Deleted

Need Haunt/SB macro

I've been looking everywhere but couldn't find one that works or tries to do exactly what I want.

It's very simple: I want a macro that casts Haunt when it's up, and otherwise casts Shadow Bolt. I've tried castsequence, castrandom and various other things, but they're never fluid or properly prioritized. If Haunt is up, it has to cast that, and if not, it has to only try to to cast SB so that I don't get fail casts like you do with a castrandom where one ability has a CD and the other doesn't.

Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Doesn't seem like a wise macro to me. Dunno why, just don't like it.

On topic...No idea. Never seen a warlock that wanted them bound together until now.

Deleted
    Doesn't seem like a wise macro to me. Dunno why, just don't like it.

On topic...No idea. Never seen a warlock that wanted them bound together until now.
    Why not? As affliction, your filler is SB unless Haunt is off cooldown. You always want to cast Haunt instead of SB when able, and there aren't really any situations where you'll want to cast SB instead of Haunt. There'll be plenty situations where you want to just cast Haunt and not SB, in which case you just hit the macro once.

You can not, Castsequence is the only thing that could help.
    Since macro's are not designed to Recognize if buffs/debuffs are up or not.
    Hope i helped!

EDIT: I thought in a very good old days i made a macro for my brother which casted Flameshock in sequense so it would be up all the time, it
    resetted when you got a new target, can not remember what it was, need to check it out.
    So that in coorperation with Castsequence should give you what you want i guess, your story is kind of vague...
    Last edited by Omgabear; 2010-12-06 at 04:25 PM.
    Originally Posted by spicie View Post
    Real Life is just an illusion caused by lack of WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    only thing i can give you is a space saver [mod:alt] macro though mine have not been working right for the last patch or two

10+ Year Old Account
    /castsequence reset=8 Haunt, Shadowbolt

When creating this macro, use the question mark for the symbol. It will switch it's icon to the proper spell. I hope this will work for ya.

Deleted
    Set up a /castsequence depending on you haste, so lets say (can't remember cooldown so everything is made up) shadow bot take 1.5sec to cast and haunt has a 9 sec cooldown, you sequence would look like

/castsequence reset=target haunt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt

so you would cast haunt then 6 shadow bolts taking 9 seconds in which time you haunt will be off cd. If that makes sense.

Deleted
    Personnaly i think the cast sequence wont work. It will work then that is the only 2 spells you cast.
    It wont work because you allso need to refresh your dots that takes some times aswell. When you do this the cast sequence will continue where it left off.
    For example:

You start you macro.
    Haunt is cast and you gain the 8 sec CD.
    The reset rate is 8 shadow bolts.
    You casted 4 shadow bolts
    Suddenly your dots are about to expire.
    You refresh them while the CD on haunt finishes.
    You use your macro again and you start off doing the last 4 shadow bolt where you left off.
    Eventually you will be casting shadow bolt while haunt is allready from cd AND has expired.\

I think you should get a spell time tracker.

Deleted
    Cast sequence is the only way to do this, and that's very clunky and unreliable. This functionality was deliberatelty removed to prevent a mod playing the game for you.

Also, stop being lazy :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Plague-Bane View Post
    For example:

You start you macro.
    Haunt is cast and you gain the 8 sec CD.
    The reset rate is 8 shadow bolts.
    You casted 4 shadow bolts
    Suddenly your dots are about to expire.
    You refresh them while the CD on haunt finishes.
    You use your macro again and you start off doing the last 4 shadow bolt where you left off.
    Eventually you will be casting shadow bolt while haunt is allready from cd AND has expired.\

I think you should get a spell time tracker.
    Definately a tracker is needed but /castsequence could work just fine.

/castsequence reset=8 Haunt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt

What your forgetting is the reset commands function. Once Haunt has been fired off a timer starts counting down 8 second. When it finishes the sequence is reset regardless of your position down it. So by setting the reset command to the time Haunt takes to come off CD you will achieve your desired outcome.

Personally Idd keep them seperate but you dont have too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post

/castsequence reset=8 Haunt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt, Shadow Bolt

What your forgetting is the reset commands function. Once Haunt has been fired off a timer starts counting down 8 second. When it finishes the sequence is reset regardless of your position down it. So by setting the reset command to the time Haunt takes to come off CD you will achieve your desired outcome.

I dident know it was counted as seconds

Yea its not very well covered. Only found a single instance of it used like that on the wiki. But you can test it yourself easy enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seclorum View Post

I tested this and still i get stuck on SB while my haunt has allready finished its cd.
    You said Reset = 8
    This is based on the amount of spell right and not seconds.
    Last edited by mmocf799acc451; 2010-12-21 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    The reset modifier applies after each key pressed. So in:

cast haunt -> timer reset to 8 sec
    cast 1st SB -> reset to 8 sec
    cast 2nd SB -> reset again to 8 sec
    cast 3rd SB -> reset to 8 sec!
    etc..

So the macro will reset when you DON'T press it during 8 seconds or when you cast the final SB.

So the only way to do this right with a macro is using key modifiers and tracking your haunt cooldown with a mod (dottimer, tellmewhen, forteui ...). You can even add more spells, for instance:

/cast [nomodifier] Shadow Bolt
    /cast [modifier:alt] Haunt
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Shadowflame
    /cast [modifier:shift] Fel Flame
    Last edited by mmocc1748a542d; 2010-12-21 at 04:48 PM. Reason: adding more info

Huh i didnt know the reset timer itself reset every time the key was pressed. Makes sense tho. Ive only used the command on my debuff stack (Curse, bane)

Guess you learn something new everyday.

Is there a macro that will cast all my spells when I need to cast them based on a priority list I tell it? I just want to push one button for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunklock View Post
    Is there a macro that will cast all my spells when I need to cast them based on a priority list I tell it? I just want to push one button for dps.
    Seriously? I really hope that sarcasm or trolling.

On topic, there is an add-on made for rogues that displays the "optimum" button to press that I assume takes into account combo points, energy, cooldowns, etc. So all you have to do is make one yourself, or ask that guy to make one for you.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../bemore/simple Retired...for now.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...factoid/simple New Main.
    HOLY POWER =/= COMBO POINTS!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunt123 View Post
    I am just not willing to look RNG in the face and say "Bite me"

Sure heres a macro for 1 button DPS.

#showtooltip Im Pro
    /castsequence reset=666/combat Nerf Bat, Uber Bolt, Pet Break CC, Face Roll, I Win
    /yell "I am a Golden God!"