our main heal (you should be casting it every cool down) and when it crits, you get an almost insta-cast Holy Light (which is our most efficient spell) and in turn crits can also proc Daybreak which is two back to back Shocks. You can start to see the cycle here. Not only that, but Shock grants HP which is always helpful (free heals).

Haste is good, but I wouldn't try to reach the cap. Our talents already give us quite a bit of haste, and in our mana starved environment more haste = less mana. Crit almost doubles your throughput and grants procs. IMHO Efficiency is the name of the game right now, and Crit for us holy paladins is where its at.

http://bis.vilepickle.com/index.php

Either click on the links for each item to see more or alter the settings but that list will give you an idea of BiS for crafted/reg/heroics/raids --- just grab what you actually have access to.

Spi > Haste > Crit > Mast

Mastery sucks for repetetive tank healing, and for most aoe's its wasted
    Crit effects our major tank healing component, being protector of the innocent, and all other heals that get transfered through beacon don't apply our mastery but do transfer extras through crit

The only downside of crit is that its not consistant, but seeing how long it takes for a tanks health to drop now that doesn't really matter

(Seriously next raid/heroic, check how much healing beacon is doing, and how much mastery would be wasted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way, haste / crit mastery rating on gear isn't really all that awesome as it used to be, due to the fact they don't really add much since we need so much rating to actually increase the stats.

For instance, a gear piece with 150 crit is as valueable as a piece with 150 mastery. Mastery isn't bad, it's just not that great. Crit is way too much RNG dependant for me to focus on, which leaves haste, the steady throughput stat.

If mastery would work with Beacon then I'd value it a lot higher than crit, though.
    Hi

With the changes implimented in the recent Pally nerf, I don't see much point in this discussion anymore. Who cares if Mastery or Crit is better? Spirit/Haste all the way.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Int > Spirit > Haste > Crit = Mastery

once you get down at the end it's all the same really, crit might be slightly better since Mastery doesn't affect every ability, but in our current gear level it doesn't matter. At higher tiers where we have enough spirit to not reforge, then it will maybe make a difference.

Deleted
    Hello I have some questions to ask:
    *plz answer as detailed as possible*

1. After Intelect... i should get Spirit or Mastery (mostly for hc's and especially early raid bosses) and why.
    2. Is there a cap i must reach for any of the stats mentioned above?

*atm i am picking Int + Spirit combination items with mastery. (high spirit high mastery)

Is that wrong? *as far as i checked top paladins have 10% faster casting speed than me or so via haste... is that SO crucial to sacrifice good absorbion shield and mana regen?

Tnx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Drjim View Post
    Hello I have some questions to ask:
    *plz answer as detailed as possible*

1. After Intelect... i should get Spirit or Mastery (mostly for hc's and especially early raid bosses) and why.

*atm i am picking Int + Spirit combination items with mastery. (high spirit high mastery)

Is that wrong? *as far as i checked top paladins have 10% faster casting speed than me or so via haste... is that SO crucial to sacrifice good absorbion shield and mana regen?

Tnx in advance.
    I seriously hate mastery, it's in a completely worthless state atm as it doesnt "proc" from all our spells and just creates very weak and small shields.

If you're early in gearing, odds are you'll go oom like mad and odds are also that people around you will die if you cannot heal them fast enough. A little mastery-based bubble aint gonna save anyone tbh.

Simply go: Int > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Drjim View Post

1. Assuming that you will go for your primary stat wherever you can in terms of secondarys it's Spirit first - in early contents even more so. Later all you want is haste at least until 1860 haste rating as this is an obtainable level and a breaking point for holy radiance to warrant 14 ticks with raidbuffed haste coefficients.

2. Neither Int nor spirt or haste do have reachable caps.
    Going oom too fast? --> Spirit + INT (more mana, more throughput/Spellpower)
    People dieing with you having full mana? --> heal faster/harder --> get INT+haste

Mastery sucks. I can go into detail but seriously don't revive zombie threads, it's discussed in several threads on front and 2nd page. Suffice to say that a shield that lasts only 8 seconds, is wasted on non-usage, is unstackable and doesn't come with AOE spells AND does not transfer via beacon is near worthless - welcome to our mastery.
    Last edited by Fiercon; 2011-03-04 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I seriously hate mastery, it's in a completely worthless state atm as it doesnt "proc" from all our spells and just creates very weak and small shields.

If you're early in gearing, odds are you'll go oom like mad and odds are also that people around you will die if you cannot heal them fast enough. A little mastery-based bubble aint gonna save anyone tbh.

Simply go: Int > Spirit > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    Yep, Mastery's quite bad.
    I find that generally gearing with the pieces with spirit gives you enough. Might have to grab a spirit trinket (plenty of those floating about) but I wouldn't personally condone reforging to spirit. Reforging to haste is good for your regen because it means you can cast Holy Lights quicker meaning more use of cheap spells over one big one; situation allowing for that ofc. I explained that horribly but hopefully the point got across.

Int>Spirit>Haste>Crit>Mastery is pretty much how it goes.

A poster above says crit is awesome; crit is unreliable. I'd rather have solid reliable fast heals over maybe a few more lucky crits when I might not necessarily need them :P Healing is about control and stability so thats why we gear that way. Int for throughput and regen (replenishment and spirit based mana regen scale off int too); spirit for regen and haste for throughput and regen as I explained above.

The only caps you have to worry about are the 1sec GCD caps for haste where instant spells will stop benefiting which might change the balance on how we gear but we're not there yet afaik. Raid buffed my FoL is 1.09 or something and i'm in normal epic, few heroic mode epic gear. Holy Light, and DL still benefit ofc. Whether crit becomes a bit more dominant or mastery does at that point is something we'd have to consider at that point.
    Last edited by KnightChivalry; 2011-03-04 at 02:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is nearly 3 months old, and the discussion is very outdated.

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines